Search results

1. Bucket Master

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra (have a look in trail building)

There's a thread on this in the trail building section. Essentially the government are about to set to work on the Isaacs Ridge Mountain Bike Trail Network Upgrade community consultation and trail management plan.
  2. Bucket Master

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra

I've been lucky enough to be asked to be involved in pulling this plan together. Keep an eye our for the release of the Isaac's Ridge Mountain Bike Trail Network Upgrade community consultation and trail management plan in early August. Focus will be on Down Hill but the planning will...
  3. Bucket Master

Majura Pines Trail Building Thread

I thought I'd post in here as were are getting to the more pointy end of this project and there has been specific discussions in the Bruce Ridge Thread. There are/have been discussions on the consultation re the planning of Majura Pines in both the General Forum and the ACT Specific forum -...
  4. Bucket Master

Consultation on the future of Majura Pines

There's a thread on this in the ACT section but others might be interested in providing their input - you can find it here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?275238-Majura-Pines-Consultation There is a quick survey - will take you under two minutes to complete (unless you want...
  5. Bucket Master

Illegal Building in Black Mountain ACT

Hi All It has been brought to my attention that there is some illegal trail building and riding going on in Black Mountain Reserve. If you know who is doing it please ask them politely to stop. If you are riding there - stop. It is doing no one any favours and is destroying significant...
  6. Bucket Master

Stromlo Test Track

Had a chance to check out the two wall rides at Stromlo (no picks yet sorry). The big one is 15m long and is sweet. Throw in the container ride and the new 6.5m long, 21cm wide seesaw (and the other two seesaws on the test track) it's looking really good.
  7. Bucket Master

Canberra Centenary Trail open for consultation

There's information on this in the trail building section - http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?221291-Canberra-Centenary-Trail It's a 140km trail that circumnavigates Canberra. Suffice it to say the the feasibility report is done, the trail alignment is now up for...
  8. Bucket Master

Canberra Centenary Trail

Attached is the report from the consultants who put together the Centenary Trail report. No funding yet but we will see what comes of it... The full report is too large to pop on here (it's about 4.3 meg) but you can find a copy here -...
  9. Bucket Master

Bruce Ridge ACT

Canberrans are being invited to help formalise the cycling trails in Bruce Ridge Nature Reserve, Chief Minister and Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, Jon Stanhope, said today (well in December...). "The ACT Government is seeking community input to help formalise cycling trails in...
  10. Bucket Master

Consultation on the management of the Bruce Ridge cycling trails

The Department of Territory and Municipal Services (TAMS) is seeking community input to help formalise cycling trails in Bruce Ridge Nature Reserve. This will help determine which existing tracks should be maintained and how they should be managed for recreational use, while minimising impacts...
  11. Bucket Master

Stromlo Closed Too

The ACT Government advises that Tidbinbilla and Stromlo Forest Park have been closed due to high rainfall experienced over the last week. The closures have been made in the interests of public safety and to protect the sites. Both closures are until further notice. For more information...
  12. Bucket Master

Workshops dates for NPWS Discussion Paper

All I have been asked to facilitate these workshops and I have just been handed the dates. They are a chance for those who don't want to write to have their say (or for those who want an extra say). Theses sessions are short and designed to 1) allow you to express your point of view 2) have...
  13. Bucket Master

New trail dedicated to Canberra's Centenary

So this is something I have been pushing for for many years now - culminating with me working with Makin Trax and meeting with the Chief Minister and the opposition in December last year, and talking with the Greens recently. Its great to see...
  14. Bucket Master

Canbera/Capital Region Bike Survey

If you have been riding in Canberra or the region please take the time to fill this one out (about 5 minutes) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/82HTKML More information about cycling leads to more facilities. The guy who is doing the research is a road/touring cyclists and needs to know that...
  15. Bucket Master

Auto Alley Majura and boy wonder

Hey Folks Met with PCL today (Majura land managers). There have been some really dodgy jumps built on Auto Alley. Built from rotting logs, crappy dirt and crossing the Auto Alley track. If anyone knows who is doing this 'work' please ask them to stop. I am advised that the jumps will...
  16. Bucket Master

You wont see this at the worlds

But there will be rat patrol and their tall bike jousting Euros, bikes and leotards together at last...
  17. Bucket Master

Worlds Working Bee - 9am 15 August

Hi All With less than 3 weeks to go CORC will be running a working bee next weekend. Couple of little changes to the XCO course and work around the site will be done If you can make it - 9am Saturday 15 at the pavilion AB
  18. Bucket Master

Tails update from CORC

Based on feed back from other areas, here is a brief update on the ACT Trails situation (it might give you some idea of the amount of work on our plates) Majura pines - As a working pine plantation it is seen by the ACT Government as expendable, and is operating on ‘borrowed time’. The...
  19. Bucket Master

Stromlo Master plan - your ideas

Ok so the following was posted by The Bear a couple of days ago about the Master Planning process for Stromlo... CONSULTATION NOTICE Stromlo Forest Park Master Plan and Feasibility Study The Department of Territory and Municipal Services has engaged architects Cox Humphries Moss and urban...
  20. Bucket Master

Canberra CBD Urban Crit

CORC is preparing to hold its most central event ever. A crit race in the CENTRE OF TOWN! On Friday August 22, CORC will play host to a night of music and entertainment and of course exciting mountain bike racing under lights. In a promotional event for the World Cup and mountain biking...