Search results

1. N

I'm back and heading to Thredbo!

Hey Gals, I've been A-Wall for awhile but I'm back into it now and I'll be in Thredbo for the second weekend in Feb! If anyone is up for a few runs, let me know!
  2. N

Riding with hubbie

It's because men have some sort of riding gene built into them. Welcome to my world. My bf mentions how he's unfit and then goes out and smashes a 5 hours XC ride! I've also known guys who've never mountain biked take on all sorts of technical stuff. It's not fair! ;)
  3. N

Looking for Wollongong riders

Hiya! I live in Wollongong and I'm part of a group of very dedicated cyclists. I have my surges of major cycling and slacking off but I'm at a "get back into" time of my life right now. I know lots of XC, downhill and "hybrid" riders, both male and female. We ride all over and there's usually a...
  4. N

Thredbo Friends & Fam Weekend

Oh, I hate it when that happens! That was me who posted the last message (Matt was already logged in and I hadn't noticed). :p
  5. N

Thredbo Friends & Fam Weekend

Hey Gals, Are any of the girls from the last women's weekend heading down to Thredbo for the weekend of 19th & 20th April? Looks like Matt and I will be there. :o
  6. N

Bonius Pubuis!

Correction: it's the Pearl Izumi chamois that's like a nappy, not the Sugoi one (I was having a moment!)
  7. N

Bonius Pubuis!

I totally agree with Laura, go for a women's specific saddle before thinking about shorts. I have one on both my bikes and the other day I hopped on the boyfriend's bike and oh my god it was so uncomfy! The saddle was digging into all the wrong spots! As for shorts, whatever you do stay away...
  8. N

Women's Weekend - Thredbo 29Feb-2Mar

I'm so with you Laura! Thanks to everyone and always to Rob for being such a great instructor. If any of the girls from last week want to get in touch with me, just send me a private message or add me to facebook (look up Sarah MacMillan) and you should fine me! Look forward to riding with...
  9. N

Hey Everyone, I just spoke to Will at RawNrg and he filled me in on what's going on this weekend. There won't be any riding tomorrow (Friday), however if you're in Thredbo, stop by the Servo and the guys will check out your bike to make sure everything is mechanically cool and tell you...
  10. N

I haven't received anything either. I emailed RawNrg yesterday but I haven't heard anything yet. In the past it's started around noon on friday but I have no idea about this weekend. Let me know if anyone hears anything.
  11. N

Hey Laura and Monica, Still heading down to Thredbo? I'm all set, so if you're still going, I look forward to meeting you! Sarah :)
  12. N

My real name is Sarah and I'm short with dreadlocks.........hard to miss!
  13. N

Woohoo, I'm definitely going. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to meeting some new chix! (There will be a few single mtb guys with me if anyone is interested!) :p
  14. N

Still planning on going. I went to the one in January but I was the only one there, so I had private lessons for the whole weekend! Just got back from Canada, so I'm really in two minds. Will see.
  15. N

New to DH

Hey Jess, I just came back from my second Women's Weekend at Thredbo and it was awesome. You learn so much and my DH skills have improved significantly in a short period of time. Plus, I went from riding 85% of Thredbo to 100% and now I'm able to ride over anything because I've learned the...
  16. N

Back Riding/Women's Weekend

I'm so with you! Why does everything have to cost so much?
  17. N

Shame you won't be there, maybe next year! Good luck with the recovery and studies. I had a scare at Mt Buller last week but luckily I only came away with a concussion, so I should be alright for Thredbo!
  18. N

Ultimate riding

Hi There, I'm a Canadian living in Wollongong NSW (about an hour south of Sydney). We have awesome riding down here, both downhill and cross country. Feel free to stop by and we'll show you some great tracks. :)
  19. N

Hey Chix, I'm happy to say that after 7 months off due to gallbladder surgery, I'm back on the bike! Was wondering if anyone is planning on going to the Thredbo Women's Weekend in January. I went last year and had a ball so I'm planning on making a repeat of it next year.
  20. N

Introducing the Girls

Wollongong anyone? I can't remember if I've posted on this thread before but if anyone is from Wollongong, drop me a line (I ride XC and DH)