Search results

1. cdfeto

Best chain to match stainless Surly chainring and cog

What's the best chain to match a Surly stainless chainring? The web-site recommends a 5-8 speed chain, thought? Thank Chris
  2. cdfeto

Tapered headset to use with tapered frame, but standard forks

I am looking at getting a new Chameleon frame, which now runs a tapered headtube headset setup (ZS44/EC49 mixed tapered) and would like to swap all my components straight over - including my standard 1 1/8 straight steerer tube Fox forks. So my question is: is there a headset out there...
  3. cdfeto

Steel singlespeed all-mountain frame

Hi guys, I have just found a nice big crack on my Santa Cruz Chameleon so I am due for a new frame. This is the second aluminium frame I have cracked so I am now set on steel. So I am after recommendations for a new frame, with the following requirements: - made out of steel -...
  4. cdfeto

Disc brakes for heavy all moutain use

Hi, I am after some brakes for my new build: Santa Cruz Chameleon, the bike will be single speed and used for a fast flowing tracks, I'm 75kg. So far I have three sets to chose from, that I can get for the same price: - Louise BAT with 203/180mm rotors - XT with braided lines and 180/160mm...
  5. cdfeto

Braking Problems

My Mazda 323 Astina 94', equiped with ABS, isnt braking evenly. The right rear caliper isnt braking nearly as much as the left rear one. Not too sure what the readings are measured in but RR is 100 and LR is 164. I was told it might be the proportioning valve, but after reading a bit about...
  6. cdfeto

Bike Advice

Hey fellas, looking at buying a road bike to get some kms down this summer ... I dont want any road bike though, I like my bikes to be unique, reliable and on the cheaper side. I currently ride my fixed gear to work (60k/day) and on the weekend rides (60-120k/day) and I think it's time i got...
  7. cdfeto

New PC

ok I've had enough with the old muck around computers and it's time to move on, so I'm after a new PC. Desktop or laptop, still not sure, all I am really certain on at the moment is that I want something fast and up to date. I'm not a gamer, so graphics/video card isnt a biggy, I cant say...
  8. cdfeto

PC/Monitor Dilema

I was rebuilding my PC up and had it running on the ground all wired up and it was sweet, so i assemble everything back in the case and plugged everything back up, only to find that when i turn the PC on, the monitor doesnt switch on. Yes, monitor is well plugged in (PC, and power) - it's...
  9. cdfeto

Internet/Network

I am trying to get my computer connected to the internet via my brothers computer, or modem. He uses a "normal" usb connection to the modem. We have a Ethernet cable to join the two PC, and i have, in the past, used "his" internet through that link. I have tried to setup numerous connection...
  10. cdfeto

Campag' rims

I got my hands on a set of wheels which use Campagnolo Gamma rims, they look alright: the finish isnt too dull and the braking surface is still in good shape. I did a bit of research but didnt find much ... what are they like? What era'? What quality? any info would be much appreciated. cheers
  11. cdfeto

Braze-on?

Just wondering if the dropouts on my old Morrison Monark have been brazed on ... I cant see any trace of weld. cheers
  12. cdfeto

Legnano

I got offered this Legnano track frame: It's pretty rusty but nothing major/structural. BB threads seem fine. I can get it for 350 bucks. Any info on the brand general, any advice or experiences would be awesome. The serial number (at the top of the seat tube) is: EBS433
  13. cdfeto

Open Sports

What are Mavic Open Sports like? I've herd they are replacing the Open Pros, but they seem to be a bit of a down-grade: cheaper, heavier, pinned. What are your thoughts/experiences?
  14. cdfeto

Fixed wheel

Im contemplating building up a proper wheel for my fixed road bike, I've been looking around the net for cheap track hubs and i've come across quite a few: Velocity, Surly, Halo, Suzue, just the name a few, they all seem pretty similar a part from some minor aesthetic details. Are there any...
  15. cdfeto

Rigida DP 18

What are your thoughts about the Rigida DP 18 rims, i would be using them on a fixed gear bike, i need something that can wisthand a fair bit of abuse, at least gutter hoping and the alike. Not too worried about weight.
  16. cdfeto

Hubs

Is there a way of telling whether a hub has is a freehub or a freewheel type without taking the cassette off?
  17. cdfeto

Bar Tape

What are you thoughts or/and experiences with leather bar tape (Brooks stuff in particular)? Does bar tape usually re-stick after being removed or changed over to another set of bars?
  18. cdfeto

Car dilemma - oil/filter change

I am trying to change the oil and filter on a 98' Land Rover Freelander ... it's all pretty hard to reach and access, i thought i had found the drain plug (so i unscrewed it and oil came out ...) but after trying to get the bloody filter off, i noticed another bolt that looks like a drain plug...
  19. cdfeto

Odsy Linear cables - colors

All the colors, on the Dans site at least, dont really fit their names: burnt orange looks pink, pale yellow looks green, army green looks purple; can anyone who owns or has seen these colors IRL tell me if the pictures are fairly accurate.
  20. cdfeto

Clipless Pedals

In the market for new pedals, currently have a set of Look ones but im not too impressed by their performance. Been looking at some Shimanos, basic range: along the line of 105s. After some recommendations for a reliable pedal, nothing too fancy, at a reasonable price.