Search results

1. D

XRC1250 front hub 15mm conversion

Hello, I have some XRC1250 26" wheels in the parts bin that I decided I might use on a weight weenie build but they need to be converted to 15mm thru axle. Searching the internets and DT Swiss site I see no official way of doing this but the ID of the front bearings is 15mm. I'm thinking...
  2. D

[Sold][VIC] Merida road bike (extra?) small

Item: Merida road bike, small. Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Make way for new bike Price and price conditions: $500 ono Extra Info: 18" seat tube. 505mm effective top tube (seat post centre to steerer centre). Shimano 105 groupset. Look Keo...
  3. D

Rockshox duke damper diagram

Hi, I'm trying to find a diagram for the damper on an old RockShox Duke 'All mountain' XC U-turn fork. Not sure exactly which year, but I'm guessing it's pre-2004. The closest I can find is a blurry shot on the sram tech docs website. I last serviced them years ago, now I need them to...
  4. D

VIC [sold] 2010 Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon (small)

Item: 2010 Blur XC Carbon (small) Location: Melbourne, VIC Item Condition: Good/Brand new Reason for selling: Switching bike sponsors Price and price conditions: $2200 ONO Extra Info: Regularly maintained as race bike by TrailMix. Only ridden by <50kg rider. Brand new parts...
  5. D

XTR spare parts

Hello, I recently got a new chain and it skips on the old XTR cassette. Predictably it only happens on the smaller two titanium cogs. These are available as a spare part but they are ridiculously overpriced. The pair costs more than an XT cassette and well over half a whole new XTR cassette...
  6. D

MTB in the Alps/Dolomites

Hello, Yet another call out for trail recommendations here. We'll be traveling from Chamonix (France) to Lake Garda (Italy) along the Alps in July. It looks like there's a tonne of riding around Lake Garda but was curious if there were any trails in between worth stopping off for? Any...
  7. D

MTB in Iceland

Hello, It's a bit of a long shot but that's what I thought when I asked about Peru/Bolivia last time and got some great replies. Has anyone done much MTB in Iceland? I'm hoping to be there early August and trying to decide how much time I need. I might be happy to just do a day or two of...
  8. D

Shortest chain stay

Hello, I was just wondering what the shortest chainstay you could get on a 29er was? BB axle to rear wheel axle.
  9. D

S-Works Fork and Crank

Hello, I'm looking at getting an 09 S-Works carbon stumpy hardtail. I'm lucky enough to be able to change the spec to whatever I want but two choices are giving me grief, the forks and the cranks. The frame comes with a 'Specialized Future Shock S90' but I'm tempted to swap it for a Fox...
  10. D

Big ringed single speeds

Hello, Does anyone else run or know people who run big rings on their single speeds? The reason I ask is that I have just bent my 3rd chainring/crank on my SS resulting in two broken ribs and a bruised lung. Admittedly it is a 'parts bin' bike but I'm wondering if a 44 tooth ring is just too...
  11. D

Riding Peru/Bolivia

Hello, I'm thinking of heading over to South America in a month or so. I wouldn't mind getting some riding in while I'm there. I expect to be in the Cuzco/Peru La Paz/Bolivia area. I had a recommendation for gravityBolivia and the newer gravityPeru. They look fairly good but a bit more...
  12. D

Still no Peace (GT that is)

Hello, I was looking for the name / contact details of the bike shop that offered the GT Peace at last years SS Nats. It's been over a year and I still haven't heard a peep from them after at least half a dozen people offered to chase it up for me. All good intentions but no results. I've...
  13. D

Stolen: VIC Diamondback DBR silver

Bike: Diamondback DBR, Large Colour: Silver with red anodised bolt kit Date it was stolen: 29th Nov 2007 Where it was stolen: From my house in North Fitzroy Specs: Shimano saint groupset I was looking after the bike for a friend in the UK so the insurance won't cover it. Most likely...
  14. D

GT Peace availability?

Hello, I've been waiting since last November for the GT Peace SS I won at the SS Nats. Originally I was told the bike wasn't yet available but plenty of people seem to have received theirs. I've tried contacting the shop offering the prize with no response and the event organiser isn't sure...