Search results

1. Sumgy

Post your Roadie

Disc brakes on roadies are for pussies.
  2. Sumgy

29er weight weenie slander thread aka the big travel 29er thread

Still loving my Prime. Now with uncut 815 Funn Fatboy bars.
  3. Sumgy

Post your Roadie

Nothing kooky about Moots. I have already swapped the wheels for some White Industries hubs laced to H-Plus Son rims. Polished silver to polished silver with polished silver spokes.
  4. Sumgy

Post your Roadie

You may all remember that my Moots was totalled when I slammed into a triuck that failed to give way last year. Well I found another one a few weeks ago on Bike Exchange. It was going stupidly cheap ($2,500 for frame, fork, stem, seatpost and CK headset), so I grabbed it.
  5. Sumgy

WTB Chris King headset

Item: Chris King 1 and 1/8th headset (blue or pink) Location: Your place Item Condition: needs to be in good knick Price and price conditions: Let me know, but I can buy brand new for $140 so your price needs to be good. Extra Info: I like kittens and puppies Pictures: Please send me...
  6. Sumgy

ANyone have a cheap frame they want to offload?

:whistle: Ummmmm
  7. Sumgy

Yep, I have also asked if he could remove my soul with his welding iron. :tsk:
  8. Sumgy

As you may know, I broke my Blacksheep and it is now in James hands being repaired. However, this may be some time before I get her back and I am getting itchy for some SS'ing. So, I am looking for a cheap steel frame to keep me going. Anyone have a 25" ETT SS frame that they may like to sell...
  9. Sumgy

Post your 29er!

Huh?
  10. Sumgy

Post your Roadie

JD, I only like WTB Silverado's on my MTB. Weird because that is a flat shaped saddle vs the curved shape on the roadie.
  11. Sumgy

Post your Roadie

Bodin I agree that you could say that if I was wanting to make it original. But then again if I wanted to make it original I would also have used alloy 8 or maybe 9 speed instead of the carbon 10 speed that I did. This will be a daily rider and I will also race it. SMP is my favourite road...
  12. Sumgy

Post your Roadie

Size 58 Concorde Prelude frame and fork made of Columbus PRX (Paris Roubaix) tubing Cinelli stem Cinelli Campione Del Mondo bars Campagnolo C-Record headset Campagnolo 10 speed groupset Nitto S65 seatpost Arundel stainless cages Arundel Gekko bar taped Campagnolo silver 8/9/10 speed hubs laced...
  13. Sumgy

Ride pics

Woot woot!!! Go you Angry Bunny!!
  14. Sumgy

Again roady advice and guidance.

Don't know. Have not tried yet as I am sending it off to get some paint touched up. Why?
  15. Sumgy

OK, the Europa was one of their lower end models. From what I have just read was made of Ultech 4130 Cromo tubing.
  16. Sumgy

IF, it is a real Concorde it is most certainly not a POS. Doe the fork have pantographs in the top of it? Does it have an Italian flag brazed onto the TT? Is the rear brake bridge a V shape and also pantographed with the word Concorde? What does the top tube sticker and the Columbus sticker say...
  17. Sumgy

I would have thought that a 57cm would be too big for you to be honest. I am 187cm and ride a 58cm. Then again I would have thought a L/XL (19"?) MTB would have been too big for you too so what would I know.
  18. Sumgy

Yep, but marketing hype sells bikes. ;)
  19. Sumgy

I truly dont care if someone wants to put disc brakes on their bike. I have never felt I needed more brakes even in the wet. But if someone else does, good on them. My opinion is that thy are not needed if you ride to the conditions. That does not mean that everyone has to have the same...