Search results

1. R

STOLEN ACT - Giant Anthem and helmet stolen from Civic

2018 Giant Anthem 29er 1 and a 661 Crest helmet in orange/burgundy were stolen from outside a building on Moore st in Canberra Civic today. Bike still factory spec, though a few scratches and the orange decals/paint have faded in the sun from 3 years of regular use. It was frequently used for...
  2. R

ACT FOUND: ZTTO dropper lever

Thanks muchly to Litenbror for helping us out!
  3. R

ACT FOUND: ZTTO dropper lever

Item: ZTTO dropper lever - the one that's a copy of the Wolftooth Light Action lever. Location: Canberra Price range/Willing to Pay: $40 .. or could order you a brand new one and a beer. Extra Info: Was posting on the off chance that someone in Canberra has one they'd part with this week...
  4. R

VIC Found Hope Rockshox torque caps for Boost

I am fairly sure that the SRAM PG1130 / PG1170 11-36 casette is for shimano road 11-sp hub - meaning it's 1.85mm wider than MTB / up-to-10s road hub. Assuming you have MTB wheels / no shimano 11sp road freehub. I think the only half-decent 11-36 for 10s/MTB hub is going to be Sunrace CSMS8...
  5. R

220mm IS Rotor Mount

+40mm adapters are fairly easy to find, no? I just pulled one off my fork a few days back when I went from a 200mm to 203mm rotor. So to recap, all Bashee brake mounts are IS @ 140 (except the Legend IS @ 160) says https://www.bansheebikes.com/faq - 80IS adapters don't appear to exist...
  6. R

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Hmm, USD156 shipping is a fair whack, but 35% off is also pretty good. I got some Recon Silver RL 140mm that I'd like to upgrade. Do I go the lighter Pike Ultimate 150mm @ $1060 (seems like 20mm longer a2c for 10mm more travel) ... or the heavier (but still way ligher than Recons) Mezzer...
  7. R

Sold TUNE Carbon Bars + Reverse Components 60mm Stem

Bargain. I just spent $10 less for new Koryak bars and 60mm stem, weighing almost double.
  8. R

Single Speed Conversion Kit

I bought one of those kits, the cog is pretty thin (same or thinner than Shimano DX) but also didn't fit easily on the (Mavic?) freehub that had a couple of burrs from a previous pinned cassette, even after I gave them a litte filing. All my other SS cogs slid on OK. Used just the spacers...
  9. R

Newly Released Bikes General

I particularly like that the chain appears to be just resting on the chainstay even in the biggest cog.
  10. R

Single Speed Conversion Kit

Thin cogs could be OK if you have a steel (or maybe Ti) freehub. One less ghetto, but potentially cheap source of spacers + lockring is old cassettes. Better to have unramped cogs (and chainrings) for SS. Considered ZTTO or similar new from Alibaba / Aliexpress / etc...
  11. R

ACT 2x dropper lever

Cheers. It's for a OneUp dropper (v2 .. or maybe a Transfer SL if I can find one at non-scalping prices) - so nubbin at post / screw clamp the cable at lever. Like the majority of posts, perhaps? What can I say? On my hardtail with a fork that works well, I much prefer climbing with a lockout.
  12. R

ACT 2x dropper lever

Item: Lever for dropper post, to mount alongside fork lockout: 2x / vertical style. Location: ACT or post Item Condition: From Good working to as-new. Price and price conditions: A bit less than new .. Extra Info: Obviously there's a few of these across the usual stores, sometimes for...
  13. R

ACT SRAM 3x9 shifters

Thanks for the offer. Still haven't found the cheaper ones I have hidden in some box here. So I have got some late-model X0 shifters with the carbon plates in great condition, and I'm trying not to put them on a kid's bike .. but probably should finish the build soon!
  14. R

OneUp Dropper Post

Anyone putting the new 240mm on their dirt jumper? :p The owner of this knows where it's at:
  15. R

First Waltly frame

Did I see someone from one of these threads riding their Sliding dropout waltly down the Flow trail at Thredbo today? I only got a quick glance from chairlift, but fairly sure it was a Ti frame. Dropouts looked same as mine..
  16. R

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dreading my next visit to Dickson Woolies, with many times more Cookers arriving here in Canberra, camped up the road at EPIC compared to last weekend. Back then it was a few unmasked bogans wandering around the store. Now piles of mentally unwell people are taking over the area fenced off...
  17. R

The Single Speed Thread

Is it 2008's root beer coloured model with the Maverick USD forks? I think I saw someone riding one of them at Bruce Ridge recently, was my first sighting in over a decade. I know this is the SS thread and all, but if there's anything resembling an uphill he's going to be struggling to do...
  18. R

Bargain buys thread

Top deal. Ordered 3 pairs for the fam, including some Powerlines for me. Size guide says US9.5 = 27.5cm. That's how long my feet are. They just arrived ... look great, but my big toes press against the end. :oops: I don't think they're going to stretch enough. And US10 is out-of-stock...
  19. R

ACT SRAM 3x9 shifters

Item: WTB, a pair of SRAM 3x9 shifters. Location: ACT Item Condition: Working OK Reason for buying: After installing SRAM rear x9 9spd (and shimano front, but same same) derailleurs on a frame for my kid a few months ago - I left the shifters that were at-the-time cabled to them in a box. I...
  20. R

Confessions from the fuckwits

So I'm building up a commuter / 26" XC MTB for my first-born. Been doing slowly it for a while, but it's now time for her to relinquish her current bike to second-born. Months ago I measured saddle height and figured I had to cut the seatpost of the next bike somewhat. I now measured the...