Search results

1. Jabubu

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haha, thanks for the offer but I want to stick with my oval chainring so that means a Cinch interface.
  2. Jabubu

Little Things You Love

Don't think that went unnoticed..
  3. Jabubu

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I'm thinking of changing tack and instead source a set of Race Face Aeffect R cranks to fit to my bike. I have a spare 32T chainring so I'll fit the AbsoluteBLACK oval chainring to the new cranks, move my Race Face Ride cranks to my son's bike along with the original round Race Face chainring...
  4. Jabubu

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

I thought the correct answer is a Henty?
  5. Jabubu

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

New Auron 36 too. I like the updated graphics.
  6. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

Now turn the wheel between 120 and 180 degrees and turn the volume up and down without looking.
  7. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

That's just a horizontal orientation issue. Buttons on a steering wheel are not, that requires you to work out where buttons are along an arc. That's not muscle memory, that requires attention and coordination.
  8. Jabubu

QLD Shimano drive side crank arm (96mm PCD spider)

Drat, thanks for looking :)
  9. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

All the examples are of people negotiated large roundabouts with quarter turns of the wheel required. Now do the same on a smaller suburban roundabout, then do it at night. Stalk make sense as you don't even need to look, you just rely on muscle memory to use them. Ergonomics is hard..
  10. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

Well the first one had a faulty lambda sensor but then it was trouble free for 6,000 miles. The second one needed a gearbox recondition and the big fuse failed but that was an older used model.
  11. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

Agreed, straight ahead doesn't change the position of the buttons. I've never had a button fail in a car in the 30 years I've been driving. And I've owned two TVRs!
  12. Jabubu

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

It's only available as an XL in Deore spec - go for it!
  13. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

Because Teslas have been faultless with cameras... But seriously, why are companies trying to do away with tried and trusted ergonomics? There's a reason VW are returning to buttons and switches from non-tactile touch controls.
  14. Jabubu

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

From a car forum -
  15. Jabubu

And you'll need a ute to carry it around.
  16. Jabubu

Trails around Wagga or Tumbarumba?

Daaaaamn
  17. Jabubu

They ride really well - a little weighty but you can buy some quality wheels and lighten up the rotating mass by at least half a kilo. The standard bike came with a Rockshox 35 but we got a Pike Ultimate as a warranty replacement!
  18. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

A motorbike doesn't have a steering wheel. Your hands grip the bars and there is limited side to side movement, but your hands and controls are always in the same place. Putting vertical indicator buttons on a steering wheel so they're not consistently in the same place is a dumb idea. It just is.
  19. Jabubu

Electric Vehicles etc

I rarely take mine to the city, but when I do I rarely have issues parking it. I also looked at the updated Tesla Model Y online (Juniper) and apparently ventilated seats will be available :)