Search results

1. rd3

Sinister Splinter MX updates...

Added the new linkage and a few new parts to the Sinister Splinter. The new "super rod" linkage works great and is easy to adjust. The bike weighs in at 34 lbs.
  2. rd3

Hood Mussel - Rebuild

This was one of the first, if not the first Hood Mussel made (welded in New Bedford, CT USA). These are my favorite dh frame, inspired by the tube chassis of Ducati motorcycles, and built to last forever. The color is Army fatigue tan, which I really like once got it cleaned up. The gussets...
  3. rd3

Risse Lassen - race build

I updated the build on my Risse bike. Its a few pounds lighter than previously and feels a lot faster. Specs: •Risse Racing Lassen prototype frame, steel 4130 front, cnc aluminum everything else, adjustable headangle, bottom bracket height, and wheelbase •Risse...
  4. rd3

Sinister Ridge Redux

One of my winter projects was to redo my 2004 Ridge. The original orange powder coat on the frame was starting to look tired, so I decided on a color that would look like shot peened titanium but with a gloss clear coat, it matches my other bikes too. I plan to use the bike for all mountain /...
  5. rd3

THICK Bikes GT40

As soon as I put the orange pedals on, I thought Gulf GT40... Here is the end result... Frame is by Thick Bikes Made from 4130 steel, it has FBM inspired drop outs, Bontrager style gussets welded all the way around, a pierced toptube which extends to gusset and support the seatstays, and the...
  6. rd3

Spooky Project X trio..

Thought you guys might enjoy some photos of vintage east coast US Spooky downhill machines. I tried to build them with parts that would be accurate for when the frames were new. :)
  7. rd3

Straight 8

I took some pics of one of my more "vintage" bikes... the Schwinn Straight 8. I just added some parts to it to better suit the nature of the frame. It lost a few pounds in the process and feels a lot faster now. :) added: White Brothers DH2 fork 7.5" Ti low rise bars Intense DH tires...
  8. rd3

Sinister Simon Bar 29

I finally have a 29er! I love how it rides. :) Specs: •Sinister Simon Bar 29 frame by FTW 4.5lbs •RockShox Reba 100mm •Chris King headset 134g •Salsa Pro Moto carbon 11° bars 126g •Hope stem 157g •ODI Rogue lock-on grips with Straightline End caps •Hope Mini brakes w/ power clamps...
  9. rd3

Sinister Splinter MX

This has been one of my projects for the last couple months. It took me while to get all the right parts together to finally finish it, but it was well worth the wait. I needed a "all mountain, do it all" type bike for a while, something between my Trek Fuel and my full on dh bikes. When...
  10. rd3

Hood Mussel Race Bike

Here are some pictures of my Hood Mussel race bike. The frame is designed to take some serious abuse. Its made of 4130 steel and weighs around 16-17 lbs with shock. It was designed by Frank the Welder (FTW of Spooky and Sinister fame) and Jimmy Ponte (also former Spooky employee, welder...