Search results

1. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

5D3 24L 35L 85L 135L 28-300L I would say the 135 was the main lens, second the 28-300 followed by the 24. I still can't believe I didn't take the 7D for the extra bit of length
  2. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Finally finished making up my photobook for my Kenya and Tanzania trip. TAKE A LOOK
  3. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

I thought I might update the fine folk in here of my Africa Trip http://davisuals.tumblr.com/ A few faves:
  4. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Currently travelling through Kenya and Tanzania. A photographers paradise. Trying to upload photos as often as I can: http://davisuals.tumblr.com/
  5. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Alan, not sure how decent the Ikelites go in the surf but rated to 60metres I believe - If you're interested I have a 7D for sale... Talk to me on facebook if you're interested. On another note:
  6. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Most likely Kenya and Tanzania. I have considered hiring a lens, but its the same issue. Flying to Africa is easy enough with all the gear, it's the smaller internal flights that is the killer (I feel it's a bit of an arbitrary thing in the sense that my brother weighs literally twice as much as...
  7. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey all, I have an incredible opportunity to go back to Africa at the start of next year. I went when I was quite a bit younger and couldn't take an DSLR at the time and this time I will not be making that mistake. I want to take every bit of my kit that I can, but unfortunately I will end up...
  8. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

My turn for a Milky Way shot - went camping up at Yagon (Near Seal Rocks). The orange is a thunderstorm near Newcastle while the blue in the waves is that iridescent algae.
  9. Gluey_trails

The stupid questions thread.

What jurisdiction is there on carpark fines (Westfields etc.), as in who is likely to chase after the fine? My girlfriend just received an exorbitant fine ($100+) for parking in an area which had a time limit (unknown until she received the ticket) where the remainder of the carpark does not.
  10. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Went to the zoo. Saw a lion. Took a photo. Again, calling for any crit.
  11. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Time to chime in here. Having met tristan before and knowing his iron fist opinion in here (Macro flowers anyone?) I am not offended by what he has said. His thoughts are as valid as anybody else's (your's included). Saying "feedback wanted" is always going to get mixed reviews. After all, it's...
  12. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

All taken on board Tristan, I appreciate the honesty. I suppose my reasoning behind the firsts composition was to try and add a little context to the shot of him within his own environment. Knowing that he trains in the ocean pools at sunrise most weekends I figured that was something worth...
  13. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Was up nice and early to shoot some portraits this morning for an old mate from school. He'll be swimming from Devenport, Tasmania to Wilsons Promontory, Victoria (300k+) Would love any feedback
  14. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Hi guys, looks like I'm double posting so please excuse me. I'm wondering if any of you guys use any online galleries which also supports the purchase of the photos. I know that Zenfolio provides this service but I'm wondering if there are others... Any race photographers? etc?
  15. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Hi Guys, Just thought I'd see if anyone in here may be interested in purchasing 7D and 7D Ikelite housing. I used the housing once and have since left it in the box. Open to all offers
  16. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

It's called the Photo Snob Thread for a reason. I like to see passionate people defend their techniques/ critique others. I know next time I do use VSCO I will be considering my approach to it differently to how I would have before reading heavyp's posts. But to add possibly another element...
  17. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey Man, I have all of them so not entirely sure which package it comes from, but it's the C - Fuji Neopan 1600
  18. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Follow up look book thingy to the last photo: http://issuu.com/williamdavis5/docs/denning_pryce_2
  19. Gluey_trails

The Photo Snob Thread

Pretty happy with this... yes yes, VSCO.
  20. Gluey_trails

Women, etc.

So I'm not sure how old you are but I'm going to take a stab somewhere between 17-22 (I'm 21) and I suppose that's somewhat the age group that my observations revolve around. My apologies if this doesn't really apply at all. I feel I have a pretty strong understanding of friend-zoning and...