Search results

1. mikey55

VIC Sold

Item: ’05 Santa Cruz VP-Free Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Very Good Reason for selling: Want to do different things Price and price conditions: $2500 Extra Info: Frame size is medium. The bike has a few marks on it here and there. Mechanically it’s beautiful and I can’t find a...
  2. mikey55

VIC WTB: SRAM X9 RH Shifter, '07/'08 Trigger

Item: SRAM X9 RH Shifter, '07/'08 Trigger Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Good Reason for buying: Took mine apart, and now it won't go back together Price and price conditions: for $50 would be nice
  3. mikey55

sold

Item: 661 Race Knee\Shin guards Location: Melbourne Item Condition: New, never used. Reason for selling: Not using. Price and price conditions: $100 or offers. Extra Info: Medium size. Pictures: Indeed.
  4. mikey55

Sold

Item: 661 ProBravo Carbon full face Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Near new, one DH run. Couple of times around the block. Reason for selling: Not using Price and price conditions: $150 or offers Extra Info: XL size (60-62cm) No impacts, one minor mark on visor. Otherwise looks new...
  5. mikey55

iPod parts

Someone on this forum has in their signature a request for old iPods for parts. Who is it? I want some bits and pieces if possible
  6. mikey55

Repairing tires

My tire succumbed to a small gash the other day. I'm confident there is a way of repairing it but I'm interested to know what ways other people would go about it. Is there some sort of patch I can place on the inside of the tire to seal the hole?
  7. mikey55

Spastic offers for items in For Sale threads

Wow am I sick of these retards who offer $50 for something which you quite clearly advertise for $130. Granted... It also says "or nearest offer." But why can't these muppets get with the program and not offer absurdly low numbers. Why don't I just give my stuff away for free if I'm clearly that...
  8. mikey55

31.8mm Seat clamp

Item: Seat clamp Location: Burwood, Melbourne Item Condition: Usable Price and price conditions: What ever it is Extra Info: 31.8mm or so
  9. mikey55

sold

Item: Straitline Wedge Stem - Titanium Grey Size: 50mm * 31.8mm clamp and 10degrees rise Location: Melbounre Price: Offers - $130 o.n.o Reason for Selling: Sticking with my Thomson. I bought the Thomson then bought the Straitline before it arrived. Then I decided to try out my Thomson and am...
  10. mikey55

Santa Cruz VP-Free

This is my '05 Vp-Free frame bought from Gripper in mid-August finally finished. The photos were taken yesterday at Lysterfield Lake Park on its third outing. Still trying to get all the suspension dialed but it rides awesome. Think she needs wider tires as well but either way I'm stoked and I...
  11. mikey55

Getting stooged on eBay.

This might ruffle some feathers, but so be it. It may serve as a warning to others as well. Couple of weeks back I was bidding on an LG1 Chain Guide on ebay.com.au. The seller was in NSW and all was dandy. As bidding continued into the last day I couldn't help but feel that maybe, just MAYBE...
  12. mikey55

Bashguard on Saints

I feel like a complete n00b in asking this, but I'm building up my first bike ever and doing it all myself so I can learn properly but... I bought a set of Shimano cranks M-805-1. It came with a single ring. I'm trying to figure out if I can just bolt the ring inboard of the mount and put a...
  13. mikey55

X-Type Bottom Bracket

What: Race Face X-Type BB NEW (or close to) Price range/Willing to Pay: What it's worth Location:Melbourne Extra Info: Preferably with 83mm sleeve
  14. mikey55

Saint Cranks on a VP-Free

I've previously searched and found this thread was probably most helpful: http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=44954&highlight=saint+free However, after reading it again post buying my cranks I'm beginning to realise I may not have quite understood in the first place and have instead...
  15. mikey55

found

What: Sram X9 Rear Shifter 2007 or 08 if they're out Price range/Willing to Pay: $60 Location: Melbourne Extra Info: Needs to be in fantastic condition. A cable would be nice.
  16. mikey55

Chain Guide alternatives

Is it possible to substitute a chain guide, say an E-13 LG1, for something like a Straitline Inner Plate and bash guard? http://www.straitlinecomponents.com/products/inner_rings.php Or would you still be subject to the chain falling off?
  17. mikey55

Smashing rims

At what height do people believe you have to huck in order to smash up a rim? Obviously 30cm won't do it, but if you were riding a hard tail what do you think would be the maximum height before rims start bending?
  18. mikey55

found

What: Front Post mount adaptor for juicy 7s, 185mm Price range/Willing to Pay:$10 Location:Melbourne Extra Info: J7 to Marzocchi Post Mount Fork *EDIT* Haha, they actually shipped the right adaptor after telling me they didnt
  19. mikey55

sold

Item: Manitou 350lb x 2.75in Spring Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Used, there are minor blemishes. Doesn't look used that much at all really. Reason for selling: Got myself a 450lb Price and price conditions: $60 or so Extra Info: It's black. Came in the frame I bought off Gripper...
  20. mikey55

sold

Item: Spring 400lb x 2.75 in Location:Melbourne Item Condition: New Reason for selling: No need, got a 450lb now Price and price conditions: $100 or so Extra Info: I believe it is a 5th Element - I got it from Gripper as a spare when I bought his frame. Powder coat silver. Brand spanking...