Search results

1. Bodin

Post your 29er!

Even funnier is when I right click the image and "Open in a new tab" (Safari, OS/X), it rotates the picture 180 degrees, so it's *still* not the right way up. But you're going to need the dropper down, because now it looks like you're descending something completely vertical... WTF did you do...
  2. Bodin

2015 GT Helion Carbon Expert

I can't make up my mind, but that's mainly because I haven't done a lot of racing recently. So I'm hanging on to the XTC for the time being, but mainly because it's a 10kg race-worthy bike that I got for a great deal and I wouldn't gain a lot from selling it, other than a relatively small amount...
  3. Bodin

Post Your XC Machine

2015 GT Helion Carbon Expert My new ride: PYR thread here.
  4. Bodin

Well... I can't fault it so far. Is 26 dead? To me, yes, but there are plenty of religions around the world insisting that reincarnations are worth the wait.
  5. Bodin

Already have a 29er and bought this specifically because it's 27.5. I think bigger wheels might add the "tractor factor" that you get with a 29er dually, but would take away the fun factor I like with smaller wheels. The 27.5 wheels are a definite improvement over the 26 wheels I had on the...
  6. Bodin

Agree with the comment regarding the shock pressure. I stopped about 2/3 of the way through my ride and bumped the pressure up by more than 10% over what I started with and it definitely improved the ride. Regarding the price, it was an absolutely killer deal. I probably wouldn't have looked at...
  7. Bodin

My mates have been drinking the 27.5 Kool Aid for a couple of years and I jumped on one recently and rode a couple of unexpected PRs (and really liked it), so it kind of put my much-loved 2013 Trek Fuel EX9 (the last of Trek's 26ers) on death row. I was also hating the fact that I race XC on a...
  8. Bodin

Post your all mountain bike

Speaking of pedalling uphill, how do you rate the oval chainring? I have one in the mail on its way to me and keen to know whether I've made a mistake or not. It seems people love or hate them, not many "meh..." responses...
  9. Bodin

Post your 29er!

You've changed the tyres, right? :pound:
  10. Bodin

Post your 29er!

Dat's purdy. Has it been weighed?
  11. Bodin

VIC SOLD | (Large) 2010 Azzurri Forza Pro | Full Dura Ace | 7.8kg

Item: (Large) 2010 Azzurri Forza Pro | Full Dura Ace | Mavic Ksyrium Elite | 7.8kg Location: Western suburbs of Melbourne. Item Condition: Good condition, never crashed, well maintained and ready to ride. Non-drive pedal has been scratched from incident on another bike, but still fully...
  12. Bodin

Post your 29er!

Sweet ride. Kinda looks like a good candidate for a dropper post. Is that in your plans?
  13. Bodin

Virtually everything else on the bike is SRAM/Avid/RockShox (pedals are the only Shimano part?), so stick with the theme and go the Monarch.
  14. Bodin

I'm giving away my age (and prejudices) here, but it's still simple to me: XC = you finished riding where you started. DH = you finished riding at a lower point than where you started and there was some form of transport (shuttle/lift/etc) between the bottom and the top either before or after...
  15. Bodin

29er wheels

Excellent question. I'm still waiting to hear the answer. I beat the hell out of 2 pairs of DT240 hubs for years - even rode a pair of them across the Simpson Desert in 2004 and after a simple clean and service, they came up looking and working like new. Sold both sets on complete bikes when I...
  16. Bodin

Proven tubeless component combinations

+1, Bontrager rim strips are the duck's nuts. Failing that, my other trick is to grab a tube that's 1 size too small for the wheel, open it up right down the middle and cut it to the perfect width. Hey presto - a perfectly good rim strip. As long as it goes right up to the edge of the bead...
  17. Bodin

Post your Roadie

I have TRP HY/RD brakes on my commuter. The levers are 10-speed Ultegra. I hated them at first; couldn't get any real bite and ditched them for some old BB7s I had left over in the spare parts bucket. The BB7s were pretty much shot, though, so I reluctantly dragged out the HY/RDs again. Weighed...
  18. Bodin

Post your 29er!

Entirely respectable weight, given the build and capability. Certainly makes me think hard about what I *thought* my dream bike might be one day...