Search results

1. Australia

New bike to return to MTB after a long lay off

Hi all, It has been far too long! (Long story short, I have been living in London and got way too into road bikes due to lack of nearby MTB tracks [and I couldn't justify owning a car in central London just to drive to MTB tracks]). Having now returned to Sydney (in hotel quarantine as we...
  2. Australia

Replacing a frame

Hi all Due to an issue involving crunched carbon, I appear to be in the market for a new frame. After many years of faithful service my 2013 Giant Anthem X Advanced 0 frame may now be unsafe to continue riding https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-x-advanced-29er-0-2013 In selecting a new...
  3. Australia

Replacing whole drive train

Hi guys I'm riding a Giant Anthem X Advanced SL0 29er (2013) (example specs: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-x-advanced-29er-0-2013) Unfortunately the drive train is rooted. Chainrings have never been replaced (in spite of multiple 24hr solos and general riding) Rear derailleur...
  4. Australia

Is anybody using a GPS tracking device for safety's sake when riding

Hi all, I do 90% of my rides solo. Which causes my folks no end of worry - esp in the evening. Obviously I always have a phone with me, but that wouldn't do a lot of good if I ever managed to KO myself or couldn't satisfactorily describe my whereabouts to an ambulance if I broke my leg...
  5. Australia

Tour de france fantasy game & tipping

Hi All, Its that time of the year again! Sign up to the TDF Fantasy Game Here: http://fantasytdf.sbs.com.au/team.aspx The Rotorburn league is: League Name: ROTORBURN Password: farkin Also, before stage one, lock in your tips for the following! Winner Yellow Jersey: Winner Green...
  6. Australia

What companies off proper MTB tours like Sacred Rides?

Hey all, As per the thread title: What companies offer proper MTB tours like Sacred Rides? I'm aware of Gravity Peru/Bolivia but I am more of an XC guy. I have also heard TwoWheelTours does some good stuff in Aus/NZ. My reason for asking is that I have a bit of time off between 11 June and 5...
  7. Australia

LOST Silver necklance and medic alert pendant - Awaba NSW

Hi all, I lost a silver necklace (maybe 70cm length) bearing a steel medic alert pendant at Awaba on Saturday 29/3/14 (Rocky Trail GP). Please call 04 11 266 942 if found. Cheers, Andrew
  8. Australia

International No more USA Cycling 24hr Nats

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usa-cycling-ends-24-hour-and-super-d-us-nationals ^Sad news for our US brothers and sisters.
  9. Australia

Inspiring Video/ I need to ride accross a mountain range

Just watched this video: //player.vimeo.com/video/80735548 Thoroughly enjoyed it, very inspiring... it got me thinking... I need to cross a mountain range (gotta complete the list!) Obviously, being based in Sydney, I don't have access to the epic alps depicted in the video - but I am sure...
  10. Australia

Patterson Classic MTB Track

Hey all, I understand HMBA holds the Patterson Classic MTB race on private land in Patterson. Obviously the track is not open to the public outside of those times. I presume its on a farm or something, has anybody had any luck turning up on the guys doorstep with a case of beer/ wine and...
  11. Australia

XX1 crank vs putting a NW chain ring on the middle slot of an old triple ring crank?

Is there any practical difference between paying top dollar for an XX1 crank vs putting a NW chain ring on the middle slot of an old triple ring crank set? -Andrew
  12. Australia

Cheapest Place to buy Ozriders Foam Grips?

Hey all, Where is the Cheapest Place to buy Ozriders Foam Grips? My LBS now wants over $40 a pair! :o Based in Sydney. Happy to go online. Cheers, Andrew
  13. Australia

Cannondale Frames

Hey all, Considering buying a Cannondale carbon roadie. Just wanted to know if I should be concerned about their crack'n'fail reputation or if this is a thing of the distant past? -Andrew
  14. Australia

MET Bike Helmets - Where to find in Sydney

I love MET Bike Helmets - they fit my oddly proportioned (asymmetrical skull) head very well. Chatswood (Northside Cyclery) is not carrying them anymore, and google is not proving helpful. Anyone know where I can buy them in Sydney? Cheers, Andrew
  15. Australia

Who wants to show off? (cross-post from trials)

Hey guys and girls! 17 October 2012 is Ride to Uni day at Macquarie University. We are having a day of bike related celebrations (slow bike races, track stand comps, bike polo, demonstrations, free breakfast etc) We thought that as a way to entertain the crowds/ attract non-bike riders, we'd...
  16. Australia

Who wants to show off?

Hey guys and girls! 17 October 2012 is Ride to Uni day at Macquarie University. We are having a day of bike related celebrations (slow bike races, track stand comps, bike polo, demonstrations, free breakfast etc) We thought that as a way to entertain the crowds/ attract non-bike riders, we'd...
  17. Australia

24HOA World Solo Championships 2012 cancelled.

http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com/worldchampionships/worldchampionships/2012/08/w24c-2012-cancelled/
  18. Australia

Need a short list for 29ers to test ride

Hey all, Just need some suggestions. I'll be choosing based on how they feel in the test ride. Am 185cm, 84kg After: Carbon Hardtail 29" XT Drivetrain/ Sram equivilant Enough give in the frame that I won't die in an 8hr solo Would like to spend <3000 if possible. I've already...
  19. Australia

Riding in or near Bowral

Hey all, I have three days in Bowral, NSW. I will have a car and my choice ONE of XC/AM/Road bike to take with me. Which bike should I take and where should I ride it? Cheers, Andrew
  20. Australia

Rounded Allen Bolt in SPD Screw

No bolt showing, can't grip it with pliers. Suggestions?