Search results

1. Moggio

Sold Juicy 5 brakset plus pads $60-- $50 posted

Are these still available? Would be interested for $50.
  2. Moggio

Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Trail Build Days - 10th February 2018

Just a bump for this. So far there seems to be very little interest in this. If anyone is coming who has seen this bring loppers and any other tools you have. Apparently clearing back some of the overgrown veg as well as concentrating on doing small fixes on various areas with drainage or...
  3. Moggio

Just heard from BMCC that there is a build day this Saturday 10th February at Knapsack. 8am to 2pm with a possibility of a BBQ lunch provided (this is to be be determined by feedback). Adrian from Synergy with be working with Clinton on the DH. There is also the potential to work on the XC if...
  4. Moggio

Star Wars, The Last Jedi

I just thought this was great fun and I was thoroughly entertained and taken away for 2.5 hrs. It felt as fun and escapist as when I watched the first three films as a little kid (with three year gaps between them and no opportunity to watch them multiple times.) Some things that were a little...
  5. Moggio

Just been advised by council that this day has been moved to the 13th of January 2018 because of impending bad weather for Saturday and difficulty for scheduling for Synergy and some of us. Sorry about that for anyone intending to come along. Hopefully the January date will work better for all...
  6. Moggio

Yeah thanks miggle for the heads up!!! I nearly forgot about this... its been a long time. I have asked council for some details of what we might be doing but have as yet to receive a reply. If I get details I will post them up.
  7. Moggio

Snakes

That story is my fear. If I see the snake I have no worries, they are very predictable and no problem. Its that accidental situation that might occur where it gets surprised and freaked. Still admittedly they usually get off worse with a broken back and death if they are ridden over.
  8. Moggio

Electric Guitar

That book is a masterful effort.. just staggering. I learn't a lot about music notation as well from that book. Its still sitting buried on my desk. One great tool to help transcribing is a tool like "Transcribe" by Seventh String. Enables you to slow the music down, isolate sections to...
  9. Moggio

Electric Guitar

Playing with other people really defines what "playing a song" can mean. I have a friend learning who can't get through a song because he tries to get too detailed and precise and ends up falling short and giving up. Playing with others squeezes the music out and also really shows you where you...
  10. Moggio

Cancelled 26th August Build Day Just a heads up for anyone who was planning going to the build day this Saturday the 26th August that it has been cancelled, or postponed. We called for this because a lot of us were unable to make it from BMORC and also BMCC didn't have anything organised so...
  11. Moggio

I asked and it is committed expenditure for fixing the DH trail that is assigned to the budget each year.
  12. Moggio

Temporary Closure of Knapsack DH Track During Works. A message from the BMCC. "From the 21st June 2017 the Knapsack DH bike trail will be temporarily closed for construction and maintenance works. Helicopter operations are planned to occur on that day, delivering bags of stone directly...
  13. Moggio

Thanks to all who turned up and worked hard as usual as well as Trish, Synergy Trails and the Bush Doctors. We did a lot of planting in the area below the soccer fields as we have to meet certain environmental requirements as well. Over the last 2 years this has improved this area...
  14. Moggio

Can anyone who is coming who has a wheel barrow please bring it along as we will need to move some rock!
  15. Moggio

Had some feedback. We will be meeting at the Soccer Fields on Barnet St. We will be doing some planting to control the grass problem around the trail we put in below the fields. In the remaining time we will do some refinements of some spots in these areas. Probably some rock armouring in...
  16. Moggio

I ran into Adrian and spoke to him about the next build day on the 27th of May. For the XC we are looking at trying to put in a diversion on the short fireroad section south of Elizabeth Lookout (see pic below) that is eroding and widening horribly. This will be quite a big effort so the more...
  17. Moggio

Save Old Bathurst Road Mountain bike tracks Please vote

You are right, I think getting a plan with local business groups is the only way something sizeable could be achieved. Still it would be a massive undertaking to get businesses to understand what the advantages for them of such a plan, as well as dealing with resistance from conservationists and...
  18. Moggio

Save Old Bathurst Road Mountain bike tracks Please vote

Strangely our council has real problems in getting money from tourism. The best they have achieved are the parking meters around the Three Sisters at Echo Point which isn't substantial. We have pushed continually for the idea of trails to entice middle aged males with large disposable...
  19. Moggio

Recommend a Flat Shoe for Kids

That does look good.. will look into them.
  20. Moggio

Water packs out of vogue, bottles back in? Seat bags - return to the 90's?

I don't even notice the pack when I have it on. Its what feels natural, like having on a seatbelt. It feels weird when I ride somewhere without it like at the BMX track or short local trail.