Search results

1. T

Illawarra escarpment trail

Hi there, Just visiting wollongong and want to take a friend on an easy fire trail. Can anyone say what the Illawarra escarpment trail is like? Also, where is the best spot to start the for trail? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. T

Magpie Wars

For those of you fed up with magpies, check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRR2SvBmGFI&sns=fb
  3. T

Cross Country tyres for a chick

Hi there, Just getting back into the scene and I am in desperate need of new tyres. I have 26" wheels and I am currently using Maxxis Ignitor 1.9 on the front and Maxis cross mark 2.1 on the back. I have been told that 2.35 would be good as it will help with my cornering. I ride around...
  4. T

Giant Anthem 1 - Wanted

Hi there, Finally I have got my husband interested in buying a MTB and he is keen on getting a Large (20") Giant Anthem 1 only to find they are out of stock for 2 to 3 months. Does anyone know of a bike shop that has them in stock at the moment? Cheers
  5. T

Heat Satchels

I was thinking of getting some heat satchels to keep my feet warm in the middle of the night during the 24hr. Does anyone know where you can buy them from? Either in Sydney or on line?
  6. T

Mt Kowen/Sparrows - help with tyres

Hi Guys, I am riding the 3hr twilight race tomorrow at Mt Kowen and then at Sparrows on sunday. As I am travelling from Sydney, I am not going to have a lot of time before the race to change my tyres. Would you recommend I run my Pythons or my mud tyres? Has Canberra had any rain...
  7. T

So who's entered in the NZO-12hr?

I entered a team of 3 today for the Saturday event :p Who else is in??? I have borrowed some lights and just need to practice in the dark :eek: Any tips for a newbie??
  8. T

WWS Round 4 Yellowmundee

:confused: I don't know if I can't read or the website needs work, but I can't seem to find out how much it costs for a team to enter the WWS Round 4 at Yellowmundee. I know it costs me an additional $15 for late entry. Can somebody please tell me the price! Also, are entries open yet...
  9. T

Gps

Hey There, I am thinking of buying a GPS. They have lots of really cool features and can help you find your way home if you get lost in the bush :eek: My biggest concern is that the GPS may get dislodged when descending a hill over rocky terrain at speed. Has anyone had this problem? How...
  10. T

Jervis Bay: Where to ride?

Next weekend we are going to Jervis Bay, staying at Huskisson. I am going to take my mountain bike and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good trails to ride on. Last time I found some nice fast tracks behind the water plant but I was looking for something a bit harder (not too hard...
  11. T

Appin Race

Hi All, I am new to MTB riding/racing. I have ridden a couple of times at Yellowmundee and I was wondering how it compared to Appin? *Turtle*