Search results

1. lebronmtb

What have I done wrong, and how do I fix it?

Damn I'm getting confused now, is the way the wheel is built now a correct 1x wheel or do I need to change something?
  2. lebronmtb

By L and R do you mean drive side and non drive side? because at the moment the sides are alternating, and the spokes only cross one time. I might just pull the whole thing apart and post up a pic like you said
  3. lebronmtb

I'd like to build a 2x wheel because I've built many 3x wheels before and wanted to try something new, also it's a 28h rim which is more suited to 2x or 1x apparently. Edit : can a 3x wheel be laced on a 28h hub? Can my current spokes be used or are they only suitable length for 2x see as that's...
  4. lebronmtb

do I have to unlace the whole wheel or just rearrange the inside spokes? anybody aware of a good guide for a 1x or 2x building online? or could somebody edit my image on paint to explain what should go where?
  5. lebronmtb

Slackening Head Angle?

Im aware spacers wont work but they will change the head angle, if the front of the frame goes higher and the back stays the same the headtube will slacken, it would be the same as having taller forks but yeah unsafe.
  6. lebronmtb

Hi all, I've built this wheel up and I having a feeling something is not right with it, its a 28h wheel and the spokes only cross over the one time seen in the photo seen below. Can somebody tell me if this is a 1x, 2x or nothing at all and what I need to do to fix it? Thanks
  7. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

I think we can all keep dreaming on the panasonic frame :p
  8. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

Is that frame 27" or 700c, I was under the impression their both 700c with 700c forks?
  9. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

The bike frame and fork angles stay exactly the same when the wheels change, just the height of the bike overall will change, shouldnt feel any different at all really. Mine feels different to yours because they are totally different frames hence having different geo. The brake will only fit a...
  10. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

That frame is 700c not 27", because I put my new ultegra brakes on it and they fit my 700c wheels perfect. But another reason to have a 700c fork with a 700c wheel is that if you want to run a front brake you can I guess. Also would the geo even change? Wouldnt the bike just be slightly higher...
  11. lebronmtb

MTB/Boyproof phone under $200

se w880i, I bought mine used for 160, stainless steel front, rubber back, cant go wrong
  12. lebronmtb

Surly 'round OZ

good on ya mate, I'm currently planning to do that same thing but more of a loop around victoria, or just to albury and back. Can I ask what tent and supplies you are planning on taking?
  13. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

Sram are bringing out a new hub that is fixed and freewheel but single sided. It has a locking mechanism inside it so you just flick a switch to go from fixed to free. It's a pretty good idea, better than a flip flop hub in the sense that you dont need to remove the wheel. Only downside is that...
  14. lebronmtb

Can i use old skool record levers with brand new ultegra calipers?

Well ultegra calipers seem to be the best calipers I can get my hands on for under 150, and I was looking at a bar and stem combo that already had record levers. I'm using downtube shifters so that wont be a problem
  15. lebronmtb

I was going to say! I thought it would be fine but just wanted to be 100% before I bought the calipers. Cheers Mate
  16. lebronmtb

Yeah basically as the title states, Looking at using some old skool campag record levers with brand new ultegra calipers? Are there any issues with this?
  17. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

I would seriously like to see somebody balance on the spot without brakes or fixed gear, I dont think jf made some sort of farfetch'd call by asking about it
  18. lebronmtb

What freehub and where from for cheap?

I'm actually not sure as of yet, i've got a feeling its going to be a screw on cluster as opposed to one that slides onto the freehub
  19. lebronmtb

What freehub and where from for cheap?

Hi all, Recently bought a dura-ace road hub and need a 6 or 7 speed freehub for it, the hub can handle english or italian threads. What would be my best option for $100 give or take?
  20. lebronmtb

The Fixie Thread

You can run both but the rear brake really isnt that effective, still cant hurt to have it there though. I would think the main reason justin runs one is because his hub is flip flop