Search results

1. wolfjjj

Bike Thief Gets Destroyed

Saw this earlier this morning and thought it was pretty amusing ... http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936094
  2. wolfjjj

Stopping White & Yellowpages Delivery

Hey All, Just came home today to a bunch of Yellowpages directories having been delivered to my house .. oh joy. I can't say I've opened one in the last 10 years and every year they just go into the recycling bin but it seems like a waste. Anyway I've tried to unsubscribe from having them...
  3. wolfjjj

Performance Gains ... Cheaper Vs Higher priced roadies

Ok sorry if this has been done before, I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Originally when I started MTBing I had a hardtail and after a few years upgraded to an Anthem 0, the performance gains were pretty impressive, almost overnight I gained about a 3kph average speed (over...
  4. wolfjjj

Alpine Assault 100km (Falls Creek - Mt Beauty)

So it looks like we have another 100km marathon in Victoria ... The Alpine Assault on Dec 5 ... http://www.alpineassault.com.au/ Not much in the way of details, only the date and it's around 'Falls Creek - Mt Beauty' Anyone got any more details on it? rough idea on the route etc Cheers
  5. wolfjjj

Tour de Burbs - Road Ride

Afternoon, Just wondering if any rotorburners make it along to the Thursday night Tour de Burbs in Melbourne. I'm not much of roadie but it's a good workout and I usually end up being pretty broken but it all seems to be good for the fitness. Anyway anyone else here ride it regularly...
  6. wolfjjj

Wombat Track Status? Wet/Muddy?

Morning All, Anyone ridden the wombat track recently? We've had a bit of rain recently and I had planned to head out there tomorrow but as it can get a bit muddy I'd rather avoid it if it is too wet (to avoid damaging the trails further etc) Cheers
  7. wolfjjj

XC Riding in the US ... in November

Morning Folks, So my gfs sister is getting married and we're going along, originally it was going to be in July so I was thinking fantastic, make a slight detour and go riding in BC or Colorada/Utah on the way but that plan has been shot down and she's changed the date to November :( So...
  8. wolfjjj

Whistler XC

Morning, I'm keen to do a trip out to Whistler at some point soon and I know there are dozens of posts about it but I'm looking for an XC rider perspective on the whole thing (which I haven't been able to find in any other posts). DH/FR isn't really my thing but having been to Whistler...
  9. wolfjjj

TDF 2009 - Organised Bike Tour?

Well the tour is coming to an end for another year and I was thinking of possibly heading out to France next year to watch it for a week or two. I've spoken to a couple of people who have been before and they recommended trying to go with an organised tour, they had all done it by themselves...
  10. wolfjjj

UK Cycling Advert

Check this ... http://www.dothetest.co.uk/ Fantastic Ad
  11. wolfjjj

Best Car for MTBing

I'm thinking about buying a new car and key criteria are as follows ... #1 How well my bike fits in it #2 Cost (Initial and ongoing) #3 Reliable (Newer vehicles 2000 onwards) #n Looks Etc So yeah basically I've got a Hyundai Accent and it's great for bikes, it happily fits two XC bikes in the...
  12. wolfjjj

Removing Cassette and Rotors

Hi, I'm moving my cassette and rotors over to a new set of wheels and have a bit of a question ... both the cassette and rotors are centerlock, so I picked up the Park FR-5 cassette lockring tool so I can get them off assuming I'd be using the torque wrench to do them up but the torque...
  13. wolfjjj

Removing Deore Rotors

Hi, I'm planning to buy a new wheelset, i'm looking at getting it from CRC so it will be shipped to me and I'll have to move my cassette and rotors over to the new wheels. Moving the cassette looks pretty straightforward once i get the tools, I thought the rotors would be pretty easy but for...
  14. wolfjjj

Aligning Disc Pads

Hey, got myself a new bike and haven't got a clue when it comes to discs, I can see my front disc pads aren't aligned and one side is rubbing a little. I had a look around on the web to try to find some info on adjusting them but didn't have much luck, so anyway the shop I got it from is sorting...
  15. wolfjjj

Bike - Storage Shed?

I've just moved into a smallish apartment, ie not much bike storage so I'm left trying to work out where to store my bike ... Option 1 - Outside in "secure" carpark on bike rack ... Don't think it would last long out there unless I can somehow attach it to a car battery ... zzztt Option 2...
  16. wolfjjj

Weekday ride close to Melbourne?

Hey, just moved over to Victoria and looking for someone to ride with during the day throughout the week. Nothing hardcore just a xc spin for a few hours and the closer to Melbourne the better. Doug