Search results

1. Macr

Sticky clutch?

I have this issue when I stop pedalling. I get a clunk in the drivetrain. I am wondering if it may be the pawls not releasing instantaneously and the freewheel rolls the chain forward a little, pulling the derailleur forward. Then when the pawls disengage, the spring tension slams the derailleur...
  2. Macr

Vitus Sentier

Got my new bike a few days ago. Ordered from Wiggle, as postage was cheaper than from CRC. Took about 9 days to get here. Features: Frame: Sentier 27.5" hardtail, 6061 Alloy, Boost spacing Forks: Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 27.5", 140mm, Boost, 15x110mm, Kabolt axle, 44mm offset, RAIL damper, tapered...
  3. Macr

Looking for a trail bike

Some time in 2012, I would like to buy a 29er duallie trail bike. I would like some suggestions for bikes to look at. I have the Kona Satori in mind, but I am worried that it may be too, "All Mountain". I want a bike that has relaxed geometry that I can ride all day, but I can still race in the...
  4. Macr

Kona Satori Vs. Transition Two9

There are two new bikes coming out for next year, which tickle my fancy for a trail bike. The Transition Two9 and the Kona Satori. Both of these bikes fit the bill for what I am looking for in a bike. Over 100mm of travel, tapered steerer, 12mm thru axle rear, 15/20mm thru axle front and...
  5. Macr

Salsa Cycles Introduces The Horsethief: Sneak Peak!

Based on the Salsa Spearfish, the horsethief is a 120mm rear wheel travel with 142mm x 12mm Maxle. Looks interesting. Ticks a number of boxes, for what I want in a dual suspension set up.
  6. Macr

Marzocchi 44 TST2 Travel adjust

Has anyone changed the travel on their Marzocchi 44 TST2 forks? I have the 29er version and need to shorten the travel from 120mm to 100mm. I have the spacer and have read a thread on MTBR, but the last poster, says you only need to play with the air spring side of the fork. So can anyone...
  7. Macr

Are Avid CR's, ambidextrous brakes?

I am wondering, if I bought 2 rear brakes, could I cut the hose and add a new Compression fitting, to create a front brake (taking into account the need to bleed the system)? The web site, says the mount is ambidextrous, but I just want to make sure, that the calliper is, as well. The reason...
  8. Macr

Has anyone seen this Mick Hannah image on Rotorburn

If so, where have you seen it? A link would be great as I have been told it has been posted on here.
  9. Macr

2009 National Champs (Downhill)

A place to put your photos from the Downhill event of the 2009 National Champs. I'll update mine as I go. Sorry mods for repeating the Sam Hill Image. You can shut the other thread if you wish. *Note* I do not have a problem of people asking for images, but 99% of images are on the A-Line of...
  10. Macr

Sam Hill @ the Nats

A photo from the road gap today.
  11. Macr

Touring bikes

I am looking at building a touring bike. I will be on a reasonably tight budget, but have some questions. What would make a better touring bike? 26 or 29" wheels? Do you need to have rack mounts, or is there no need for the modern rack system Steel or Aluminium? Cannondale F600 (??) bikes...
  12. Macr

Chris Horner Gives Fallen Rider (and bike) a 2k Ride to the Finish

Just found this on the net. Kudos to Horner The leaders had already come through when a moto approached me and said, "Get your camera ready - one hell of a shot is coming your way" I readied. 30 seconds later, the form of a rider appeared up the road. Wait. A rider? Two riders? What...
  13. Macr

R2D2 DVD Projector

For the Star Wars fans. This is a pretty kewl concept R2D2 DVD Projector
  14. Macr

Truvativ Hammerschmidt

SRAM are running a new ad campaign and someone on MTB-OZ, found this little snippet of info . So is it an April fools joke in the making?
  15. Macr

GTO Longbow Bib knicks (did anyone buy a pair)

did anyone buy a pair of GTO Longbow Bib knicks from Bomb Squad Industries? I am interested in what you think of them? I bought a pair and they are too big. I was wondering if anyone else has that issue. I gave them my waist size as required and made them for someone with a bigger waist...
  16. Macr

Road rage in Sydney

Motorist questioned over road rage on cyclists A man is being questioned at Warwick Police station over a road rage incident in the northern Perth suburb of Iluka this morning. Witnesses have told police a P-plate motorist reversed into a group of cyclists after they questioned him for...
  17. Macr

Wanted: Image of a sprocket

Does anyone have a decent B&W (not grey scale) image of a sprocket that I could use? Preferably a scalable vector or something similar. Cheers
  18. Macr

Another new standard from Shimano (15mm Through Axle for XC)

So what are the collectives thoughts on the new 15mm through axle standard from Shimano/Fox?
  19. Macr

Ride in Support of Dominic Mason

Mods you may want to move this to a more appropriate spot if this one is incorrect I received this e-mail through the Newcastle cycling grape vine and maybe we can attract more cyclists, maybe from further afield and other Newcastle riders, that did not get this.
  20. Macr

Useful Bling

I just found this Bling ring, whilst stumbling around the net. Now you can be as flash as a rat with a gold tooth!