Search results

1. Jaybies_Can_Crash

ACT found

Hey all, My fiancée is still running a front der (boo, hiss) and she's finding that 36 or whatever her big ring is a little larger than she needs. As a result, I'd like a relatively new 32t chainring that can shift, to fit her current model deore cranks. I thought there might be some floating...
  2. Jaybies_Can_Crash

ACT policing recovery from storage unit

I thought that people, especially from Canberra might be interested in this. Only a quick shot at 24 seconds, but if yours might be in there, get in contact with them! https://www.facebook.com/ACTPolicing/videos/523716231113231/
  3. Jaybies_Can_Crash

ACT Sold 2006 Giant Alias Small with Revelations $450

Item: 2006 Giant Alias, Small Location: Canberra, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: In very good condition, ridden by a fairly timid, fairly light lady since 2007. Reason for selling: Moving overseas Price and price conditions: $450, offers considered, urgent sale...
  4. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Sold Norco 416 DJ bike

Item: 2006 Norco 416 Location: Canberra, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: In very good condition, rarely ridden for most of its life (I never wanted to dig illegally and the local jumps only just got built, sad to see the bike go at this point). Forks very recently...
  5. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Sold 2006 Faith Medium, $200 with chainguide and saddle!

Item: 2006 Giant Faith 2, Medium Location: Canberra, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: In good condition, some shuttle scratches on the seatstay, shown in pictures. Cranks may be slightly bent, bb, headset and pivot bearings fine. Chainguide good and seat brand new...
  6. Jaybies_Can_Crash

2007 Giant Anthem 1 Medium Sold

Item: 2007 Giant Anthem 1 Medium (18") Location: Canberra, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: Wheels true, pivot bearings have never had a problem, bottom bracket was replaced (2011?) Spare bottom bracket available, but the current one feels fine. Cable rub marks on seat...
  7. Jaybies_Can_Crash

STOLEN Redline Mono 9, ACT

Bike: Redline Mono 9 29er hardtail medium Colour: Metallic black (with sparkly finish) Date it was stolen: 08 May 2012 Where it was stolen: Carport in Kingston, ACT Specs: Fork: Manitou minute MRD white Cranks: XT Deraillers: XT Brakes and levers: XT Shifters: XTR Pedals: Shimano SPD...
  8. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Manitou Travis Springs found

Item: Soft springs for Manitou Travis Triple Intrinsic 203mm 2008. Location: Canberra Price range/Willing to Pay: $40 Extra Info: Happy with local or posted to me, I'll pay postage. Found!
  9. Jaybies_Can_Crash

STOLEN Canberra Scott Genius 40

Frame: Genius MC concept 40 (06) Headset: FSA 9 alloy Shifters: Shimano LX 585 Dual Control Brake Levers: Shimano LX Disc Brakes: Shimano LX Disc 180 mm front and 160 mm rear rotor Crankset: Shimano FC-M 540 Hollowtech 22x32x44 T Pedals: (not stock) Shimano PD-M520 SPD Saddle: (not stock)...
  10. Jaybies_Can_Crash

sold Marzocchi 66 VF2 2006 (170mm)

Item: 2006 Marzocchi 66 VF2 (170mm) Location: Watson ACT Item Condition: Very good, rebound adjust knob missing (see below), one missing dust cap for air preload (i have always just taped over this, no problem with the valve, I'm sure they're pretty cheap if you need one), few minor scratches...
  11. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Bar width and road law

Hi all, I just thought that I would let any south australians know that bars over 700mm are illegal on the road (both from a getting fined perspective, which is unlikely, but also from an insurance perspective if you are involved in an accident). This is likely to affect most DH riders as...
  12. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Manitou Travis Triple 08 - ineffective rebound adjuster

Hi all, I recently bought a pair of manitou travis triple 08 off crc. Upon fitting them I have discovered that the rebound adjustment basically is not working, though occasionally the circuit will engage, which would probably be a terminal OTB for me if i was riding it. There is also a click...
  13. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Sick Mick and Tracey Moseley take sea otter

Sea otter DH: Mick Hannah over Greg Minnaar by 0.06sec Tracey Moseley top of women, 1 second over Melissa Buhl. They were 13 seconds back on Mick and Greg... Faster than 2/3 of the men and only a second back on Mitch Delfs... Men...
  14. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Dual slalom at Sea Otter - Sam Hill ftw

http://www.seaotterclassic.com/pdf/results/2009/DS101.pdf Sam first, Rando in third, Mick in fifth. Pretty impressed with Kyle Strait in 7th too.
  15. Jaybies_Can_Crash

XC around thredbo area

Hi all, I am planning on going up to Thredbo for some DH in a couple of weeks. My girlfriend and another friend are planning on coming to ride some xc stuff. Is there any available information on the single track in the area of Thredbo village/ how much is available? The information on the...
  16. Jaybies_Can_Crash

DH Results, oceania champs

Hi all, I don't think this has been posted yet... Go Gravey! http://www.thredbomountainbiketours.com.au/Event Results/Oceanias/ResultsDhThrOceanMar09.pdf Graves 6:13.65 Masters 6:18.81 Button 6:19.44 Corey 6:19.57 Rennie 6:19.81
  17. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Looking to ride T'rule

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone is up for a ride at Thirroul downhill tomorrow morning. I am up from Canberra for the weekend and staying in Austinmer. My impression is that the track must be very nearby, as I have seen people getting shuttles. PM me or reply to this thread if you are...
  18. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Suss demo 9 on all classifieds

Hi all, there is a 2005 demo9 on all classifieds (as below) for $1300 with 07 fox 40's, 08 codes, mavic 729's, sram x9 drivetrain, e.13, the works. Price seems waay too low. Just thought I'd put it out there. If it is legit and the seller reads this, my apologies and take it as a bump...
  19. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Ben Corey is f'n rock hard

Hi all, it seems that if you want to be as fast as Ben at DH, you have to be really hardcore: http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hack/notes/s2212236.htm This is Ben getting artistically scarred with a scalpel for 2 hours from Triple J.
  20. Jaybies_Can_Crash

Another BC practise and 4x thread

Hey all, Here are a few pictures from Saturday at the Brindabella Challenge DH Practise and 4x. A bit dodgey, but some are okay. a couple of notes: img_0914 shows the large stepdown near where the old pallet drop was. This was closed on the day, but impressive nonetheless. Clare is...