Search results

1. Pebble

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I was thinking if you ride a hardtail you will lose weight?
  2. Pebble

Lets talk about... Private Health Insurance.

Even if your obstetrician is there my experience was that the midwives do most of the work anyway. Obviously it's different for a caesarian.
  3. Pebble

Lets talk about... Private Health Insurance.

WA, St John Ambulance cover, $113 / year (for a family of 4). We definitely take out ambulance cover each year. Used to have private health but never found much value in it, generally medicare covers around 50% anyway and private health covers most of the rest, then you still have gap...
  4. Pebble

How much is this frame worth......

5. Pebble

How much is this frame worth......

edited
  6. Pebble

Took it to the bike shop for gear adjustment and some new brakes. Decided I would ride there then walk the 6km home....got blisters on my heels...walking sucks haha... (or maybe I should have worn sneakers instead of steelcap work boots....you'd think workboots were made for walking?) Anyway...
  7. Pebble

Australian commencal dealers

Have you asked Johnny Sprockets? He seems to do some custom builds. Edit: lol just realised that I replied to an ancient post. Oh well.
  8. Pebble

I washed it and degreased the drivetrain (also my sons bike). Thinking of taking them into the LBS for gear adjustment, and maybe cable replacement because I've had a go and can't get it right. I was considering replacing brakes on mine (as LBS recommended they could sell me some Shimanos to...
  9. Pebble

Flipped all the bikes back upright and pumped up the tyres that went flat after the last ride. Guess it must be time to add some fresh slime to the tubes to keep sealing all those thousands of goats heads holes they're full of. Thinking about taking the kids for a ride tomorrow.
  10. Pebble

The pet thread, post em up!

This is when they were kittens 15 months ago, funny photo....crashed!
  11. Pebble

Sons bike has Altus / Acera gearing on it (8spd), tried to adjust it today and I so love my sram gearing and not having a FD either! Couldn't get his gears to work well enough, probably just me though guess I'll have to take it to the LBS. Ahhhh would be nicer to upgrade it to sram 9spd stuff...
  12. Pebble

Rode the kids bikes yesterday to check what sort of condition they were in. First I rode my Sons bike, Giant Talon 4. I only grabbed half of my bike tool so I didn't have a screwdriver with me and had to listen to the FD rubbing for the whole 15km round trip to the post office. Arrrgh on my...
  13. Pebble

26" forks or bike upgrade?

I'm a convert, having ridden mostly Rockshox forks (Tora, Pike, Domain), ended up buying a Manitou Marvel Comp to upgrade my current bike from the Dart it came with (why you would spec such a fork on a carbon frame...anyway). Love the Manitou.....I don't think I could have got a better Rock Shox...
  14. Pebble

Bike Xmas presents

I haven't done much night riding apart from rides to work when I had to do 5am starts. If you only have the one light I would opt for mounting it on your helmet. I have the crappiest night vision so even for easy stuff my LED Lenser M7R on the helmet was great, although I could still manage to...
  15. Pebble

Whisky!

Don't normally drink it, brought a bottle of Jack Daniels no7 (because it came with the glasses....similar to one hubby had that the kids broke). Anyway don't like it much myself (particularly with pepsi...tastes harsh)...should have got the Johnny Walker Black like I was thinking of. I'm not...
  16. Pebble

Moved house the week before Xmas so today it was time to check out the local XC trail that goes along the river. Was a bit hard for my daughter (quite a few stop and push sections) but she still enjoyed it with no complaining...hehe except the scream when she nearly ran over a bobtail.
  17. Pebble

The QUICK question thread.....

Sorry for the late reply, I think I will take your advice.
  18. Pebble

The QUICK question thread.....

When my bike sits outside in the sun for a while (like maybe half hour on a 30odd degree day) the front brake doesn't work. Avid juicy 3, bike is a couple of years old not ridden a heap. Rear brake works fine. Issue is that when I jump back on the bike (say I've been in a shop or something)...
  19. Pebble

Sunday ride with the kids, about 5.5km from home along roadside dirt trails and to the superpit lookout. Back home via the bitumen though I don't think daughter would have appreciated going home the same way haha. Feels good to go for a decent ride. .
  20. Pebble

Finally a quick ride with my boy (small hill not far from our house), but I feel old~ That rocky singletrack we took down the hill was kind of scary and I don't think I could have beat my about 3 months shy of 14yr old son up the hill if I tried! Sorry for the large pic...