Search results

1. raintonr

Menai (Lucas Heights) Closed to the Public

Sorry folks - someone jumped the gun a bit. There is a meeting with ANSTO but it is not public. Please do not show up!
  2. raintonr

ANSTO closes Menai/Lucas Heights trails to the public

Private meeting only Sorry folks - someone jumped the gun a bit. There is a meeting with ANSTO but it is not public. Please do not show up!
  3. raintonr

ANSTO closes Menai/Lucas Heights trails to the public

ANSTO/Rider Meeting (Re: Menai Closure) Having spent all day chasing the matter, Steve Mowle has managed to convince the ANSTO management to meet with Mountain Bike riders to discuss the use of Menai. This is an outstanding achievement. Correction: Sorry folks - this is not a public meeting...
  4. raintonr

ANSTO/Rider Meeting (Re: Menai Closure) Having spent all day chasing the matter, Steve Mowle has managed to convince the ANSTO management to meet with Mountain Bike riders to discuss the use of Menai. This is an outstanding achievement. Correction: Sorry folks - this is not a public meeting...
  5. raintonr

Over on NoBMoB we're getting reports of Menai (aka Lucas Heights) being completely closed off to the public. See: http://nobmob.com/node/22504
  6. raintonr

NSW Increased visitation to National parks: Have your say

No, as I said before - it is a huge win because you have been authorised to use the land for single track MTB riding which is far more than happens on most NPWS managed land in the state. Glass half full, glass half empty? Think about it. BTW - if you want to have a balanced conversation...
  7. raintonr

Reading a couple of posts you put up here it doesn't sound like you are very grateful :( You've got a great area up at Glenrock with an infinite amount more authorised single track then in the whole of NPWS managed land in Northern Sydney (land that is many numbers of times greater in area...
  8. raintonr

NSW NPWS planning to hold secret greens consultation meetings!

Second round of MTB Discussion paper forums More discussion here: http://nobmob.com/node/19593 Although this is a RPITA, please take a positive note from it... "This is where the positive lies... most of the opponents of sustainable riding are confused about what it means and what...
  9. raintonr

STOLEN Cannondale Rush Team Issue stolen from St Leonards, NSW

Sometime this week someone walked past all the cameras in our building and through 2 security doors, cut through a Kyrptonite Cable and walked out with my Cannondale Rush. They left the Yeti (probably because the fork is being serviced and wasn't attached to the bike) and Pratiwi's Trek...
  10. raintonr

Friends of Narrabeen Lagoon Forum 22/11

Skeptical I'm rather skeptical about the benefits for riders here. Anyone remember this thread... http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?178151-National-Parks-Press-Statement-June-25-2009 ... and the related NPANSW press release it discusses...
  11. raintonr

Blackbutt Forest Reserve - Shellharbour (updated with Video)

No, but one may wonder if perhaps AROC got special dispensation for their event? And which specific trails did that event take in? Most reserves are meant to be regulated by a plan of management, but I cannot find one on the council's website. You might find this pedantic, but as we have...
  12. raintonr

Blackbutt Forest Reserve - Shellharbour (updated with Video)

Is this authorised for riding? Hate to bring this up, but are these trails authorised for riding? I found a map put out by Tourism Shellharbour that shows only two main firetrails, the rest marked as walking tracks. I also found this document on the Shellharbour Council website...
  13. raintonr

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

Mar 23 OOps... sorry... the meeting is Mar 23. As it stands the closure will last _at least_ 6 months.
  14. raintonr

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

I just don't know how to put this, so am going to just get straight to the point: Manly Warringah Council have decided that due to a bureaucratic error that happened many years ago the single track sections of the Manly Dam circuit have never actually been technically legal riding. As such...
  15. raintonr

Manly Dam Works Feedback

Not really. If you look back over the posts from the last few days you'll see the majority of them are telling you that you are wrong. Seriously, just give it up and stick to discussing your home turf.
  16. raintonr

Manly Dam Works Feedback

Perhaps you could go and take a look then? You're not meant to ride the steps. They are for walkers. The boards can be very slippery under certain conditions, whereas the underlying terrain (as I previously described) was not. To sum up, if you still don't get it: the land manager has created...
  17. raintonr

Manly Dam Works Feedback

If we're still talking about the steps coming down to the hyrdo lab then the issue is this: - There didn't used to be any steps, or boards or anything in this area. There were some nasty roots and a pipe to catch you out. The unwary could easily OTB there. Just another natural(ish) obstacle -...
  18. raintonr

Looking for riding buddies

act.nobmob.com Due to popular demand there is now an ACT only version of NoBMoB: http://act.nobmob.com/ This is basically the main site, but with only rides on the Canberra trails listed. It doesn't get much use... but you could change all that, eh? ;)
  19. raintonr

Manly Dam Works Feedback

Check your facts Instead of speculating on why the local trails were closed why don't people here look at the current situation and think what they can do about it? They can lobby the authorities. They can be courteous and law abiding. They can turn the poor image mountain bike riders have in...
  20. raintonr

Odd Working for me :)