Search results

1. ikon

Last Hurrah! for a pair of 26" bikes

Not yet ready to give up on my old 26" beasties. A 4" XC dualie and a 6" HT Free Ride. what tyres would people suggst stocking up on before they go extinct? was thinking 2 pairs of Holy rollers for each bike and an aggressive dirt tyre or two for the FR. still got some good rubber for off road...
  2. ikon

Facing complete knee replacement, riding advice?

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try and keep this post up to date with my mini saga.. In the mean time I'll most likely be riding my free ride hard tail to keep active on . it's converted for street riding so it's not too aggressive.
  3. ikon

Facing complete knee replacement, riding advice?

So I just got some very bad news. I have to have a complete replacement of my right knee. I'm only 42 and really want to be able to ride trail and all mountain again. I'm not small. 179cm 108Kg heavy frame. Reason for replacement is a 40mm tumor near the base of my right femur. No way to remove...
  4. ikon

I don't get/understand cables on the underside of the the down tube...........

one of the main arguments for placing cable on the down tube is it gets them out of the road for when you pick up the bike by the top tube, you have a clean surface to grab onto and also dates from hanging bags on the TT for extra carry space.
  5. ikon

Trail/AM 650b OR 29er

further information: employment option opening up. this is both good and bad, more money means easier to justify price but harder to find time to ride, esp as home - work will be ~ 60Km each way that said there are more riding areas in the area if I get the job so rides after work are a...
  6. ikon

Trail/AM 650b OR 29er

well did a bike shop circuit, one said 29er all the way, but admitted to not riding 650b the other said try both. noticing there are very few classic 26" other than the really aggressively built FR/DH variants. lead choice bike wise are Scott Genius either 940 or 740 fits my price range, has...
  7. ikon

Trail/AM 650b OR 29er

OK after a new bike, one to do everything, from slow cruising to all day trail epics with a little of more adventurous stuff thrown in for good measure. I have 2 x 26" bikes and need to rationalize down to one. 6" Freeride hardtail and a 4" xc Dualie (a little too small, 17" need at lest 19"...
  8. ikon

GT Sanction

hey, finally pulled my finger out of my arse and had a propper look at the Sanctions, god dams nice, bit pricey but worth thinking about as an alternitive to the teocali i had my eye on. not making much progress with it sofar being bumped around buy CSG, i'll take a bit more time and look at...
  9. ikon

Newbie, which bike ???

Well you are buying at the right time of the year. 2011 bikes are all going on special and 2012 are now becoming availible. I would say that you need to write up a wishlist of features you want need, such as cable vs hydro brakes, fork features, i'd say ignore lockout unless you plan on doing...
  10. ikon

looking to buy bike from the US - not availble locally

well went and saw my boss about getting in a bike as special order, news was neutral. 3 - 4 month wait but it might beable to happen. so i'll remind him during the week. my biggest dilemma now is size, med or large, I'm 5'11" so not that tall but not sure if i'm tall enough for large, i also...
  11. ikon

yes, seen your thread about the GT and it's non-import status. let me know what headway you make and who you think i should squeeze to get the bike, really want the mega but would settle for an elite. there are two goose dealers in my area, i would hope that one of them could so something...
  12. ikon

great offer, but still a bit shy of the money, and when i checked today it was a very firm no that NO teocali's where coming into the country. if you can think of this being otherwise let me know and i'll see what i can do with my LBS, they owe me a big favour
  13. ikon

thought about that. i'm hoping that it would be a little more time consuming and that's all. just have to go through the mongoose rep
  14. ikon

Already worked out where i'm getting it from, where it comes into stock. still need to work out shipping with a remailer if they won't ship direct. when i get a chane to talk to goose about local stocks i will but i don't like my chances. I've ridden a few teo's and larger bikes and find the...
  15. ikon

GT Sanction

Yer i have to agree with what's going on in this tread. I'm still holding out for a 2012 Teocali, the new rear end on it has be sold. so unless they change their minds i'll be looking to import, which is a shame. I mean I work here and there in a bike shop that sell goose and the owner is...
  16. ikon

your views on handlebar extensions

yer, i run lock-on oury's with the outside ring replaced by a lock-on bar end, don't lose that extra little bit and they have really good bar tracktion run mine nearly flat for out of the saddle pumping but the are only stubby so not so much of a problem with obstructions
  17. ikon

yer i already looked into an '11 bike they are 20% off if i take a medium, think i need a large, right on boarderline. but i want the '12 for the changes to the rear end, stiffer stays and 12x135 thru. i ride a lot of fire trail hitting 70+ and some technical drops. i'd rather have the peace...
  18. ikon

It's nothing too flash, just a mongoose teocalli US Link Here
  19. ikon

Yer, i'm aware of the import tax, 10% cos it's over a grand. and the brake thing too, god knows why yanks run their brakes backwards. my main issues are about spending that much money, plus two lots of shipping and not having confidence that i'll get the bike. just extreamly miffed that...
  20. ikon

Long story short, mongoose in their infinite wisdom have removed the bike i want from the australian distribution list. looking to see if i can get the bike i want direct from a US dealer but i don't know anyone in the US to even get this started. has anyone had to resort to this before? any...