Search results

1. bodgie

7 Speed STI brake/shifter (SORA/RSX)

Item: Looking for a set of shimano 7 speed sti brake/shifter levers. Location: Wollongong, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on what you got/condition Extra Info: - 2 types of 7 speed shimano STI's were made, i'm interested in either. Shimano RSX and older SORA, if you got either hit...
  2. bodgie

SRAM Attack 8 speed shifter

Item: SRAM Attack 8 speed rear shifter Location: Wollongong Price range/Willing to Pay: $25 or so, will pay post.
  3. bodgie

Brake adapter question

Yeah theyre not anything great, heavy, annoying to adjust and not much power. Just wanted a cheap set of discs to do the job. Wanted to stay away from v brakes because i have a tendancy to be hard on wheels so was worried about them buckling and the v's being a pain to set up with buckled...
  4. bodgie

Brake adapter question

Hi guys. Piked up a cheapo set of mechanical disc brakes for a singlespeed commuter/pub bike i'm building up and just having a problem aquiring a brake adapter and am unsure on the specific type i need. The brakes are Promax dc-600. One of the calipers came with an adapter but the other...
  5. bodgie

XC Avanti Singlespeed XC build up

Update Havn't updated in a while but heres the current state. Mostly done just waiting on a couple of things to finish it up. All i need at the moment is a rear brake adapter to mount the back caliper and also my new saddle to come in the mail (current one is just the stock one from my Norco...
  6. bodgie

Reducers to change the head angle on a 2010 Glory?

The options i know of so far are the works components one, k9 industries one (talk to noskidmarks on here about them) and the new cane reek angleset. Im also looking into a set at the moment
  7. bodgie

32T Chainring 104BCD

Update again, most items found now just after a 32T chain ring, 104BCD, Preferably a singlespeed/1x9 specific chainring
  8. bodgie

Shimano M475 Hub - Alloy or Steel freehub

Good to know then, cheers all.
  9. bodgie

Shimano M475 Hub - Alloy or Steel freehub

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether the shimano M475 rear hub has a steel or an alloy freehub body. Just need to know if i can get away with a cheap singlespeed cog or if i need to get a cog with a wide body to stop it digging into an alloy freehub.
  10. bodgie

Frame Builders That Would Build a DH Hardtail, An Ideas?

No idea on where you could get it done but interested to see how it turns out. Any ideas on what geo your gonna have and what fork are you planning on pairing it with? Hardtail downhill is fun, although be prepared for your knees to cop a beating, with no rear shock your knees become your...
  11. bodgie

DH bikes in XL sizes

Possibly a Rotec, they're a fairly large bike
  12. bodgie

Norco Sasquatch - Hardtail DH Pig

Thought i'd throw up my main ride. It's an 07 Norco Sasquatch with a few upgrades, mainly use it for downhill but for the meantime basically serves as my bike for everything whether it be DH, DJ, commuting duties, XC not so much since this thing weighs a ton and even if it didn't my fitness is...
  13. bodgie

Been a bit lazy lately. Finished sanding the frame, but decided i was too lazy to bother polishing it so just gonna leave it raw as it is for the time being. Got seatpost and seatclamp and also forks (cheers to 99coconuts for hooking us up with them). Seatclamp is a GUB one from ebay and...
  14. bodgie

NSW SOLD: 2009 Ironhorse Bootleg 3.0 full suspension XC mountainbike

Ah Dave's old beast. Owner rides like a woman and is a bit of a maintenance/cleanliness freak so should be in great condition.
  15. bodgie

2012 norco dh bike prototype review

integrated seat clamp is a nice touch.
  16. bodgie

$0 Fixie Build

Shouldn't need a tensioner on it. Jut a couple of links out of the chain. Dropouts seem to have ample room for adjustment to get correct chain tension. But definitely get that chain tightened asap, I'd be scared riding it with that much slack. Other than that nice find.
  17. bodgie

Yeah it's 6061 Alu. Anodised would be cool. Gonna see how it turns out after i polish it, might ano it down the line though.
  18. bodgie

Yeah most likely going to need a tensioner by the looks of it, unfortunately. Looks so much better without one. Going to get a singlespeed specific rear cog with the wider base as you mentioned, are the shimano bmx cogs that fit freehubs ok in this regard? Probably going to keep it all 3/32"...
  19. bodgie

32T Chainring 104BCD

New items added
  20. bodgie

32T Chainring 104BCD

Building up a single speed xc bike for commuting etc need a few parts Location: Wollongong Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on what you've got, just let us know how much your after and we'll go from there Extra Info: Not too worried about condition as long as it's not completely thrashed...