Search results

1. ForkinGreat

Interesting blog post by John Birmingham about health and what's really important

This John Birmingham blog post feels relevant for me. No current melanomas, AFAIK, but I'm sweating on some pathology test results for my GP visit early next week. And, all going well, I will shame myself into losing some weight, getting better sleep and riding more, even Zwift, as Melbourne...
  2. ForkinGreat

rear coil shock for a V2 Banshee Rune, would need 216 x 63mm

I missed getting one at the fox sale on Marz bomber CR coils etc They don't seem super available now, unless anyone wants to part with theirs. Alternatively I can get a DVO Jade Coil from ze Germans for about 560AUD ish (posted) or a DVO Jade X coil from NSD for $650ish, minus spring, but that...
  3. ForkinGreat

Trickstuff power resin pads (for Cura 4 brakes)

https://r2-bike.com/TRICKSTUFF-Brake-Pads-640-POWER-Resin-for-Formula-Cura-4 The product page says that they are 'semi-metallic' - a bit of metal in them?? I have always used sintered/metallic pads on my brakes. I generally understood 'resin' pads to be great in the dry, but suck arse in damp...
  4. ForkinGreat

VIC WTB: Crown race with 38mm ID

Item: WTB: Crown race with 38mm ID & 45deg to match integrated lower bearing. (Crown race ring that came with the integrated 1 1/8th- 1.5in headset has a touch under 40mm ID and doesn't have a snug fit at the base of the steerer.) I'm building a road bike for fitness, and the tapered Avanti fork...
  5. ForkinGreat

Theragun Black Friday Specials?

I'm gearing up to buy a Theragun pro. Best I've seen is $599 at Therabody, JB hifi , Bing Lee on eBay (think they are selling the gen 4 one??) Has anyone seen a better price? worth waiting until actual black friday. so many sales seem to start before then. Only the one on the Therabody site...
  6. ForkinGreat

Middle East situation

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyu8Y0iIT3-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  7. ForkinGreat

Shimano crank recall

Only certain road cranks, AFAIK https://bicyclingaustralia.com.au/news/shimano-australia-announce-voluntary-inspection-program-after-us-crank-recall/
  8. ForkinGreat

Marocchi Bomber CR shock spring advice needed

Keen to buy the Bomber CR to try coil on my banshee prime. specs say I need 185x55 trunnion, but what coil will fit it? acc to cyclinic's spring calculator I'll need a 650 or 700lbs spring, (because I'm a heavy khunt) 2.3in (stroke??) seems to be the closest thing to 55mm, (which is actually...
  9. ForkinGreat

Any recommendations for Centrelock to 6-bolt rotor adaptors?

The swissstop and shimano ones seem to be what's available locally and dt swiss. Are they all much of a muchness? is there one to avoid? I like the idea of the simplicity of the swissstop and dt swiss ones, the rotor sitting on six studs instead of having to be bolted in. They will be fitted...
  10. ForkinGreat

Ride Concepts clipless shoes need shim for Time and Crank Brothers cleats???

I bought some Ride Concepts Transition clipless shoes from Pushys in one of their big sales, and finally took them out of the box to mount cleats, and I see there is a sticker covering the cleat slots, stating that if I use crank brothers, Time or Look cleats, then I need to use a shim...
  11. ForkinGreat

Rockshox Zeb Question

Looking at a RS Zeb Ultimate for a Banshee Prime frame. What is available seems to be either 150mm or 170. Seems like 150mm travel is the sweet spot for the frame. Do all Zeb forks have a single common Stanchion length, or are there different Stanchion lengths for longer/shorter travel? RS...
  12. ForkinGreat

Hope pro 4 vs Pro 5 & do I need to go #%^#%^ boost now?

Soooo Burners, is it worth getting Hope wheels with Pro 5 hubs over the FA cheaper run-out Pro 4? Also, all my spare (New) rotors are 6 bolt. Any worthwhile reason to go centrelock? or is that some gravel-centric shit? And thinking that I might have to finally go the dreaded boost spacing so I...
  13. ForkinGreat

VIC Alpinestars Paragon Lite Shorts Black 2022 XXL

Item: Alpinestars Paragon Lite Shorts Black 2022 XXL Location: Melbourne Item Condition: New Reason for selling: too big Price and price conditions: $79 $65 posted Aus-Wide. No pickups. Bank Transfer only Extra Info: I like Valli Holl, but Myriam Nicole is still the one for me. Pictures: Yup **...
  14. ForkinGreat

Bit of surface rust on a new SDG bel-air V3 saddle

Bought from Commencal Australia this year. Finally grabbed it from a parts bin (stored inside, dry area in house) and saw some surface rust. sprayed some WD40 on the areas and rubbed with an old rag. repeated this several times/day for a few days. most of the rust has removed, but there is still...
  15. ForkinGreat

Floods in VIC - everyone ok?

NSW got hammered, now Victoria is copping it. Is everyone safe? house/humans/pets/bikes/vehicles ok?
  16. ForkinGreat

Home & Contents Insurance renewals...

Renewal notice from GIO for home and contents. came, and they were asking extorting us for 54% more than last year. FAAAAAAAARK :oops::mad: It must have been a bit fkg much even for our insurance broker, who contacted GIO themselves without us asking, to knock $93 off the premium. still about...
  17. ForkinGreat

is there anything like silicone that can be applied to gloves to improve grip?

The rubber or silicone pattern on my fave gloves has worn off, what can I use to improve braking finger grip on the levers? Does anyone know what mtb glove makers apply to the braking fingers of gloves to get that sticky rubber grip? & is it available at a non-ripoff price?
  18. ForkinGreat

Anyone Bought parts from Bike-gears in Hong Kong?

Anyone Bought parts from Bike-gears in Hong Kong? https://www.bike-gears.com/ Any good? or avoid? Some parts same as wiggle etc prices, some cheaper. but 1 month shipping, so not radically different from german retailers, apart from range of products. and only certain brands. Can pay with...