Search results

1. pineapplehead

TAS SOLD Ibis Ripmo AF, size M

php]Item: Ibis Ripmo AF Location: Launceston Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: going lighter + carbon Price and price conditions: $3000 Extra Info: I'm the original owner and have had this for two years. It's an amazing bike capable of just about anything. It's been frame skinned...
  2. pineapplehead

Launceston riding groups?

Confession - I've been flirting with my gravel bike more in recent times but am keen to get back on the mtb. I live near Trevallyn so get up there a bit but are there any regular groups that go out weekly or anything like that? Cheers
  3. pineapplehead

The Bin Chicken

I don't see too many of these around these parts, not sure if it's just me or what.. Anyway, a recent move to Tassie prompted new to sell my ageing Norco Sight and get something more suitable to my new terrain (note: I said terrain not abilities). Hence this acquisition. My Ibis Ripmo AF, ngx...
  4. pineapplehead

Matte frame protection on a gloss frame. Yay or nay?

Your opinions please. Also any pics demonstrating how good or bad this may be are welcomed. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  5. pineapplehead

VIC Sold Norco Sight C2, 2019

Item: Norco Sight C2, 2019 Location: Ocean Grove. (soon to be Launceston) Item Condition: excellent, some minor scratches Reason for selling: I'll have a new income soon and will upgrade Price and price conditions: $4000 Extra Info: (ok some of you may notice that I posted this along with...
  6. pineapplehead

My Buller epic

Hey all, Anyone got any Intel on the condition of the epic trail? I know it was suffering from neglect in recent years, is that still the case or is it worth the trip up for? Cheers Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  7. pineapplehead

VIC SOLD Yeti sb5c

Item: Yeti SB5 carbon Location: Geelong Item Condition: Used. Scratches relative to its age Reason for selling: New bike fever Price and price conditions: 3100ono. Feel free to make an offer, but lowball offers will be ignored. Extra Info: This bike runs really well, regularly maintained and...
  8. pineapplehead

What should I buy - Norco sight or canyon Spectral?

...And why? Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  9. pineapplehead

Wheel building costs

Trying to weigh up replacing my current skinny rims or my entire bike.. I've currently got hold pro 4 hubs and am considering getting this laced into some new wider rims. I've never built wheels before and am honestly daunted by the prospect. What sort of costs are expected for wheel building +...
  10. pineapplehead

Slipping saddle, advice please

I have in my hardtail an X-fusion Hilo dropper post which in the last few weeks has started to loosen its grip on my saddle angle. I normally like my saddle to be pretty much horizontal (parallel to the ground), but what happens is that it will slip and suddenly tilt so that the noise is pointed...
  11. pineapplehead

How do I remove this cassette?

How do I remove this cassette? What to do I need?
  12. pineapplehead

Tyre advice please. What would you do?

On my yeti sb5c I'm currently running a 2.4 ardent front + 2.2 (ish) ikon rear. - hangover from my previous hardtail. The ardent has limited life left now and I'm wanting to replace with something meatier up front. Prob a high roller or minion. Would you consider a half worn ardent on the...
  13. pineapplehead

Trance pedal strike

Got a mate currently test riding a 2014 trance, and wondering why he is striking his pedals more than on his old shitty hardtail. What do I tell him? I haven't spent much time on a trance to know if they have a particularly low bb, or if it's just sus tuning or something else. Anyone have...
  14. pineapplehead

Best Android mtb game?

I need something I can play on the train and the toilet.
  15. pineapplehead

Buying helmets internationally.

What are people's thoughts on buying a lid from overseas? I'm looking at the MET lupo helmet which I know fits my noggin alright, but I really prefer some of the colour options that don't seem to be available in Australia. If I import one from o/s then it likely won't meet Australia standards...
  16. pineapplehead

The UP thread.

So anecdotally it would seem that the majority of farkiners are of the gravity inspired leaning (correct me if I'm wrong). I had a roll out at the youeys today and was inspired to focus on defying gravity - that is, my climbing skills. Who else here is into climbing technically challenging...
  17. pineapplehead

The sherpy sherpy Sherpa

Finally complete. Down and dirty. This beast started as a home to put old bits onto, but as the love grew so did the spec investment. It's now a pride and joy. Nothing overly special onboard but just built for fun and reliability: Stanton sherpa Reynolds 853 frame (gen 2) Xt gears (1x11) and...
  18. pineapplehead

Rotorburn ads

Not sure if rotorburn is showing me ads based on my browsing history, but does anyone else get down the ad on tapatalk for life insurance, with the very coy looking model?? She almost makes me want to take out instance lest I die of lust!
  19. pineapplehead

Easier gears for climbing

Currently my lowest gear is 34 x 40. I'm soft and this is too hard. Price aside, am I better off getting a smaller chainring or a 42 cog? Ta
  20. pineapplehead

Camping at Buller.

As per the subject title. Know of anywhere close by, maybe near Mirimbah or around there? Ideally free or cheap. Cheers