Search results

1. Brow

Happy 2024 burners

Happy New Year to one and all. I say this every year, but hopefully this is a better one than the last. Despite the rain and no riding, went to the tennis in Brissie, first time and it was pretty good. Having a beer now and trying not to think of back to work tomorrow.
  2. Brow

Merry Santa youse lot

Merry Xmas to everyone. Have fun and I hope the fat man brought you something you wanted. Was guuna go for a ride today but beers were calling as were the family from the pool, so a cool dip with beer was had. Grazing time now with plenty of leftovers from a big lunch. Stay safe, whatever you...
  3. Brow

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

I read that twice but still can't picture it my head and only on my first beer. Photo's or it did not happen? and I am curious to understand this.
  4. Brow

Derby in Tassi

Thanks @Stredda. Been looking further into the shuttles and the bike shop said should be ok for just turn up. Will definitely check out end of Station Rd. Might even be able to follow river onto Rapids trail or Lake trail down to the bridge. I could not see any tracks looking at maps. Got the...
  5. Brow

Derby in Tassi

Son and I headed for Derby second last week of Nov, his schoolies week celebration. Anyone ridden the shuttle road up to Black Stump? How long to do it ? average fitness, hiring Trek Slashes. Staying in a house on the north side of river. Will have a Ranger dual cab hired from Launceston but...
  6. Brow

Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

Sounds like some smart people behind it. A bit over $2500 AUD might be a good option for commuting using a hardtail and still be able to go out bush without it. I will be keeping an eye on them when released. Not going to pony up that amount, however, before it proves itself in the real world...
  7. Brow

The QUICK question thread.....

Who uses the locking plate/washer when installing new Shimano disc rotors?
  8. Brow

How many bikes does a Burner own poll ?

Got 6 complete and usable, only 1 roadie rather dusty from unuse. Gotta have these threads for some fun, I think.
  9. Brow

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I remember watching sidecars at Bathurst in 1986 - totally nuts. Some of the walls across the top looked a bit like that.
  10. Brow

Newly Released Bikes General

They forgot a step in the how it works section: HOW IT WORKS: Fill out the frame order form. Sell a kidney. Proceed to checkout.
  11. Brow

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Got one across the road from work in Brissie. Pity I got to drive home after!
  12. Brow

Little Things You Love

Ditto @pink poodle. I hope everyone has a better year than the last.
  13. Brow

Newly Released Bikes General

I gotta say it, @Wake Jake you are weird. and I don't think it would look even ok in any colour.
  14. Brow

Fathers Day

You need to explain that $650 on Fathers day represents much better value as a present than spending that same money on any other day.
  15. Brow

Fathers Day

For those who are fathers or even if you gifted your father today, what goodness did you get or give? I got a Pushys voucher, 2 Toblerones, Tim Tams, PJ's, note pads and a Dozen mixed craft beers. Beers are some I get most occassions like this and some new ones.
  16. Brow

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

When I was little (long time ago) all monsters were hairy. Not defending Dutton (I voted against him) and Voldemort was just misunderstood!
  17. Brow

beautiful bikes - post them here

Make it your liver and it will grow back = free bike!
  18. Brow

The QUICK question thread.....

D - all of the above and new bike time to get your head around it all. Nice looking hotrod you got there. Ooops, that was supposed to be a reply to @Sethius
  19. Brow

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

But in the public service there will be someone you can get to poke your eye out for you - with the right forms filled out of course!
  20. Brow

Yay! Santa comes tonight! Merry Christmas

Nice one Scrooge. To all those who don't hate it, be Merry and stay safe. I just opened what is the first of many cheerful beers, will be yummy food to eat and then more beers! 4 days of it before back to work.