Search results

1. M

Future World Solo 24 Hour MTB CHampionships

how's this for an idea ok I read the recent announcement by CORC regarding the alternate solo 24hr world championship race and I thought oh no here we go again, Mont vs Scott, club vs private promoter, 26 vs 29, ss vs geared. talk about a combative lot for such a small sport. So here are a...
  2. M

The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

Great Feedback hi Riders as the race director (not the race organiser), it is great to read this feedback. I'm sure that Self Propelled Enterprises will be taking mote of your comments on site logistics, showers etc. I thought that the layout of the camping area was great, and there was...
  3. M

Capital Punishment 2011

Other events and the weigh in / ride off What do you thinks about opening up the weigh in/ride off to other events. The issue would be that some races are harder than others, ie: last years CP100 as an example. I was thinking about using average speed as a measure of performance as opposed...
  4. M

Capital Punishment 2011

CP100 Weigh in HI team, (hey there is an idea, maybe we can get some jerseys made and call ourselves Team Fat Bastard - with sponsorship from jenny Craig or Lite N easy LOL) Sorry for the lack of replies, Work got in the way big time. I did the weigh in though - a huge 89.6kgs on the 19th...
  5. M

Capital Punishment 2011

the weigh in so those guys competing in the weigh in/ ride off category, ( there isnt one, im just making that up) we need to weigh in tomorrow morning. I for one have just gone out and brought a polar cs200 cad for some additional motivation. training starts tomorrow! ps Dave from Mont...
  6. M

Capital Punishment 2011

so with four competitors so far, the Power2weight race within a race is on, nothing like a good piece of motivation to make the race more interesting. I guess we need a prize(anyone got a sheep station), and a weigh-in of sorts. I'm thinking a digital pic on a forum somewhere of the scales...
  7. M

Capital Punishment 2011

weigh in and ride off Cool, now we have some healthy competition, and something to aim for, other than finishing.
  8. M

Capital Punishment 2011

Im In - who wants a challenge So it isnt sold out yet, I just entered and with a base of zero kms of riding due to working overseas, and a big fat belly I'd better start doing some kms. So my starting weight is 90kgs.....I wonder what 12 weeks of riding will get my weight down to. Any one...
  9. M

2010 Tour de Timor

Use of 29ers I noticed that there were a lot more 29ers this year at the Digicel Tour de Timor, anyone who participated want to comment on how they found the 'big wheels'? Were they helpful, did they hinder you. How did they perform on the HUGE Hills of Day two? Cheers MONTRD
  10. M

Tour de Timor Website now live

PRIZEMONEY US $80,000 Tour de Timor Huge prizepool for the Digicel Tour de Timor His Excellency, the President of Timor, Dr Jose Ramos Horta announced an increase in the prize pool of the Digicel Tour de Timor today, coinciding with entries opening online. The President commented “I am...
  11. M

TDT News Hi y'all Firstly apologies for the delay in opening entries, we are almost ready to go, however we had to wait for some good news developments from one of our airline sponsors. We will definitely be opening entries on MONDAY 7th June at 12 o'clock AEST. We are using Event Director...
  12. M

Hi Guys, The 2010 Tour de Timor has been officially announced and the website has gone live. Entries open on 1 June for the field of 300 international riders. A new course this year with some long days in there. Cheers David RD
  13. M

Shocking news breaking re Cape Epic....

Vale James Williamson Such unbelievable and shocking news. How can it be ? One of natures true gentlemen, who loved riding, was a great athlete, quite possibly the most unassuming World Champ ever. Truly one of Mountain Biking's Aussie Legends. James was a great rider, a tireless editor and...
  14. M

TOUR DE TIMOR Race Dates

After a very successful and tough first race, The President of Timor, Jose Ramos Horta, this week announced the race dates for the second Tour de Timor. The gruelling and adventurous 5 day MTB Tour will be held over the week of 13-18 September 2010. More details re: flights, food, accommodation...
  15. M

Hard Bicycle Cases...

Bike Bags Having seen a huge variety of bike bags at the recent Tour de Timor I can say that I was impressed with this one https://www.bikebag.com.au Plus it is a local Canberra company. Having the drivetrain off the ground is a winner in my opinion. Cheers
  16. M

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

Sold out Yep the MONT is full, 2400 riders all looking forward to another fantastic weekend of mellow Sparrow goodness. Come 27/28 March, the same vibe will be there, but even better we have a few cool ideas we will be bringing to fruition to keep the riding laid back. Of course it is a race...
  17. M

Touring bikes

touring shorts noting this is the touring thread, any one have any recommendations for decent touring shorts, ie: not lycra nicks? Thanks SURLY LHT (MTB Setup), YETI AS-R
  18. M

Rotoburners Age

age Age has nothing to do with it.......but for the record I'm 47.
  19. M

2010 Tour de Timor

Hi riders The dates for the 2010 Tour de Timor will be announced shortly, the five day stage race covering some 450 kms in a magnificent country will once again be run in the Aug/Sep timeslot. Here is what Team Torq had to say about the race...
  20. M

Tour de Timor - 5 day, 350Km Stage Race for solo and teams

330 riders A grand total of 330 riders have entered in the first Tour de Timor, a 5 day 450km adventure ride. I have travelled the course several times now, and day one and half of day two are pretty easy....and that is all I am saying. The rest of the course is moderately undulating with a...