Search results

1. R

The "Rant" Thread - Get It Off Your Chest...

I think you'll find it's a toyota or other overseas build actually :D
  2. R

State/Local Politics Thread: En garde!

Metro is a dud going that far, heavy rail is what you really need! But if indeed it really is as reported by then that's not good enough. I bagged the previous mob for their blatant funding of their own & the same applies. I'm not so sure there'd be no votes in it either. But I'm even...
  3. R

40% of Australians xenophobic?

I think you're right MoR, sometimes we all (at least in moments of weakness) take the easy line of abuse rather than dealing with the merits (or lack thereof), but we can fight back!
  4. R

There's no problem with identifying a person as black, white, Caucasian, Asian, Mediterranean appearance etc etc etc where the situation warrants it. eg, where you want to identify an individual ... I was speaking with a guy at the race the other day who was riding a Trek but I didn't get...
  5. R

me too, sadly true. :( A bit counter-intuitive I would have thought. :confused: Sure there's more likelihood of exposure to negatives but also more likelihood of exposure to positives. Almost invariably it's a case of once you get to know 'em- hey they're not so bad after all...
  6. R

year 12 is done! why am i sad??

coz now you will have to start paying your own way? ;) Naa, of course it's sad, it's a major milestone in your life! Got one myself finishing - he says thank God it's over!
  7. R

Lehman and the Credit Crisis...Please Explain

I didn't read nizai that way myself, rather I think the point was that whilst mentioning those things, you didn't elaborate - it seems to me those things are a pretty fundamental factors to ignore. :confused: What would be really good to know is whether these things will have an impact which...
  8. R

Does this just put off an even bigger collapse later? - or can the economy grow in perpetuity? Can we safely climb down from the precipice through the introduction of sensible regulation?
  9. R

Jokes Thread.

very funny indeed!
  10. R

This is why democracy seriously needs to be looked at.

Absolutely! The Gong is still a labor town! :D
  11. R

This is why democracy seriously needs to be looked at.

not quite, they did have the member for Cunningham (Wollongong) when they won the seat with less than a quarter of the primaries in a by-election five or so years ago. And there's an interesting SMH story showing a number of seats would turn green if the recent NSW council election results were...
  12. R

Thems not biting. Or they've jumped out their windows :eek: so who do you reckon will be the shadow treasurer sarvo?
  13. R

so that's where the photos went... :D
  14. R

Council elections this weekend So how about this weekend's NSW council elections? This time around the campaigning seems to be much more party oriented than it has been previously. Labor candidates have the ALP logo all about and seem to be relying on the fed govts current popularity. The...
  15. R

You're quite right Johnny - though it sucks that it's so. What oughta matter are the real things, and as far as I'm concerned this stuff isn't a really big deal. But yeah, a dummy act would always be caught out - same as the chair sniffer in WA although on the organ players list I'm not sure...
  16. R

How to get wood to look like this? Updated with painted MPC

sheez....:confused: honestly mate, no-ones making it up, the blowtorch thing is really how its done! We used to do it in school woodwork 30 years ago. Pine works well as does anything with a open grain, like the timber you see at those whitewood cheapo furniture places (I'm not too sure how...
  17. R

Jokes Thread.

My ex-wife asked what reincarnation is. I explained, when you die you come back as something else. She said she wanted to come back as a pig. I said, 'You're not f**king listening'
  18. R

phone issue need help

gee I hope someone offers to swap my dunlop MTB for your bling STP (or whatever...) I won't feel bad about it at all :rolleyes: :confused:
  19. R

Hey Mr Black, I'm rather interested in your views re the now apparently defunct plan to sell parts of the electrickery system? Should it be sold or kept in public hands? Me, I think keep it public, but there's just a little bit of me concerned that what with carbon trading, coal being...
  20. R

Costa will be retiring I reckon. He's been no friend of the unions for years now. Than again he's one of the few up there who can count at least....;:rolleyes: Belinda's husband'll be the new tres I reckon :eek: Yes really!