Search results

1. D

VIC Sold

Item: 2009 Giant Anthem XW Elite 16" Location:Northcote, VIC Item Condition:Very good condition. Ridden regularly but not hard. Has been on "maternity leave" for most of the last 2 years. Reason for selling:Moving overseas. Price and price conditions:$1200 ONO Extra Info: Wheels have been...
  2. D

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

I had no problems with ralph front, race king rear. Both @ 20psi. Great race, I really enjoyed it while it was slippery and then loved it when the track hardened up again but smoother than it had started. Any pictures around?
  3. D

KONA Clock2clock Challenge, Sunday March 4th 2012, Woodend

Are the results posted anywhere, I can't see them on the site? I'm used to having the results online before I get home :-/.
  4. D

Specialized Camber Elite

Having tagged along with my wife while she was buying a nice XC bike I must say that there must be a lot of stupid people working in bike shops then. Quite a sad situation but there are exceptions to the rule.
  5. D

2011 Mawson Marathon

I did the stage race last year, but I also rode to the start line up the Mawson trail from Adelaide with my family in the weeks preceding it. I had no problems doing it on 35/38mm tyres with panniers and towing a toddler in the trailer behind. There are only a few km of singletrack (but it's...
  6. D

Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross Series 2011

pretty frustrated here too. i'm recovering from a knee reconstruction and i don't think it will be up to vaulting barriers any time soon. on the bright side, it means i can heckle both the MTB and CX classes rather than just one last year.
  7. D

Santa Cruz 29er carbon hardtail

nice looking bike. my mamasita has similar clearances. mud just builds up at the seatstay arch and the wheel starts binding (with a 2.2 race king).
  8. D

garmin edge 500

Take care with that, I got "steam" in my 705 and a few days later it was dead. If the 500 is like the 705 then the USB (and mini SD card port) are not where the water can get it in as they're sealed well. I think the rubber around the buttons and the actual seam between the two halves is...
  9. D

garmin edge 500

I am getting a 500 for xmas and have previously owned the 305 and 705. If you want distance accuracy in twisty singletrack then you have to get a wheel sensor (though they are pretty pricey). Other than that I think they're an awesome bit of kit (though maybe not as waterproof as they claim).
  10. D

Anthem X0 26" vs Anthem 29er: the hard data

sshhhhh. now all those 26" riders that i can ride faster than will go out and buy 29ers and beat me again!
  11. D

State Enduro Series 2010 (Vic)

nah, semi-cheapskate. spent all my cash on the rear derailleur and can't afford a front one :)
  12. D

State Enduro Series 2010 (Vic)

meh singlespeeders. where's my 1x9 category? i don't want to have to race against the 1x10ers.
  13. D

First 12 hour.....what to do, what to do

Next time get your support crew to offer me a cold beverage and a comfy chair and I'll probably accept ;)
  14. D

First 12 hour.....what to do, what to do

Make sure you have some good mental motivation to push on to the end of the race. I did the Gravity 12hr on the weekend and while I'd trained for a few months for a 24hr a month ago I didn't have any real goals for the 12hr other than to make the most of my training. After about 5 or 6 hours...
  15. D

Bicycle Superstore Gravity 12 Hour - Rosewhite VIC - Saturday Nov 6th 2010

I was up that way on the weekend (rode Bright to Wang) and there was some significant rain on Saturday and a fair bit of flooding. I think it'll still be sticky in the gullies come Saturday.
  16. D

29er wheels

Wouldn't rider weight play a part in that too? An 85kg rider's race only wheelset might be OK for a 65kg rider every day? (At least this is what I'm hoping from my 355's).
  17. D

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

How about a rule that if you would have been on the elite podium you shouldn't be allowed to race age category?
  18. D

1 x 9 setups

I used 1x9 on my 29er at WSC24 with a front 32 (Cycle Underground on SLX) and rear 11-34 (PG990, X.0 short derailleur, X.0 GripShit). I was seated on all climbs for the whole event and most laps didn't need to drop to the 34. I find the 11 is a big enough gear for most situations and once I hit...
  19. D

Kaliba Carbon 29er - any reviews?

Relatively long headtube is going to result in pretty high bars. Medium has a 17mm longer headtube than my Mamasita which I run with a flat bar on a reversed stem and no spacers.
  20. D

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Maybe being a lightweight means the hardtail didn't beat me up as much? Because I find it hard to believe I would have been any quicker over the 24hrs on a dually. Yet most people ride them so I feel I'm doing it the wrong way.