Search results

1. kjf

Jackal of Notre Dame

Well then.. Accidentally did something stupid before in this thread so here's round #2. Haven't been on two wheels in ~3 years, and in that time I've gained some mad weight as a result of BEER. Thought to myself "time to do something about this" about a million times in those 3 years...
  2. kjf

It's been so long!

Alright, I need some information. Anyone remember kenny? Kenneth? Alright, well I've just remembered that about 2 years ago he "bought" my fixie. He was up the road at Blue Nurses (what a shit hole these days, btw, what happened Ashgrove?!?) and came down to my place. He said...
  3. kjf

Question - Car audio stuff online

Quick question farkers erm, you know how you buy electronics from overseas you have to be a little bit careful about stuff like PAL (for dvds and that kind of thing). All of the compatability things. Is it the same for buying headunits? Just say I wanted to buy some car audio stuphz...
  4. kjf

Angry @ Phone

Nyello general population of farkin, lastnight I decided to get an iPhone on a plan with optus. I was with Three previously on a pre-paid service. I wanted to keep the same number so the lady in the optus shop said she would transfer the numbers. She then went on to explain that my 3...
  5. kjf

PS3 + HL2 + Keyboard and mouse?

Can i play this on my PS3, using a mouse and keyboard instead of a regular controller? Im desperate for some HL, but my computer is a POS and lags so bad and I don't like using a controller for games like this. Is this possible? Just a regular USB mouse and keyboard? Or do I need some sort...
  6. kjf

How to hook up my laptop to the tv

Well, I've got the neccesary cable. (The one with the screws on the side...:o) So I plugged it into my laptop, then to the tv. I go to the "PC" function on the tv, but nothing comes up - screen's blank. Is there anything I need to do? Install something? It's a new Panasonic Viera...
  7. kjf

Would you look at that? Someone needs help with chem!..[equilibrium]

Okay, now I know I've made my fair share of these threads in my time, but I'm kinda stumped on this. Right, did a chem prac today, writeup is due tomorrow. I'm almost done. Take this: Fe3+(aq) + SCN-(aq) ⇌ FeSCN2+(aq) [damnit, why doesn't this thing allow subscript?] Yep...
  8. kjf

Let's talk about cars? (Advice needed)

Hey everyone, I'm looking at purchasing a car. (I searched 'renault' on farkin, and go no substantial results, who woulda thunked it:p) Right, I just found a pretty good deal on a clio sport. 12 grand, 67k kms. 2001, and I've previously had my eye on a 2003 model for 16 grand with similar...
  9. kjf

This is the 10,00th thread in OT. Yep. I don;t know how to make this interesting though. Any ideas?
  10. kjf

A certain bike shop has closed??????

Okay, I live in the suburb of ASHGROVE (hint..), brisbane. Driving home, I see a car parked on the footpath outside the shop, and the shop is...well..pretty much empty. Does anyone know if something has happened? Are they moving? I don't want to post the name of the shop just to be...
  11. kjf

Wireless Dilema #2

NEW: Right, so I got the correct thing, today. Belkin N wireless router. Sweet! Hmm, nah. See, my internet goes from the normal modem to the computer via USB cable, NOT the ethernet cable. When I try and have the ethernet going from the modem straight to the comp, it doesn't work, I...
  12. kjf

CRT Monitors = RGB, Primary Colours = RBY

The primary colours are red, blue and yellow. (At least that's what I've been taught to believe). No other colours can be mixed to make these 3 colours. So that got me thinking, why do CRT monitors/TVs have red, green and blue? I looked up 'primary colours' on google, came up with RGB, and...
  13. kjf

Rubik's Cube

Who can do it? I'm nearlly there, I just can't figure out 2nd and 3rd layers (i can do two sides of the 2nd layer, but when I try and complete the other sides, it destroys what i've done to the two (already done) sides of the layer) So yeah. I've been working on it for about 15 minutes...
  14. kjf

Making this laptop faster? (Not talking hardware)

So, I have a laptop. Pretty decent spec in terms of laptops (at least i think?) 2.0 gHz 1gb ram 256 dedicated graphics 120gb HDD Too bad it's damn slow. I don't play games on this, I just use it for school and editing photos. (Well, I've hardly been able to edit photos cause all my...
  15. kjf

Yet another 'Plz H3lp @ teh Skoolz' - Yr 12 Chem. (Esters)

So, I miiiiiight be expecting a bit too much of you guys to remember/know this, but here goes. I'm going to do a chemistry prac at school. (well, tommorow) We're creating esters from carboxylic acids, and there are a few questions on the prac sheet that I don't understand. 1. 'Why...
  16. kjf

Play the 'WHAT VIRUS?' Game!

Okay, so, I'm writing this short story for english.. Decide to throw in the whole 'Virus pandemic' thing. Right, so, I write this: The slow and painful process of internal liquefying would begin. Like putting someone’s insides in a blender, the infected would ultimately turn to mush...
  17. kjf

Post your room?

What can I say, I'm really quite bored. So yeah, post up a pic of your room? Or you can rant about how bad of an idea you think this is. Yep
  18. kjf

iPod Help?

Okay, so my iPod is being a tad annoying. (To use an example) In itunes, i have nearly every metallica song. On my ipod, i don't have nearly half of these songs. Even after I update, some songs are just..missing? This applies for many artists, not just metallica. I've tried resetting...
  19. kjf

POS Computer + 5.1 Speakers ? (Nevermind, Problem Solved)

Okay, well I just bought 5.1 logitech speakers for my computer here at dad's. x-530, right so on the back of my computer i have 3 ports. Pink, Green, Blue. Only the green port seems to make the music. The speakers have 3 jacks. I have a POS Acer, but it's about a year old...
  20. kjf

Need help with movie - Sound only?

Okay, so i "Aquired" a movie. It's IT. There are two files, both are .avi, and when i open them in windows media player, all i see is...well nothing, thats the thing. I can only hear the movie.\ It's a bit too early in the morning for me to be thinking about this stuff, so is there something...