Search results

1. Ivan

Bottle Cages with tool storage - What are the options?

Hi Burners, I prefer to ride without a pack on short rides, so I am always looking for the best way to carry the essentials. I have a good system worked out for carrying most things except for my multitool. I have seen that there are a few options available for combined bottle cage and tool...
  2. Ivan

Wheelset Suggestions - 30-35mm internal under 1700g

Hey Burners, What wheelset do you suggest that are 30-35mm internal, weigh somewhere between under 1700g (for 29ers), and costs less than $1500?So far I have found at Lightbicycle wheels with either Hope Pro 4's or DT swiss 240s, and American Classic Wide Lightnings. I am just wondering if there...
  3. Ivan

Cheap shoes for Flats

What shoes do you guys buy for riding flats, that are relatively cheap? I have been reacquainting myself with flat pedals, and my 9 year old Five Tens fell apart in a way that shoe goo won't fix. I am having heaps of fun on the flat pedals, but don't want to spend $200 on some new Five Tens. I...
  4. Ivan

SWAP XT brakes for Guides

I have two pairs of near new XT brakes (M8000 and M785) and would like to swap one pair for your pair of SRAM Guides. I am willing to negotiate on the terms of the swap. The reason I'd like to swap is that I would like to try the guides out, and I have two pairs of XT's Item full name and...
  5. Ivan

2016 World Cup Fantasy League for Rotorburn

Mini-League name: Rotorburn.com Password: farkin Mini league Prize: Respect and Adulation
  6. Ivan

Sram Eagle 12sp?

About to drop???? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=ZiALL1fnolk
  7. Ivan

Hex Keys - Wera Hex Plus experience

Does anyone have experience with the Wera Hex-plus allen keys? I was thinking of asking the missus to buy me some nice allen keys for Christmas, and these seem to be popular online...
  8. Ivan

NSW SOLD 2014 Specialized EPIC (Medium)

Item: 2014 Specialized EPIC (Medium) Location:Wollongong (Shellharbour) Item condition description : Very good condition. The only scratches on it are from when it fell over when I was taking a picture of it :Cry: and when my son knocked it over in the garage. Reason for selling : I've ordered a...
  9. Ivan

Which 140mm-160mm Trail/AM bike have you ridden that you found was the most FUN??

Fun-ness is one of those intangible qualities of a bike. Which 140mm-160mm Trail/AM bike have you ridden the you found most fun? Which 140mm-160mm Trail/AM bike have you ridden that you the least fun? What was it about the bike that you think gave it this feeling? Ill update the poll as...
  10. Ivan

Opinion: 1 expensive bike or 2 cheap bikes - which is better?

One of the eternal questions of MTB: Say you have $5K to spend, and your riding consists of everything from XC to All Mountain. Do you purchase two cheaper bikes (Secondhand even) or one nice bike? Are there bikes that can do that spectrum or riding competently, or is everything a compromise...
  11. Ivan

WTB Stumpjumper 29 Medium

Item: Stumpjumper 29 , in medium size, 2013 or newer. I'd prefer one without the brain. Location I'd prefer one in NSW or the ACT, but I would travel for the right one. Price: <$3000
  12. Ivan

SWAP or WTB SPECIALIZED CAMBER EVO

Item wanted: SPECIALIZED CAMBER EVO 2014 or 2015 in MEDIUM size Location:Anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Ideally if someone was interested in swapping for my 2014 EPIC, with a cash adjustment or spec adjustment that would be great, otherwise let me know your price Extra Info: something...
  13. Ivan

Enduro - Scotland

This is quick for a little bike. Dan Atherton. I'd embed the video if there was an option. https://instagram.com/p/3CMSHluxhv/
  14. Ivan

WTB - SPecialized SWAT box

Item: Specialized SWAT box Location: any Price range/Willing to Pay: Negotiable Extra Info: I am after just the box on the SWAT system.I already have bottle cages. [/PHP]
  15. Ivan

NSW [SOLD] Trance Advanced SL custom trail build

Item: 2012 Trance Advanced SL (Medium) Location: Wollongong Item Condition:Great, this bike has been used, but well looked after Reason for selling: Im getting a CX bike Price and price conditions: $1500 Extra Info: Carbon Frame, with a custom parts build as listed below. The parts were...
  16. Ivan

Where are you buying your ESI grips?

As the title says, where are you buying them? The postage price from ESI doubles the price of the grips, and my local shops seem to have a similar price ( and no stock) I plan on getting some extra chunkys this time.
  17. Ivan

Modern Mountain Bike Geometry Defined - Transition Explains Effective Top Tube Versus

http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Modern-Mountain-Bike-Geometry-Defined-Transition-Explains-Effective-Top-Tube-Versus-Reach,841 I though this was worth a cross-post This short discussion by Transition about geometry, specifically ETT and Reach measurements, is really good and is worth a read by...
  18. Ivan

Topeak EXP or DXP pannier bag?

I am considering the Topeak EXP or the DXP panniers for commuting. The EXP is $110 and the DXP is $160. Does anyone have any experience with either and any advice before I purchase?
  19. Ivan

Rigid 29er or Cyclocross Bike

[b]Item: [/b] Rigid 29er or Cyclocross bike [b]Location: [/b] Im in Wollongong. [b]Price range/Willing to Pay:[/b] ¬$1000 [b]Extra Info:[/b] I'm looking for a bike I can use for commuting and firetrails, so a 29er hardtail or CX bike. I don't mind if theres front suspension on the 29er. Im...
  20. Ivan

Add instagram code to vbulletin

Hi, Just a suggesh.... Seeing as a lot of World Cup content is getting posted on instagram, including videos, it would be cool if there was an embed button for instagram content. Not sure if its possible? Cheers.