Search results

1. Bucket Master

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra

Work is still on going. Its not open yet, give it another couple of weeks
  2. Bucket Master

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra

And the link to the survey can be found below - open until around the start of September http://www.timetotalk.act.gov.au/consultations/?engagement=isaacs-ridge-trail-upgrade
  3. Bucket Master

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra (have a look in trail building)

There's a thread on this in the trail building section. Essentially the government are about to set to work on the Isaacs Ridge Mountain Bike Trail Network Upgrade community consultation and trail management plan.
  4. Bucket Master

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra

I've been lucky enough to be asked to be involved in pulling this plan together. Keep an eye our for the release of the Isaac's Ridge Mountain Bike Trail Network Upgrade community consultation and trail management plan in early August. Focus will be on Down Hill but the planning will...
  5. Bucket Master

Qld- Nerang trail status

Was great to meet many folks at Nerang on Friday re the Commonwealth Games. Hopefully we can deliver something particularly special
  6. Bucket Master

If you want to Ride Kowen/Sparrow now is the time

Don't Panic OK - So in all likelihood the trees at Sparrow have a good while yet. I do not believe that there is any clear and present danger. I have a very close working relationship with the Minister and his office and have been working very closely with Des Kowalski to highlight the...
  7. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Trail Building Thread

Yep, a very quick mountain bike related CV Been a professional planner for 15 year (urban, health and recreational) Riding mountain bikes in Majura Pines since 1991 (designed and build a lot of the trails in there too) Did much work (as a volunteer) planning Stromlo Forest Park Ran three 3...
  8. Bucket Master

I'd be surprised. 270k can be chewed through pretty quickly . My guess is something more along the lines of toilets, water points, a couple of DH alignments, most of the white and much of the green (fingers crossed). That's what will get the process started and then its up to the community...
  9. Bucket Master

Concept plan has been released Here is the Canberra Times article http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/majura-pines-improvement-plan-on-track-to-attract-runners-riders-and-walkers-20140929-10ne8q.html Here is the TAMS Website with the Summary, Concept Master Plan and Map...
  10. Bucket Master

Bruce Ridge ACT

Sorry for the rant but... Dodgy consultants writing dodgy reports and undertaking sham consultations... with only an environmental degree, a PhD and 15years planning (recreational, social and urban) experience to fall back on... doing little to actually provide people with legal sports to...
  11. Bucket Master

Still working with the ACT Government to get the master plan out and works underway. I'm hopeful that this can progress in the very near future. The e-mail contact for the guy coordinating the volunteer group is - majurapinestrails@gmail.com If you are interested check out the following link...
  12. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Consultation

Updates on consultation has been moved to the Trail Building section http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?281180-Majura-Pines-Trail-Building-Thread
  13. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Thread

Updates on consultation has been moved to the Trail Building section http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?281180-Majura-Pines-Trail-Building-Thread
  14. Bucket Master

First round of consultation was run in February this year. The draft master plan is pretty much complete and will be released for further comment. From the Bruce thread someone asked for the trail not to be 'old lady trails' or some such. The plan is for variety including easier trails to...
  15. Bucket Master

I thought I'd post in here as were are getting to the more pointy end of this project and there has been specific discussions in the Bruce Ridge Thread. There are/have been discussions on the consultation re the planning of Majura Pines in both the General Forum and the ACT Specific forum -...
  16. Bucket Master

Mont 24 advice

Disclosure: I am not racing or involved with SPE or any other cycling association (despite what my blurb says). I do live in Canberra and do ride these trails occasionally (for free). I've run some pretty big events in my time, in terms of MTB events there would be few who have run bigger...
  17. Bucket Master

Consultation on the future of Majura Pines

There's a thread on this in the ACT section but others might be interested in providing their input - you can find it here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?275238-Majura-Pines-Consultation There is a quick survey - will take you under two minutes to complete (unless you want...
  18. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Thread

No they thinned it because its a commercial pine plantation and they had the equipment available and in the area. Still no word on the scope of works (or much really) but I believe they want to finish the road works in the area prior to them even thinking about recreational activities in the...
  19. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Thread

It would not be a bad thing. I've written to the chief minister a couple of times (Gallagher@act.gov.au) but given I may be involved is further works it's no longer appropriate for me to keep on writing The sad thing is that the person who was pushing this to government is from the local...
  20. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Thread

I was approached to look at it late last year, but the Government have yet to move forward on it and I'm still waiting for them to identify a scope of works...