Search results

1. Gone Riding

SA SOLD (to me!): 2x ROLA Roof Mount Bike Racks + Roof Rails

EDIT - No interest and have decided I can still use the bike racks! Item: 2x ROLA Roof Mount Bike Racks + Optional Roof Rails (suit WRX wagon) Location: Adelaide, SA (can post at buyer's expense) Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: New Car, New Racks Price and price conditions...
  2. Gone Riding

Stupid Question? Rides from Bondi or Botany?

Hey All, we're spending a week in Sydney before heading down to The Mont... Bondi Beach and Botany for a few days at each. Haven't spent much time in Sydney, but I'm keen to spin the legs a few times during the week, but not keen on doing it in Sydney traffic on roads that I don't know. Can't...
  3. Gone Riding

Hard Bicycle Cases...

I've been looking for a half decent 'hard' bicycle case that doesn't cost the earth, doesn't weight too much and will actually protect a bike well as airplane baggage! Have suffered damage to parts in the past using a soft bag :mad: Has anyone seen these before or used one...
  4. Gone Riding

Sidi Toe Spikes...

Hey All, after riding the 2008 Otway Odyssey 'mudfest' and walking those slippery slopes out of Apollo Bay I was considering a set of toes spikes for my Sidi Eagle 5 shoes this year if it's wet. A couple of questions if any one can help: - The Sidi's are not great on steep dry rocky sections...
  5. Gone Riding

WTB: Bike Case (Hard)

Looking to purchase a 'hard' bike case for plane travels next year... Willing to pay reasonable $$$ for a quality case. Condition doesn't matter too much as long as it's structurally sound. Anyone?
  6. Gone Riding

Work Stands?

I'm keen to get a work stand for the XC bike but not so keen on spending in excess of $200 for what seems the base models. Rather be spending the $$$ on the bike! Have seen this one at $170 (about $200 delivered), reviews sound good. Anyone here used it...
  7. Gone Riding

Hard Bike Case

Looking to buy a 'hard' bike case. Have travelled on planes with a soft bike bag before and ended up with some damage to the bike so won't be doing that again! Anyone got a hard bike case that they're looking to get rid of... doesn't matter if it's 'well travelled' and knocked around a bit...
  8. Gone Riding

XTR Brake Lever Engagement Adjustment?

Just fine tuning parts on the bike and have moved the XTR levers further inward on the bars for one finger braking (not sure why but I've always used two fingers)... Anyway, I'm finding that the point at which the lever engages the braking is too close to the bar. The pads are fine - not too...
  9. Gone Riding

XTR rear brake caliper 'clicking' noise?

Just noticed a 'clicking' almost 'tinging' like noise coming from the rear brake caliper when I pull the brake and get to the end of the lever stroke? Not sure when it started as it seemed fine last ride? I'm going to pull it apart tomorrow and place a couple of shims in the mounts to fix the...
  10. Gone Riding

Prolonging Drivetrain Life...

Not sure if this has been discussed in this forum before, but I did see a bike for sale where the owner was selling it with two chains... The idea being that the chains were regularly cleaned and swapped after 2-3 rides so that the chain wear/stretch was halved for each chain. If that was the...
  11. Gone Riding

Wanted: Medium Hardtail

SORRY - She's bought a bike - NO LONGER WANTED. Cheers anyway! Wanted: Medium size hardtail with: - Decent front suspension - Disc brakes - Doesn't have to be featherweight, but reasonably light preferred - Very good to excellent condition - Guys or girls is fine (bike is for a girl) - XC...
  12. Gone Riding

30.0mm seatpost for Ironhorse MKIII

Looking for a quality 2nd hand seatpost for a Ironhorse MKIII Comp. From what I've read, it's a 30.0mm post. Looking for a lightweight half decent post if anyone has one laying around. Have seen a few for sale but they've all been cut down - looking for full length, not cut down. PM me if you've...
  13. Gone Riding

30.0mm Seatpost for Ironhorse MKIII

Looking for a quality 2nd hand seatpost for a Ironhorse MKIII Comp. From what I've read, it's a 30.0mm post. Looking for a lightweight half decent post if anyone has one laying around. Have seen a few for sale but they've all been cut down - looking for full length, not cut down. PM me if you've...