Search results

1. Big JD

Yarra Trails regulars

Stay off the trails till they dry out. Its pretty common knowledge/ sense. We had a month's worth of rain in one day.
  2. Big JD

New geometry and consequences for bike fit

Absolutely agree mate. One thing though- I would like to see ETT and stack height compensated with the steep and slack new geo. My feeling of cramped was mainly the steep seat angle perching me up higher and the massive drop to bars. A setback post helped me get my legs in a better pedaling...
  3. Big JD

got one in purple coming my way. If it doesnt work- I will sell it to you lot and retire
  4. Big JD

Newly Released Bikes General

I dont think this one is all about me. I have other threads for that!!!!!
  5. Big JD

my wife and home deposit will kill me.
  6. Big JD

I have traded the Ripley in on an Xxl Tallboy. It will have similar geo but is longer all round- stack, ETT, reach. If I’m honest I’m not a fan that everyone has jumped on the slack HA and steep SA without consideration in longer ETT and stack height. The angle changes eat into the fit for...
  7. Big JD

You too. There can’t be too many gentle giants in the community
  8. Big JD

The best possible outcome for me. I have traded in the Ripley for an XXL Santa Cruz Tallboy ( when they are released). I can’t thank Summit Cycles Melbourne enough for sorting me out. Contact them for an XL Ripley at reduced cost with full warranty. Try doing that with an online company!!!!
  9. Big JD

Thanks buddy- you aint giving away your number one pick cause the SCHT was No 2!!!!!!!
  10. Big JD

Have you found something that could work for me too AC?
  11. Big JD

SCHTower has 30mm longer stack and 15mm longer reach but steeper STA and slacker HTA than Ripley which would negate the 1/2 inch longer ETT. New Tallboy 4 will be the same as Ripley. Yeti and Santa Cruz are very similar. I get it for the hard charging chunk riders but what about the 90% of us...
  12. Big JD

I ordered a 9point8 fall line dropper from Canada. Not surprised it arrived 2 days earlier than a guitar pedal from ACT which I ordered at the same time. Anyway, this dropper has a 25mm setback head and from initial carpark ride it feels better. My long legs are in a better position for the...
  13. Big JD

It seems the only XXL 29er XC trail bikes around are Santa Cruz or a Rocky Mountain Element XC race whippet (which I just sold....... what a flog). The new XXL SC Tallboy 4 is coming out with identical geo to the Ripley with only a 10-15mm difference in length (ETT/reach/seat tube). The current...
  14. Big JD

surely an xc/trail/ all rounder shouldnt be based on the Enduro rigs....................................... just saying- we arent all charging rock gardens and timed 20 minute descents.
  15. Big JD

Look forward to it mate. Im not too concerned about it. Will try the setback post and if it doesnt fell right- I will sell it and probably get another Highball/ Chameleon. Looking at exotic german alloy frames but its just a bike.
  16. Big JD

VIC Yarra Trails, Yarra Flats Area & Banksia to Bonds Rd Single Track

this section is the best it has been in 6 years. Thanks for all the work done through here
  17. Big JD

VIC Yarra Trails - Candlebark Park (Hans)

Hi RB, I reckon you would get more volunteers if you could work on something alittle sexier. I realise the general maintenance is required but it would be great to offer something new in Candlebark. What about a flow trail down the power lines or over the back in the paddock that goes down...
  18. Big JD

on the Ripley??? they are Light Bicycle or Nextie (cant remember) and they are great