Search results

1. Calvin M

RC4 oil weight?

Ok about to do a first service on a RC4 and wanting to know if they run 5 or 10 weight oil. It is the first gen of RC4. Thanks for the info.
  2. Calvin M

Leatt body armour

Anyone worn the leatt body vest light. Was it any good did it work well with the neck brace how was the fit was the sizing charts correct? Cheers for any info.
  3. Calvin M

XM819 ust rim for DH

Anyone ran a xm819 on the front of a DH bike. Looking for a lighter ust opption to a 823
  4. Calvin M

2011 Boxxer WC on Yeti 303 RDH 17.2kg

2009 Yeti 303 RDH had it a few months now but just got the new forks on and have it almost how I want it. Got the frame from Glen at Bike Edge Wodonga. Will go to a 823 on rear and UST tyres when the current ones wear out. Got lucky with the 2011 Boxxers havent seen any others around yet...
  5. Calvin M

Weight of 40s and 2010 Boxxers

Ok has anyone put there new 2011 Fox 40s (or 2010) on the scales or 2010 Boxxer WC. Don't care what anyone thinks of each fork just want to know the correct weight of each fork. Have seen the weight on each manufactures site but know this is not always correct.
  6. Calvin M

Are XT levers compatable with saint calipers?

Will the current xt lever (master cylinder) work with a current saint caliper. Everthing looks the same and will hook up no problems but are the internals of the xt lever the same as saint. Same pressure/volume output etc.
  7. Calvin M

Do old fools train?

Do most of you that race DH or XC train. Gym work or make your self go for XC rides etc. Or is your only training when you ride for fun. And if you do train has it helped your results in racing. Just interested to see what other vets do as half way thought this last DH summer I started...
  8. Calvin M

Yeti rail lube

Now the owner of a 303RDH and love it but what lube do you run on your rail. Have been told a couple of different ones but interested to see what works for most Yeti riders.
  9. Calvin M

Mt Baw Baw

Is there online entry for Mt Baw Baw this weekend like they had for Beauty? Was good easy as.
  10. Calvin M

Orange 224

2007 Orange 224 small 07 BoXXer world cups DHX5 Ti spring XT Brakes 8" front 7" rear Race Face Atlas bars 1/2" rise 740mm wide Straitline stem Saint cranks 165mm E Thirteen LG1+ EX721 on Hadley front EX721 on Hope Pro2 rear XO with X9 shifter SDG micro I beam SDG saddle Got frame...
  11. Calvin M

Broken retaining spring in 08 WC boxxer.

Doing a major service on my forks tonight and when pulling the shaft out of the bottom of the air leg found the waved spring washer to be broken in two. Anyone see a problem with leaving it out? It looks like it has been broken for some time. I can only see that it may be a little nosie when...
  12. Calvin M

Is that Nato in this picture?

Shore looks like him having a good time in the sram stickers. Check out the Whistler wind tunnel story on the dirt site.
  13. Calvin M

Compression ajuster on 08 pike 426

Can the handle bar cable set up be remove and a normal ajuster be fitted to make it like a boxxer. Or can you just remove the spring in the ajuster that returns it back to zero. Want to make it same a boxxer, dont need to ajust on the fly but want to give it some more low speed compression.
  14. Calvin M

DH in Bowen QLD

Is there any down hill or AM riding in the Bowen area. Know there is around Mackay and Townsville. Or even XC? Any info would be very helpfull.
  15. Calvin M

721 Erd

Whats the ERD of a 721 cant find it on the mavic site.
  16. Calvin M

Boxxer flood gate (HSC) how does it work.

Ok I have taken the HSC piston out of my 07 WC,s and like the feel but am yet to ride. My question for people who have had boxxers apart is how does it adjust? I can see how the shims on the piston work but cant figure out how it all adjust. The only thing that happens when you wind the flood...
  17. Calvin M

Morewood vs Orange

Morewood DH frame vs Orange 224 frame For raceing will have Boxxers up front. Pros/Cons? Or are they that close to each other the ride is the same.
  18. Calvin M

Baw Baw race track info

What is this track like? How does it compare to International, Barjarg or Yack. Whats the shuttle like. Trying to deside which state rounds to ride and if the 5hr drive is worth it. Also how long does it take to get from Lilydale to Baw Baw.
  19. Calvin M

Yackandandah Results

Results are up on club site hope you all had fun. http://www.beechworthchaingang.com/ Well done to some of the locals. Michael, Ryan, Tom, Katelyn and some old guy in the wrong class. Big thanks to the muppet that drove a tropey to the top of the hill and left it just so they could get...
  20. Calvin M

Parts for Sram x.9 rear mech

Have broken the inner jockey wheel arm on my 07 micro cage x.9, can you buy spare parts for them and if so where. Or would the price of a arm be to much and make it not worth fixing.