Search results

1. Chamelion

Derailleur confusion

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/deore-m6000/RD-M6000-GS.html https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/deore-m5100/RD-M5120-SGS.html The specs tell me the obvious stuff like the 5120 being 10 and 11 speed compatible whilst the 6000 is 10 only. What has me confused is...
  2. Chamelion

125mm 31.6 dropper post (can trade fox transfer 150mm 31.6 - kashima)

Item: As per title... no major brand preference as long as its decent Location: brisbane Price range/Willing to Pay: up for negotiation Extra Info: mine is too long for me
  3. Chamelion

FOUND thank you

Item: as above. Bought a used hard tail and realised when I got it home that the rear hub is about cactus. Given that it was a cheap bike I'm thinking the easiest way out is just a cheap rear wheel to replace it. Its 29", QR skewer, standard shimano driver (not microspline), 6 bolt rotor though...
  4. Chamelion

Dropper post

Item: Dropper post 30.9 x 150 Condition: Used but good condition or new please Price/Willing to pay: How much are you asking? Location: Strathpine 4500, but I can pay for postage Extra information: Has anyone got one of these lying around they want to make a quick dollar on? Want to get my son a...
  5. Chamelion

Found, thank you.

Item: 29" boost, 15/110 front wheel Location: Strathpine, Brisbane, QLD.... But willing to consider postage Price range/Willing to Pay: $0-$200 Extra Info: Just for my sons merida big trail 200. bought him some marz z2 and need a boost wheel for it.
  6. Chamelion

29" 130 to 140mm forks

PHP: Item: chasing 29" forks. Air. 130 to 140mm travel Location: brisbane Price range/Willing to Pay: up to 400 ish Extra Info:
  7. Chamelion

First bike in 12 years

Used to ride a *little* around 2008-2010 on a giant alias... she went OK. Dealing with cancer for the second time and I decided it was time to work on my health, so back into riding was my choice of physical activity. Picked this gem up for $1700... a little more than my budget, but that's...
  8. Chamelion

WTB: hard tail

After a hard tail for my 18yo son... requirements would be Item: After a hard tail for my 18yo son... requirements would be Large frame 29" wheels shimano deore/sram GX running gear Location: strath[ine Price range/Willing to Pay: $800-$1000 Extra Info: Cheers :) Matt.
  9. Chamelion

wtb: chainring... to suit sram XX1 cranks, 32teeth, 3mm offset

Item: chainring... to suit sram XX1 cranks, 32teeth, 3mm offset Location: strathpine Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $100 I guess, im not really sure Extra Info:
  10. Chamelion

Chasing chainring advice

Bike has a Hope Hoops pro 4 148 rear hub and is currently running a sram blackbox 6mm offset chainring. 12 speed cassette on the rear. Is that right? Or should it be running a 3mm owing to the boost hub? I do notice a little chain rub on the cassette in some gears... which Ive read could be due...
  11. Chamelion

Online site for well priced parts, tool sets etc?

Hi all, back in the day torpedo7 was my go to... just noticed that they got worse and left the aussie market. I know there is chainrecation cycles... but where else can I look for my bargain fix? Cheers :)
  12. Chamelion

returning after 12 years.. not sure what to get.

Hi all, Back in 2008 I bought a Giant Alias, it had rockshox dart 2, hayes sole and x7s... upgraded the forks and brakes along the way, but the rest stayed the same and was fantastic. Did everything I asked of it. Last time I rode was the kooralbyn 12 hour in around 2010, which I stupidly did...
  13. Chamelion

Tires for scott ransom 40?

Hi there, Recently purchased an essentially unridden 2009 scott ransom. Looking to switch the tires out for some that a) roll better on concrete as I'll be riding the local bike paths with the wife and kids too and b) are a bit better of an option for xc/trail riding than what comes on them...
  14. Chamelion

WTB: 80-100mm forks and disc brakes

Hi there, My wife has a Trek 4500WSD, 2006 model. It's had minimal use but the forks (rock shox Judy 2) have corroded heavily under the pain and the stanchions are nearly as worse for wear. Looking for a replacement set of forks. Not terribly fussed on having high end gear, it's just an...
  15. Chamelion

Issues with my mrs brakes

Hi all, The mrs is having some issues with her brakes. Specifally her *vomits* Hayes So1es. Problem 1: Rear brake lever has become extremely rigid and has little to no modulation. Completely random it would seem.. Bike was just sitting there doing nothing for about a month. Problem 2...
  16. Chamelion

Fork oil for marz exr's?

Hi all, Had an issue where my forks wouldn't exceed 70mm travel, far short of the 120mm they're supposed to utilize. I took them to the bike shop and was told it would cost $200 min to have them sent away and serviced. Fat chance, no thanks... So, I've pulled them apart myself and put...
  17. Chamelion

Brakes making a creaking sound

Hello.. I recently purchased some Shimano Deore M535's second hand. They were working perfectly for a few weeks. However, after my last ride off road they now make a creaking sound and if I depress the lever slowly it almost seems to increase the clamping force in steps, rather than a...
  18. Chamelion

Urgent: Hayes So1e brake pads

What: Hayes so1e brake pads.. Require 2-4 sets. Price range/Willing to Pay: They're $35incl freight on Ebay for 2 sets (4 pads).. Will pay up to that price. Location: Sunshine coast, but willing to pay postage. Extra Info: Required rather urgently. Cheers, Matt.
  19. Chamelion

derailleur hanger

What: Derailleur hanger to suit 07 Giant Alias. Price range/Willing to Pay: They're $28~ on ebay, so cheaper than that :) Location: Sunshine coast, willing to pay postage. Extra Info:
  20. Chamelion

gear shifter cable

Hello, My front der shifter cable lost it's little end cap thingymobob and has frayed out quite a lot, so I am looking to replace it. I just wanted to ensure that I'll be buying the right product. Product: http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/ALBHCNNPT If this is the right product...