Search results

1. S

Need help in north east victoria around bright and harrietville

Dishee, great to hear that Mystic is still going strong!! I'm going to head back up soon for a few runs with the local lads.
  2. S

Otway Training

I had another go at the last 50km today, had to have a crack at red carpet as it was closed friday. Hats off to the forrest club members and world trail for for some great trail work!!
  3. S

Otway Training

I rode the second 50km yesterday in the 30+ deg heat, trails are in great condition with no post winter bog holes. It was a good indication of my hydration and fuel needs. I had a slight twinge of cramp on the "final fling" road climb.
  4. S

Otway Training

My training ride is from Apollo Bay up Wild Dog, onto and over Busty, back onto Wild Dog up to Tanybryn and back to the Bay = 35 odd Km. This week I want to add going back over Busty from the dirt/top side on the return run.
  5. S

What did you break in 2010?

I broke a DT rim, Fox Flux hemet, a pair of sunnies and very nearly my neck on my Xc bike, while trying to ride it like my Dher at Forrest last month. Old Dogs never learn....
  6. S

buller and forrest: trail conditions

The dog and I went for a quick lap around Yaugher this arvo and it rode like mid winter, loose and fun!! Stopped in for a quick Doppel Bock at the Brewery, very nice and a great reward for a cold and wet ride.. Found some riding gear and a camelbak at the trail head if anyone knows of the...
  7. S

buller and forrest: trail conditions

Stopped in for a pot of Red Duck Pale on the way home yesterday, not bad, would have had a few if not for the drive. Brewery looks great and will be a great way to wash dust from the chops post ride. A real beer after each ride, I just found my motivation to train more..
  8. S

Fast rolling 2.35 AM tyre?

I Had 2.1 high rollers for 6 months before switching to 2.25 nobby nics in march this year, both have super grip and weight is similar. I ride mostly at forrest, with some fire trail around home and the occasional vist to You Yangs. Maybe 1% tarmac. The nics roll a little faster, both wear at...
  9. S

2011 an Otway Odyssey

I rode the 2010 50km on a 16kg freeride bike, thats gone and I've dropped 3.5kgs with the new trail bike. 100km all the way this time around. Out for a lap of Wild Dog and Busty rd for my first ride in 6 weeks today, weather and illness suck!!
  10. S

When is it too wet?

Too wet you say, well down here in the Otways we have had nearly 500mm of rain in August alone. Every ride for the last two months has been a mud bath, fun to ride in, cleaning the bike is a biarch though. Wont be long till we see dust and Tiger snakes..
  11. S

best auzie mtb sites

Would be good to know of anyone having purchased off PureMTB, as It appears that they have my money and now have vanished. I could be paranoid but Many emails and phone calls have gone unanswered, for a few weeks now...
  12. S

nitelight's - how do they rate

Sure, it may be difficult to keep the stock levels up, but not answering emails or phone calls for 2 weeks, thats poor form in my books. If the shop has your money and can't supply product they should refund or offer an other solution.
  13. S

Opps, double post
  14. S

I thought that supporting a local shop that sells nitelights was the go. Now after waiting 25 days since payment, still no lights or word on the where abouts. I'm sick of the "next week for sure" BS. I think that OS shops may get some of my $ in future.
  15. S

Midrange XC/AM Bike Roundup 2009/2010

On the Felt Topic, a mate I rode the Otway with scored a Felt Compulsion2 for that weekend, 6" trail bike with good angles, solid feel and light weight for the package. For a very part time rider he smashed past so many on the decents and held on through the climbs. Worth a look.
  16. S

I just changed from Lyriks(35mm stanchion) to Revelations(32mm stanchion) in the last 2 weeks, the difference in stiffness is minimal. Both are 20mm axle, which is the key to stiffness for me. The Lyrik weighed in at 2600grms and the Revelations 1800grms, any stiffness lost is a good trade for...
  17. S

Half way through my XC/AM build, laced the wheels today and fitted a few parts. Just waiting on a saddle, rear mech and shifters. Will be testing at Forrest this Sat, should go great for a dirty stinking Norco!
  18. S

Knicks/ Tights Chamois quality vs Price

Recent upgrade to Sugoi bibs with the FXE chamois($200+ ouch),but what a difference for everything in the saddle area!
  19. S

I'm in the same boat at the moment with choosing a new trail/ all mountain bike and the choices are almost endless. What I wanted was a bike that can be tweeked to suit the different styles of riding I do. I have done most of my riding on a DH or freeride bike, now XC is the new addiction. So...