Search results

1. Matty_P

Rider etiquette sticky?

I'm astounded anyone rides uphill on dedicated downhill (and presumably one way) DH trails? I'm similarly astounded someone rides dual direction trails and doesn't ride accordingly. What Oddjob said too ...
  2. Matty_P

Rider etiquette sticky?

It hasn't always been one way... Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  3. Matty_P

Rider etiquette sticky?

Have always ridden that it's harder to restart going up than going down, and consequently those going down give way to those going up. I'm also one of those weirdos who likes climbing. Though I don't climb Cressy's anymore.
  4. Matty_P

Rider etiquette sticky?

Rode You Yangs last weekend & interacted with a number of riders seemingly annoyed with having to share trails. We were riding uphill (trails 4 & 14 specifically), and they appeared irritated to move/share, let alone even stopping to give way to us. We came across a lot more riders who were...
  5. Matty_P

Moab & Crested Butte

Moab slickrock is fun. Challenging fun. Sep 2016. Climbed nearly 1000m in just under 16km with no flat bits whatsoever. Either up or down. Superb grip.
  6. Matty_P

VIC 26 inch wheel set

Gents, I have a pair of WTB Speed Disc rims, eyeletted, 32H with Shimano M475 disc hubs with black stainless steel spokes. They were originally fitted to my 2007 Jamis Dragon. They've had a wonderful life but a looking for a new owner. $80. Message me if you're interested. I'm in Altona Meadows...
  7. Matty_P

Bell Super helmet

Bell Super for $89
  8. Matty_P

9sp chain on 6sp chainring?

I put a 9 speed Shimano chain on my son's 20" 6 speed mtb with no problems.
  9. Matty_P

Balance bikes for kids

I got a JD bug run bike which has lasted through two boys. It's still fine & sitting in the shed waiting for my 1yo daughter to get big enough to start using it. They're a great way for the kids to start to get used to balance, without worrying about pedals. My eldest about 4 years ago...
  10. Matty_P

Baby comes first....

Congrats on the new arrival! In my experience it's all about time management. I have 3 kids - 7yo & 4yo boys and a 6mo girl. I need to balance the kids needs with my wife's & my own. You'll find your balance, eventually. All I can encourage is to get the kids sleeping by themselves, in...
  11. Matty_P

I know every dad thinks so...

Good stuff. My 2 boys (7yo & 3yo) have learnt on run bikes. Both now riding fine & the eldest is now on his 3rd bike. The youngest though has been quicker to take to pedals than his older brother. Both riding simpler parts of local skate park & jumps track. My eldest is pestering me about...
  12. Matty_P

what is the longest single track decent in victoria?

It may be possible to ride completely off road from the back of Mt Mckay (at Falls Creek) down into Mt Beauty. I've done it from McKay to Bogong, but not the whole way.
  13. Matty_P

L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

And 8:30pm on SBS2.
  14. Matty_P

Ride2School Day.

Rode with my 6yo last week. He has a Giant 150 as well & it goes a treat - the prior weekend had him testing it out around Forrest's singletrack. Hoping to ride to school with him tomorrow too.
  15. Matty_P

Gamin connect substitute

I like it better than GC. You can zoom in & follow your ride in playback. You can also select a start & end point within a ride from the elevation graph & the software will then display all the stats for the selected distance. Very cool.
  16. Matty_P

Gamin connect substitute

ridewithgps Show's grade too unlike Garmin Connect.
  17. Matty_P

"All-day" road bikes

Not sure where you're located, but a 2009 Kona Kapu can be had from here or here for close to $2.5k. (I got mine for less a bit over 12 months ago). Goes great for me on long rides & lots of Ultegra.
  18. Matty_P

Baby on the way.

Hence that's why I said 'my experience'. I can appreciate that any mum can provide their experience, I was commenting on mine as a Dad.
  19. Matty_P

Baby on the way.

Be there for the birth so you can understand that no race/ride will ever be as tough as childbirth. That's my experience with what my wife went through delivering our two gorgeous sons....
  20. Matty_P

You Yangs MTB Park

So no more 20% plus to climb up?? Sad .... not! Looking forward to the new climb.