Search results

1. B

8 speed specific Deore hub.

I'm aware of all the facts above. I have had our shop mechanic check out my hub and cassette and it's all A Ok. That's why I found it weird! I'm going to have to measure it and see. I need (want!!) a new wheel anyway so I'll get a nine then. Very Bizarre.
  2. B

8 speed specific Deore hub.

I've got an old rear wheel on my MTB which has a Shimano Deore hub (FH-M525) on it. It appears to be a weird size that will take an 8 speed cluster but not a 9! I know that 8 and 9 speed wheels have the same hub but a 9 won't get purchase on the lock ring. Has anyone else come across this...
  3. B

Narbethong track

Because Narbethong got hit pretty hard in the Black Saturday fires, is the DH track there still rideable or did it get burned out too? Has anyone ridden there since or has first hand experience on what it's like now?
  4. B

Unique mtb with rack mounts

Ok, I've bought an On One 456. I think that will serve me well. Thanks for all the advice
  5. B

I may dibble a bit with some basic Dirt Jumps on this frame so I'd want one that's not to relaxed for this. From a quick look I'd probably be able to get an On One Frame for about half of what the Salsa would cost me, is it worth it? Or should I just get the frame I want (pref. Cro Mo)...
  6. B

Salsa Fargo 26 wheels? I've been told the Salsa Fargo can be bought as frame only and run as Mtb. Anyone got any experiences on one (or something similar)? Otherwise it seems I'm kinda limited to the On One bikes and some reports on those guys say the frame quality aint what it used to be?
  7. B

Definately interesting. A distinct possibility. Cheers mate.
  8. B

Frame only. cheers
  9. B

??????????????????
  10. B

Salsa Ala Carte frame Medium, or similar

PHP Code: CrMo MTB frame with rack mounts willing to purchase and freight Depending on frame/quality Up t0 $600? more or less if bike is right!: Must have rack mounts, geared setup, disc mounts, : Something like an older Salsa Ala Carte frame would be perfect. Medium size...
  11. B

Salsa Ala Carte frame Ok, so the Karate monkey has 29 in wheels. so back to square one. Anyone know if the Salsa Ala Carte frame comes with rack mounts. One review said it did, but I think that was an older model. New one doesn't look like it does?
  12. B

Bash rings?

I stand corrected!! Always nice to see new products about.
  13. B

Bash rings?

Pretty sure you can't because you'd have nothing to mount the bashie to. You take the large ring off and go to a double chainring setup when you want a bashguard. Unless you backyarded some kind of dodgy attachment yourself?!
  14. B

G'day all, Thinking of a changing my old dunger frame with the baby seat / bike trailer on it to something more interesting. Hardtail, Mtb (pike's up front) but must have racks for baby seat or packrack. I'm running gears, and disc brakes. Thus far the only bike that fits the bill is the...
  15. B

large hardtail frame with rack tabs

Found , not needed anymore Hey guys, I've located a frame from Gripsport. John's gunna weld some rack tabs on for us so it should be sweet. Cheers
  16. B

large hardtail frame with rack tabs

I'm looking for a large frame (21 inch or L) to use as a clunker for my baby seat to go onto. It MUST have tabs for attaching a rear rack. Would prefer disc brake compatible but it's not essential. Also suspension forks to match would be ideal! Not fussed with the brand, Giant, Apollo, etc...
  17. B

2007 Giant frame----sold----

Sold? Apparently this frame is sold. I pm'd him and it's gone.
  18. B

found

NS Suburban G'day, I've got a NS Suburban frame that I'm considering selling. It's the 07 model in the blue/green colour. I've just gotta update my photos for ya, they appear to have gone. It's in great nick, I've haven't ridden it heaps as I've got chronic fatigue syndrome and can't ride...
  19. B

29er suspension forks with V brake mounts?

Thanks champ. Will keep those in mind, probably a bit expensive for this customer though!!
  20. B

The 29er thread.

front sus with v-brake mounts? I have searched for this but couldn't find any answers. Are there any decent 29er suspension forks with v brake mounts? Only one I've come across thus far is the RST m29. I'm not sure if that is available. It's for a customer in our shop who's putting them...