Search results

1. GTBoy

Warranbaybe sold?

I assume as I can't see anything online about it Warranbaybe has now closed. Anyone know if the trails are still there and rideable?
  2. GTBoy

Red Hill; Legal trails

Thanks for the info. The offer stands to update maps in the future. Cheers
  3. GTBoy

Red Hill; Legal trails

Am I right in thinking there are now more legal tracks than are shown on the current map? I hear there is a track called sawtooth but it's not on any maps. I'm happy to help update the map if it's needed. I'm cartographer by trade. Cheers
  4. GTBoy

2008 Tance X1 vs modern enduro bikes climbing?

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it's time for a new bike (now just got to convince the wife). Do most shops do demos? I've had a look at the polygon bikes, which on paper look like a good deal, $3.2k for the Siskiu N9
  5. GTBoy

Thanks, the trance seemed good to me (coming from a 22kg dh bike) so if a modern enduro is better happy days
  6. GTBoy

After about 7 years not touching a bike I had a ride over Easter up at Mansfield and am hooked again, I can’t work out how I’ve gone this long without riding. I’ve still got my 2008 Tance X1 but as would be expected after that long without any love it’s got a few issues, mainly the piston seals...
  7. GTBoy

Places to ride with dog SE of Melbourne

Lol, looking for xc to all mountain type of thing.
  8. GTBoy

Places to ride with dog SE of Melbourne

Does anyone know of anywhere you can ride with a dog south east of Melbourne. I took my whippet up to my parents (Merrijig near Mt Buller) a couple of weeks ago and took him for a ride in the bush. He loved it, and I'm now hoping there is somewhere to take him nearer where I live (Cranbourne). I...
  9. GTBoy

Giant Demo Day #2 Feb 5th 2011

I did find that quite funny.
  10. GTBoy

Why do they use torx screws on disc brakes.

They don't seem to cam out as easily as hex i must admit, but if they do it really does seem to damage them. I cammed out (not sure that even a term but I'm going with it) on one, and it really rounded the edges of it, after that I made sure it didn't happen on the others.
  11. GTBoy

Buller XC trail launch - woohoo!

Looks awesome, can't wait to ride it now. Just reckon the 6km up may kill me before the down.
  12. GTBoy

I guess they work ok, but its a pain that you have to have a tool pretty much specifically just for rotors, I've never needed a torx key for anything else on a bike.
  13. GTBoy

Just wondering why torx screws are used on disc brakes rotors. I had to replace one today and it took me ages to find the my torx keys, why not just use a hex instead?
  14. GTBoy

Giant Trance/Trance X

Tyre clearance I've recently picked up a 08 trance x1. I've used the search but can't find the max size tyre that you can run on a trance x. Any help would be appreciated.
  15. GTBoy

Maybe DH isnt for me?

Good to hear they are working on getting that sort of track, and I know the problems that you would be having getting things approved up there. I do know how much work is involved up there, I used to get myself a season ticket each year helping out before things opened up, its also how I know...
  16. GTBoy

Maybe DH isnt for me?

I was also up there on Saturday for my first ride in 4 years (not just DH, haven't really touched a bike in that long), and found it really tough. It didn't help that for my first 3 runs I had my forks setup terribly, once that was fixed things were much easier. I used to live in Merrijig and...
  17. GTBoy

Thats a really nice map, thanks for uploading it. Do you know what software it was made with?
  18. GTBoy

Ok, that makes a lot more sense to me. I've hiked from Buller to Sterling a few times, and I imagine it will be a killer ride. Looking forward to giving it a go some time.
  19. GTBoy

Awesome. I thought that a track from Buller to Sterling would have been more than 10km though, I guess it is just the vertical changes that would make it so tough. Can't wait to ride it.
  20. GTBoy

Is it possible to change your username?

And I got a new (2nd hand) 08 Trance X1. Loving it so far, I haven't really ridden up hills for a long time, and I'm actually quite enjoying it.