Search results

1. R

More fuel for the 'Core Training' Fire - Nino Schurter training video

After completing my MTB coaching course over the weekend through MTBA where there was a Strength & Conditioning module which talked specifically about core training, it's importance for effective power production and training it using unstable surfaces, they then went on to show a video Nino...
  2. R

Orbea Rallon X Team

Anyone got any experience or feedback on the Orbea Rallon X Team bike? Components look spot on, just not sure about Orbea's experience in the MTB field and the frames suspension design/performance/durability. http://www.orbea.com/au-en/bicycles/rallon-xteam/
  3. R

What clipless pedals for first timers?

Ok, so I've just ordered my first xc/trail bike and have a flash new Santa Cruz Blur TRc on the way. I've only ever ridden downhill or dirt jumps so never used clipless. What clipless pedals would people recommend for a beginner? Do some suit better than others? I'm looking for...
  4. R

KWT Maxxis Sunshine Series Rd 4 - Kenilworth 3rd July

Thought a thread would have been started before now about this round given it is just over a week away. So am just wondering what is going on. Is this round still on next weekend 2nd/3rd July? If so, when is registration going to be open and where? What is the deal for the weekend with...
  5. R

ALine to Oriental Express to lower Canadian Open

Here's something to get everyone who hasn't been to Whistler before even keener to go and for the other lucky ones who have been before, get them even keener for the park to open again this year. One of the funnest runs on the mountain! ALine - Ninja Cougar - Karate Monkey - Samurai Pizza...
  6. R

FAIL w/pic: Answer Direct Mount DH Stem w/pics

So as you can tell from the title and from the pic below my Answer Direct Mount DH stem failed pretty seriously. It failed on landing a fairly sizeable jump. Now I can't say 100% whether it's failure caused me to crash or my crash caused it's failure (although I'm pretty sure a stem couldn't...
  7. R

2010 Fox40 brake adaptor for 8" saint brakes... confused!

hey, ok, so what adaptor do I need to run saint brakes with 8" rotor on 2010 fox40's??? I thought it would just be the standard IS 8" adaptor but have read a couple of places on the net that say you need to run a 6" adaptor on the 40's to run a 8" rotor. Can anyone clear this up...
  8. R

Answer DH Direct Mount Stem with Fox40's??

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48943 Hey guys, can anyone tell me if this stem is compatible with 2010 fox 40's?? cheers.
  9. R

My new planned Whistler rig

Frame: 2010 Santa Cruz V10 w/ Fox Rc4 shock Fork: 2010 Fox 40 Wheels: Front - Hope ProII laced to 721's (ordered); Rear - DT Swiss 340 laced to 721, 12-23 Ultegra road cassette (Ordered) Cranks: 2010 Saint with 36t blackspire ring (ordered) Brakes: 2010 Saint (ordered) Derailler: 2010 Saint...
  10. R

Banshee Warranty claim - How to contact XXIV imports / Pixsoul / Ken

Hi, I purchased a new Banshee Scythe frame from Ken last year which I've now cracked over here in whistler. I've misplaced my receipt which I need to get warranty so need to get in contact with Ken (Pixsoul) at XXIV imports. Does anyone know a personal email address they could PM me so I...
  11. R

URGENT!! New Computer & New USB drive problem!!

Hi Guys, I didn't post this in the Mac thread as I don't think it is specifically a Mac question and I need it answered ASAP. To try and make a long story short, bought a new Macbook just the other day off the apple website. Also bought a 16gb 'Mac compatible' usb stick from Harvey Norman...
  12. R

My first 8 inches in the rear : o (Banshee Scythe)

**** Built up today. Better photos in daylight tomorrow**** Well I'm heading back over to Whistler but this time for the season to work and ride so I thought it was time to finally upgrade from the hardtail. As Whistler has just about every type of riding you could think of I didn't want...
  13. R

Banshee Scythe shock length

Hey, I'm building up a Scythe at the moment and am wanting to run a Vivid 5.1. The Banshee web states that the required shock length for this bike is 8.875 x 2.75 and I've seen people running Vivid shocks but the Rock Shox website and other sites selling Vivid's states that the Vivid's come...
  14. R

A Year in the Making - Dirtclowns Whistler Trip 2007

Below is the link to the vid of our trip to whistler (a.k.a Heaven) in 2007. A group of 5 of us from the Dirtclowns up here in Rockvegas headed across for about 3 weeks. The vid is about 200mb (High Res version is 8gb!!!) and running time is approx 30mins. It is a big download but from what I...
  15. R

Baby got the Blues

Oh boy... I was trying to post a simple reply to this thread and accidently wiped the original post.:o :o I am truly a dick:o :o Sorry rquared, but you'll have to post it up again :o :o Bloody nice bike though :o :o
  16. R

Shadow Conspiracy Seat

Does anyone know the spacing of the rails on the Shadow Conspiracy Penumbra Slim seats? I know it has 8mm rails but not sure of the distance between the rails and whether I will need a special seat post http://www.strictlybmx.com/categories.asp?cID=2&c=183245 I'm looking at getting the...
  17. R

Call out to any Mount Isa riders

Hey guys, just moved from brissy to Mount Isa a couple of months ago and I have seen a couple of nice bikes around but haven't met any riders as yet. Just wondering if there are any farkin guys from Mount Isa. If so let us know and could hook up for a ride sometime whether it be BMX...
  18. R

Whats the value of my fork?

Hi everyone, Just wondering what you reckon I could get for my set of 2003 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper II's 20mm QR in good/excellent condition. 300-350? Higher? Lower? Cheers
  19. R

Manitou Sherman Firefly + (2005) (20mm axle)

Hi, What: 2005 single crown Manitou sherman firefly + (20mm axle) (6inch travel) Price range/Willing to Pay: $600 max for a basically brand new pair Location: Mount Isa Extra Info: If they are basically brand new then I will be willing to pay up to $600. Anything else and price will...
  20. R

Where to get Shure E2c headphones from??

Howdy, I have just got a new iRiver H320 (very sweet) and now all I need is a set of decent earphones. I have read on here before about people having Shure E2c headphones and am just wondering if they are any good and where I could get them from. ps. Don't have a little bitch about not...