Search results

1. R

KeeWee/Manitou deal @ DhDirect

anyone wanna split the frame with me? i'm looking for new forks........i'm sure someone out there is looking for a sweet ht as well.....
  2. R

GST and customs

thanks mate...... big help since the package is being sent this thursday
  3. R

GST and customs

so i just wanted to be absolutely sure.......the camere is in excess of aud1500 when first purchased.......so if it gets taxed it will be quite a substantal amount....... so am i safe to say that if i insure it for the full cost but mark it as a gift it should pass thru customs withough...
  4. R

GST and customs

Hi has anyone ever brought in anything from over seas via courier? I know goods under $400 will pass thru tax free, but what if the item coming thru is a personal item such as a camera? not bought brand new? will i still get taxed for it? its a camera i got last yr but left it back home in...
  5. R

digital still camera....which one?

Hi all i'm in the market for a digital camera and have narrowed my choices down to these 2....... Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 Canon Powershot S1 IS now i know canon is one of the leaders when it comes to camera and optics, and their range of accesories are wider, but the S1 IS doesn't accept...
  6. R

Digital camera for $600-700

for pretty acurate prices of computer related stuff including phones cameras and almost anything electronic in singapore......try this webby www.hardwarezone.com.sg if what you want isn't listed the forums there are pretty helpful as well........
  7. R

04 saint/xt/xtr disc brake calipers

pm'ed you how i arrived at that price.......
  8. R

yeah the set of saints i was looking at with the xt levers work out to be about AUD360, brand new too! was just wondering if i should save the $40 and get the lighter XT ones instead.........
  9. R

quick question here......are there any differences in these 3 brake calipers besides the weight difference? what i know at the moment is they are all 2 piston, one-piece alloy calipers and look virtually the same........with the xtr one looking a bit slimmer, but the saint and xt models look...
  10. R

i was standing in the rain last nite......

the cat empire are excellent, had a chance to film a set they did at the Metro a while ago, before they got famous and they rocked the house.......their dancers were hot too......very........still dunno if the dancers were hires or actually part of their troupe though.......
  11. R

learning Trials

how many bike are you gonna get?! gonna get a XC bike after the trials? anyways theres a spot at the far end of the yarra opp of the docklands where there is plenty of flatland and a couple of progressive setps and blocks........will be spending my days there........
  12. R

learning Trials

been to those sites already.........its a whole different thing reading about something, then doing it and doing something with someone to spot your mistakes.......
  13. R

learning Trials

hey andrew... i'm surprised you remember my nick......anyways....... yeah i know the gimp is a tank to learn trials on, but i'm not trying to get into trials proper, i just wanna learn the basics, weight transfers, positioning and stuff.......
  14. R

learning Trials

ok being really shit at DJs i'm attributing that to my lack of bike handling skills.....so to help me with that i wanna learn some basic trials to help me become more at one with the bike........are there any riders here who are just venturing into trials? this whole forum seems to be choc full...
  15. R

Hursty this Sunday (11th Jan)

might pop on down....depends on how many show up......
  16. R

Beginner trails

hi all i'm looking for some easy xc trails easily accisible by train......i'll be riding single speed and will be bringing some girls who are virgin xc'ers......any suggestions??
  17. R

Shiver SC questions...

almost exactly half...........Shivers is ard 1500 and the dorados are ard 2900......just rough figures.......... and yes i've also been looking at the shermans.........sounds like good value for money also........ti springs in the 04 model too.......
  18. R

Shiver SC questions...

ok i just got wind of the price of the dorados........ for that kinda money i can get 2 pairs of the shivers!! looks like the decision has been made...........the only thing now is if i should go for the 03 model with more travel or the 04 ones with less travel....... how different would...
  19. R

Shiver SC questions...

ok you guys got me confused as well...........anyways just found out about the dorado sc..........and they sound much better than the shiver sc.......but i'm thinking the price will be just as pretty........what are your thought on the dorado sc?
  20. R

Shiver SC questions...

cuz i'll be using it to do DH as well...........don't have the cash to maintain 2 bikes