Search results

1. rockydog

Junior Skate Park design ideas needed

I probably should be clearer about the question. I'm not the designer, but I will be putting a brief to the contractor for what we want. Not so much about design as what to include, or what to ask for. We've got money and a site, I'm looking for suggestions on how to spend it.
  2. rockydog

How bout this then; What specific features got you interested in riding concrete? eg. bowls/ ramps/ street elements????????????????????????????????????????????????? I had one bite me on the scaphoid, I hate the things. Presumably there are people on here with opinions....spill em!
  3. rockydog

Looking for a bit of help on how to design a skate park. <Deleted see below>
  4. rockydog

STOLEN Black Diamondback cromo -Blue Mtns NSW

Bike: Diamonback Apex. Rigid; commuter. Large. Colour: Black. Has a red craze up close. Date it was stolen: Early July 09 Where it was stolen: Katoomba; private house Specs: Rigid, rim brake, shimano running gear, GT stem Other Discriptions: Large black cromo frame. Say's diamondback on...
  5. rockydog

Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

As in megalong- coxes ST return, or as in Jenolan to Megalong? If the former, I'd be keen.
  6. rockydog

I might take some shears out there one day...there are also some nice bits on radiata which need a little attention. There is potenially a great (and local!) ride through these areas. Put me down for the St Helena clean up, to...depending on the day.
  7. rockydog

Shiyte, childcare duties have reared. So either a late start or another day. Soz.
  8. rockydog

blackheath-medlow-katoomba Thursday, sure why not. I'll probably be SSing, but it would be fine on a bigger bike...some silliness available. Can tailor the route a little. One small warning...may be overgrown sections. Scratches possible.
  9. rockydog

Hello folks...I'm back from the odd beyond, with more time on my hands than can possibly be healthy, so I'll be keeping an eye out for rides. Certain person has been nagging me about Katoomba to Blackheath trails. So here is a ride proposal; WhenAny morning from this Thursday 16th to...
  10. rockydog

why you should run 4 sprocket bolts........ not 2:)

That's just wong, right?:p
  11. rockydog

What is this part?

I'm going to guess tuggnut/ chain tensioner. Will there be a prize?
  12. rockydog

Single Speed

or maybe in this one?:D
  13. rockydog

Monday no, Tuesday yo.
  14. rockydog

Sram XX

um..that article is pretty speculative. It's hard to have an opinion when we don't know what is being proposed.
  15. rockydog

Ride tomorrow

hi and welcome. Post this in the NSW 'watering hole' section; you're more likely to get some interest there.
  16. rockydog

Up the stairs at the end of the day, in the heat, is also a challenge. Oh, the cramping!!! oh...all right then :rolleyes: Meet at the primary school, say? sms me if you bail.
  17. rockydog

Riding 6' coxes Sorry about the title... yeah, I mean the bottom of the 6' track from megalong to the river and back. 12k's of sweet ST all up. You could also go to explorer's tree up to Katoomba if you want, but it's not legal so don't tell us about it! I might even join you on Sunday...
  18. rockydog

Camelback/Hydration packs...OUT OF FASHION??

For shorter rides, say sub 2 hours, I'm liking 2 bidon bottles and a seat bag for spares. Nice not having a sweaty backpack. But I'll have to look into the polystyrene cups with shocks and long straws. Especially if it's fasionable as you say...
  19. rockydog

It's funny how this thread has become, well, turgid. More talking about riding than organising rides! Honestly, Todd, are you tempted to change the title? Pretentious words are fine if you want...I don't know ...piquante riders? fecund riders? So on with the show.... Anybody up for...
  20. rockydog

The Sketchup thread...

Hey tomdh A thought on the frame design; The shock post things looks cool, but since they are so thin, there wouldn't be much lateral bracing. In real life you could imagine the top tube and bottom tube getting out of alignment when under cornering pressure, for example. I could be wrong...