Search results

1. G

Podium Lights

Anyone else have feedback on these lights? they seem to be advertising in many of the bike mags but there is not much talk of them (from what i can find) online.
  2. G

All Mountain Wheelsets

Stans Arch rims, Hope Pro II Hubs and Comp spokes. Im 80Kg and riding a 2010 Gant Reign 0. No problems at all. Used to have Mavic Crossmark SX and they were nice & light but i dented the rims heaps so were not as good as the current wheelset which have no marks at all.
  3. G

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 36 What state do you live? Tas How long have you been riding? 5 yrs Whats styles of riding do you do? All Mountain/XC How often do you ride? 2-4 times a week Tell us about your bike/s? 2010 Giant Reign 0 Have you had any significant bike related injuries? knocked myself...
  4. G

Pain inhibitors while riding &/or racing?

i used to use nurofen plus but now use voltaren for most pains that are generated from riding. i also tend to get headaches after i ride sometimes (no matter how much water i drink) so i now drink electrolytes before, and after riding as well as approx 1ltr water per hour and it seems to be...
  5. G

Winter Riding Jackets

Kathmandu have a sale on at the moment. i bought a cycling jacket from there for $149 today. usual price $299. its made by Windstopper and is supposed to be windproof. http://www.kathmandu.com.au/ - check the catalogue. i agree with the comments about wearing layers. i wear thermal top...
  6. G

Best pre-ride cereal?

4 Weetbix, Cuppa tea, 1 banana and a pocket full of sultanas for the ride. if its a long ride ill also hit up a glass of electrolytes ... works a treat!
  7. G

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

what would people prefer to buy out of the AY-UPs Led or HID Technologies lights? im trying hard but cant decide on one of them... i like the look of both but the ayups look better built. i ride mostly xc / aggressive trail at night and want to be able to go just that little bit faster...
  8. G

Garmin Edge 305

kind of - i use motionbased.com - its free to sign up and easy to use.
  9. G

Garmin Edge 305

i have one and use it to map all my rides to google earth - you can save them as place marks and have them showing one at a time, or have them all showing at the same time to show you where you've been riding. Its also handy to send rides you have been on to mates.... rather than trying to...
  10. G

TASSIE NATS DH course update

headcam footage would be great?
  11. G

first crash on a new bike

got the new bike in the mail, put it together, fitted my new pedals - rode down the road to the intersection forgot i was clipped in and fell sideways onto my knee. scratched the forks and dented my pride! the guys nextdoor thought it was hilarious!!
  12. G

HELP! with bike choice

I would go the Giant Reign - great Value that will do all of the things your looking at doing with ease.....
  13. G

New Cross country Bike 5k budget

im looking at the Yeti 575 - what kind of price you looking at? i can get a demo for 4500 - i think this is a little hight for an ex demo 2006 model.... im not sure....
  14. G

Its become difficult

i ride all the time - im off tomorrow night and ill pump the tyres up and give it another go to see if it was a one off or if its the bike some how...
  15. G

Its become difficult

might get the hubs looked at. its not fitness as i ride these trails 3 or 4 times a week every week with no issues . . .. bottom bracket maybe?
  16. G

Its become difficult

Gday - im normally up the hill/track etc with no issues - a little out of breath or really stuffed.... went for a ride last night and i found that my bike was running really really slow... it was harder to get up the hills and slower on the downhill points too... can anyone please...
  17. G

Scott Nitrus 20 Vs Faith 2

im really leaning toward the scott - im buying on the 9th of jan when the shop reopens after the xmas break so i still have 7 days to decide!! so so hard to make the choice though...
  18. G

New DH Bike, Decisions, decisions

thanks for all the replys. i dont like the Kona bikes. they dont appeal to me at all. i like the Scott/Demo & Giant. thats my problem - IMO i think it comes down to just picking one..........
  19. G

Confused

i thought the other way around - i rode the Faith and felt it was a bit plasticy!
  20. G

Scott Nitrus 20 Vs Faith 2

Both bikes are coming in at a little under 3 grand for cash. The faith is $50.00 more but there is nothing in it. ive taken both bikes for a quick pavement ride and they both seem similar - the faith felt a little more plasticy than the scott.