Search results

1. Bonnet

whats it worth? giant AC w/ fruit

maybe be buying a bike, just not sure how much it may be worth. not too sure on all the specs or details about some specs. here's a quick list. 2003/4 (?) Giant AC Chris King Hubs, front and Rear Hayes 9 8" F/R Marzochi Shiver Single Crowns rock shox deluxe??? rear shock titec riser bars not...
  2. Bonnet

12" Red Bull Bike! w/ DEEMAX!

Had some spare time and some extra cashola. The frame was found about 1 year ago in the council rubbish pick-up, the rest of the bike i found last last week in the same thing. All up cost me about $25 in paint and decals. Im pretty happy with the outcome, will take my time and be a bit more...
  3. Bonnet

Its a big ad..

This has been kicking around for a while now...surprised it hasn't surfaced here yet. www.bigad.com.au ASH ps- if link dosent work. copy and paste or type it into your browser.
  4. Bonnet

T'd'France "bad stuff"...

hmmm, saw this whilst cruising the net... i didn't catch this stage...three or four i missed i suppose. post up any other pics of "bad stuff" you may have seen. http://photobucket.com/albums/y46/lovebunny1201/?action=view&current=0012.jpg ASH ps/disclaimer: im not a sadist, just thought it...
  5. Bonnet

Night photography

I just recently bought a new camera for happy snaps (a Nikon 5900), and well felt inspired by Spoolins great photography in his 24 thread. I used one of the slow shutter modes and blurred one photo, then cut and paste a sharp photo over the top. (no photoshop used to blur, only cut and paste)...
  6. Bonnet

Raceline rocket!

hey all, Recently built this up using my old Raceline XC frame. goes like a rocket, great fun to ride. SS commuter! short spec list: Frame: Raceline Enduro XC Wheels: Alexrims, Ace-18's Tyres: Maxxis 26 x 1.25 detonator. (great tyres) Fork: Manitou Six super (never been used. $100) Stem...
  7. Bonnet

Speed Limits

Watching the report on the wheels of justice ride on CH10 news last night (perth edition) i heard a call alledgedly made by cyclist that the speed limit on 'main arterial roads' be lessened to 50km/h. i think this is useless, what effect does it have on us (commuting cyclist) what speed the...
  8. Bonnet

12" bike susp. forks (Nothing to do with 12"travel forks)

does anybody know if anyone imports/ sells susupension forks for 12" kids bikes? they dont have to be any good, ie huffy level. but i'd really like to get a pai for a project bike. cheers in advance ASH edit- title
  9. Bonnet

Dee Max pics/logo

hey this is a wierd request, im wondering if anyone out there can take a photo of their DeeMax wheelset logo, the part that says deemax on the actual rim. its for a project of mine. i've scoured the net and cant find any decent shots of the rim from an appropriate angle. basically side on and...
  10. Bonnet

product review section

just a quick thought, probally not feasible though. how about adding a new section with user product reviews, similar to MTBR.com but of course not as large. eg- Frames -HT -broken into brands or intended use -Dual sus. -broken into brands or intended use Drivetrain...
  11. Bonnet

HONE help?

Im getting a new set of cranks fairly soon, and need a little bit of help with bashguards...and a few other questions ;) first things first, are the shimano LX and HONE cranks exactly the same? they are the same price, look the same etc...but are they? two- when buying the HONE, are you...
  12. Bonnet

Trials Cranks (stock)

hey, ive done a search and havent come up with much useful info. i ride a PX zebdi and my firex cranks are kaput!, they've done me absolutley fine until now, the BB/Cranks interface has been rounded out through my own fault...not the cranks fault, i rode on it with loose crank bolts because i...
  13. Bonnet

largest open water race in the world!

hey all, just want to let you all know that the Rottnest channel swim is on this saturday the 19th of Feb. it is touted as being the longest open water swim and attracts over 2300 competitors...of which i am one. the course is 19.2km of open water from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island...
  14. Bonnet

Live Strong Bands

Who has one? Many of you may know about these, or you may not. if you dont then this is the place to be - http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/index_f.html They've been around for some time now and im not sure how much money has been raised, well over 2.5mil im sure from what i've heard. its a...
  15. Bonnet

quick vid cap sequence

hey, i know this pic is already in that "how high can you bunnyhop" thread, but i thought i would re-post it in phat snaps. its just a quick sequence jobby of a bunny hop of mine. nothing special, but i think (trying not to sound self righteous) it shows a good technique for bunny hopping...
  16. Bonnet

10spd?

well its been done with Dura-ace and now even Ultegra, when do you think the advent of 10spd XTR or XT will take place? thats not too say that we need it or even want it, but i remain confident that shimano will introduce it sometime or other, and in saying that, people will be buying it...
  17. Bonnet

Salsa bike special?

hey, i heard briefly at work today that Dirtworks are doing a salsa special...buy any one of their MTB frames and get a free set of armour hydro discs with it. can anyone confirm this, as it wont be until tuesday that i'll be back in the shop to check it up. wouldnt mind picking up one of...
  18. Bonnet

G-out Forces?

hey, i was just reading Acadians review of his new 05 Boxxer WC. In his article he mentioned 'g-out forces' http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op=articleview&id=2298 i understand the whole concept of G forces and inertia, momentum and all that jazz. (i am a semi-qualified Private...
  19. Bonnet

Shimano Hydro levers

Hey all I have a Deore brm-555 hydraulic caliper, and a deore lever and have had a lot of issues with air in the system. i have bled and re-bled it numerous times to a point where i am certain there is no air in the lines or trapped in the caliper and what not. the lever is nice and firm and...
  20. Bonnet

Zebdi Mk4

Hey everyone, i know theres another thread for my bike, but thats kinda old and i've done a few component upgrades since the last time (and got a decent camera) so heres my bike...again, but better. specs are: PX zebdi mk4 521/xt front 521 formula rear Duke XC Shimano brm-475 cable...