Search results

1. G

Training tips while building for my first 24 solo

Yes I'd throw his program into your training schedule too. If doing a LW plan use his stuff for the core/strength sessions. I think the longer the MTB race the more important core/upper body strength is - so don't be tempted to cut that stuff out if you have minimal time for training, you'll...
  2. G

Training tips while building for my first 24 solo

The LW training plan (it's not really coaching) will be worth it, if mainly to give you the confidence that you are doing the right things. She also has a forum where you can ask questions about making the plan fit your schedule. As for fitting it all in - best to start getting your body...
  3. G

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

100% agreed. Had the same thoughts about those hardcore parents (they would have been freezing) and the bikini lady!
  4. G

Highland Fling 100 Mile vs Oaks Ingar Andersson benchmark

Hardtail is fine for the Fling, and actually better if you want to go fast. There's not a lot of rough stuff / rocks compared to other races.
  5. G

The Husky 100ker

http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/RaceTecResults/Results.aspx?CId=1&RId=573&EId=1
  6. G

The Husky 100ker

I did the 100k, suffered on the first half but then I think I got the hang of all the sliding around (or the track dried out a bit) and I actually enjoyed it. Very tough race due to the conditions but I'm glad I did it. :)
  7. G

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

And does does anyone know where to buy this stuff online?
  8. G

Jet Black 24 Hours 2011

Results are up http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/24-results.html
  9. G

Jet Black 24 Hours 2011

Enjoyed it I would never have thought I could enjoy an event in that sort of heat, but I did! Was in a team of mixed 4s, we did all just did single laps followed by pool/river/shower and double laps overnight when it had cooled down a bit. Very well run event, and definitely the most family...
  10. G

Trails near sydney's north shore??

Nobmob Or the Nobmob site