Search results

1. Regan of Gong

Road/Fixed Gear cockpit (Stem, seat post, seat etc.)

Item: 1 1/8inch stem (26mm) Front brake calliper Single-digit lever (Goldfinger or similar) 27.2 seat post Seat (ladies style would be excellent) Location: I'm in Wollongong, you can be anywhere in Australia. Price range/Willing to Pay: Various, doesn't have to be top-end stuff <$20 per...
  2. Regan of Gong

NSW Sold

Item: 2007 Norco A Line Location: Wollongong/Sutherland Item Condition: Excellent- the frame was new when I bought the bike off j5ive in October and since then it's done maybe 6 runs. I love this bike but I just can't get out and ride it :( Only gripe is that the brakes are a little...
  3. Regan of Gong

Stealth eBay fixed project (matte black)

$150 eBay track frame, matte black, 54cm. I think it's pretty similar to a Visp. Deep V's on Formula Sugino Messengers Fuji bars and seat post Seat from Aldi ($15) Vittoria rubber on rear, Maxxis Detonator on front Campag veloce on Goldfinger lever for emergency stops BO Gear straps...
  4. Regan of Gong

Cheap+Complete DH Bike FOUND

Item: Downhill/possibly FR bike to suit rider ~180cm tall. Location: Wollongong, would prefer pick up from Sydney/Gong area, may pay postage if it's legit. Price range/Willing to Pay: $1000, could stretch to $1200. Yeah, it's not a lot, but I'm nothing crash hot. Extra Info: Just want a...
  5. Regan of Gong

Working the Canadian ski season.

Hey ya'll. I'm about to graduate Uni and I think it'd be pretty cool to go work in Canada for their ski season as a gap year thing. I know there's at least a few people here who have done it, so I'm just looking for some general advice. At the moment I've got my work visa application filled out...
  6. Regan of Gong

Free booze.

Free 4 pack of Canadian Club and Dry. Yeah, you might get put on a database and have your information sold off, but free drinks are free drinks.
  7. Regan of Gong

Who's been to Tokyo?

So, Rotorburners are generally a well travelled bunch, and in a fortnight I'm departing for Japan with 3 mates. See, the problem is, we're spending 3 days in Tokyo and we have absolutely no idea where we'll stay or what we'll do (besides drinking). There's a shitload of websites I'm sorting...
  8. Regan of Gong

Sally the Fixie (Warning: contains pink)

Here's my newly finished fixie. 1979 27" frame, home resprayed. (It was my dad's first serious bike) Original fork Zuzi wheels/Innova tyres Original brakes Half shimano 600/Sugino cranks Club Roost pedals KMC heavy-duty chain She goes by the name of Sally. Kind of a shame that it's...
  9. Regan of Gong

Deep V tyres and tube problem

Hey, Bought a cheap deep V knock-off wheelset from eBay and the tyre really doesn't sit in the rim around the valve when the tube is inflated (approx 95psi). Any suggestions as to what's happening and how I can fix it? I just tried taking the tyre out around it and giving the tube a bit of...
  10. Regan of Gong

tumblr?

So does anybody tumblog? I know it's quite a hipster thing to do, and in some respects it's just another social media platform, but I quite enjoy it- does anyone else do it? For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, tumblr is a blogging service, which lends itself more to short...
  11. Regan of Gong

Getting rid of a hickey.

So as awesome as I would feel going to work with these red marks on my neck, I feel my bosses would be less than impressed. Any help?
  12. Regan of Gong

ROAD 1979 Road Bike restoration: "Black Sally"

So, when my Dad was in year 10 I think, he bought his first road bike to get into racing. He raced for a number of years, throughout university and pretty well up to the time when I was born. This is the first bike he bought for $100 back in '79 that I dragged out from under the house and did a...
  13. Regan of Gong

Sketchy Santas

Too good not to share. www.sketchysantas.com
  14. Regan of Gong

Chain question

So at the moment, I'm rebuilding/restoring an old road bike from 1979. I'm making it a single speed, and it needs a new chain. For the moment, I'm just going to run it on the cassette, and switch to a dedicated single cog in the new year, when I have more money. Will it be alright to use a...
  15. Regan of Gong

NSW 38 Tooth chainring SOLD

Item: 38 tooth Truvativ chainring Location: Wollongong, NSW Item Condition: Great- see for yourself below, no broken teeth. Reason for selling: Uneeded, money's always appreciated. Price and price conditions: $20 posted in Australia. Extra Info: Includes bolts. Pictures: Front...
  16. Regan of Gong

Suit Up!

So tomorrow is International Suit Up Day. Wear a suit, in honour of "How I met Your Mother"s Barney Stinson. Even if you're not familiar with him, suit up, and you'll look pretty damn schmick anyway. Do it. :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT_vf5ioXXk
  17. Regan of Gong

What are you eating right now?

I like to eat, often while browsing the interwebs. What are you eating now? Or drinking as well I spose. For me, scrambled eggs on toasted ciabata bread. Little bit of salt, pepper and oregano- beautiful.
  18. Regan of Gong

Stripped cranks = screwed BB?

I recently bought a pair of Holzfellers off here with a Howitzer Team BB. The spindle length was longer than the previous BB I'd had in- another Howitzer team, so I can't really use that bottom bracket. I've stripped my previous cranks (Hussefelts), so they're obviously shot, but will the...
  19. Regan of Gong

NSW Hussefelt Cranks FOUND

Item: Truvativ Husselfelt Cranks Location: Wollongong, NSW. Price range/Willing to Pay: Anything under $100, must include BB. Extra Info: I'm guessing there's a fair few out there, 07 or 08 would be great. I don't want anything stripped (sorry to the 15yr old hacks) or anything with major...
  20. Regan of Gong

Waste Time! Annoy Colleagues!

Play with the tone matrix! http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix Pretty cool flash toy.