Search results

1. akashra

This needs to be incorporated into a commuting jersey

While I agree this would unfortunately give those cops who look for any reason they can to fine cyclists just another reason to fine them with the use of profanity :/
  2. akashra

MTBA email

First you create the template, as you've done. Then you need to create a list of recipients, which you do via 'Send Bulk Emails'. That will generate a list based on the filter you use. Let it generate the list then it'll tell you how many recipients were added, and hit 'Continue'. The next...
  3. akashra

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

I've now started to back off the volume a bit as I need a few weeks to just catch up and recover. Two weeks at home (VES1, MTBO1 and XCM3 next two weekends), then straight up to Cairns for 10 days (World cup set-up), then three weeks home, then off overseas for two weeks. 2016 Target...
  4. akashra

Formula One world championship

Holy crap Haas are on the pace - less than 3 seconds off this time, and quicker than the Williams, Manor, McLaren, Renault and Toro Rosso. And yes, that was the day two order at the tail end - Manor being quicker than McLaren, Renault and STR!
  5. akashra

I totally agree. Nice mix of blue, gloss red and matte red. As for testing, hows the pace of the Haas entry! Certainly did not see that kind of pace coming from a brand new entry, that's damned impressive.
  6. akashra

Looks fantastic. Like a 1999 Williams ;)
  7. akashra

Lysterfield trail conditions?

Eidetic memory? :) The trails out at Stonefly/Howqua Gap was the same when I rode it over the New Year break. I've only ridden out there once, back at the 2012 National Round. Remembered exactly where to go once I was out there. OT: But no, seriously, I have an insane memory for remembering...
  8. akashra

Lysterfield trail conditions?

I was out there for MTBO on Saturday afternoon and OMG I can't remember the trails being this grippy, with the possibly exception of the 2007 Chase The Sun series (round 3). There were a few puddles I wish someone would dig a trench out of, but other than that soooooo much grip on Blair Witch...
  9. akashra

Car rental for mountain bikes

I've had five bikes in the back of my Lancer. If you can't get two in the back of an Outlander then oy vey.
  10. akashra

Yep, Jan was way good as far as target goes. I'm at 1403km for the year, another 66 tomorrow then first race of the year on Friday night. In the two months since my last race, which was a mid-field C grade result, I've put in 2500kms. I suspect I'll have a bit more form.
  11. akashra

971km down, 7029 to go. Now for a 6 day break :(
  12. akashra

New rules for cyclists in NSW - Safe passing distances, but massive fines as well....

No, they'll come up with some other 'random' reason to stop you - and then discover you don't have ID when it's the first thing they ask for, as you're now required to carry it so there's no reason for them to not ask for ID. This will become a thing - "random" blitzes on cyclists, where they...
  13. akashra

7 peaks!

Hey, rant time ;) I did Baw Baw the other week on my Anthem, not because of the gears going up but because of the brakes coming down. That was on that 41C TFB day in late December and yeah, it was still 38C at Baw Baw. Everything else I did on a 39/53 12-25, which I've ridden up Baw Baw on...
  14. akashra

2009: 8972 2010: 7981 2011: 7497 2012: 4300 2013: 8138 2014: 5991 2015: 5337 For 2016 I'm going to aim for 8,000, but if I can stick to doing 200km/week then 10,000km isn't unreasonable. Plans for 2016 include Easter in the Alice, and 8 days of riding in Hawaii in May, including...
  15. akashra

First gaming console for kids?

I know this comes too late, but I can't disagree. For kids of all ages (even 33yo kids like myself) the Wii U has an incredible selection of titles including Mario Kart 8, Yoshi's Wooly World, Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros. On the other hand the PS4 has Nidhogg and Rocket League -...
  16. akashra

Why has this place died? one for the pre 2010 crowd.

You know what they say about shutting down a swimming pool.
  17. akashra

Managing insurance claims on stolen bikes

Mine was assessed by them - it is quite clear they rely on getting repeat business by ripping the insured party off. When my Crux went in - which had been hit by a car - they failed to even include obvious things such as a saddle sticking out off the rails, a rear brake caliper that was damaged...
  18. akashra

T47 the new bottom bracket standard?

Oh cool, another standard! That is all.
  19. akashra

Sacking Rosberg seems a bit far over it, but I am seriously wondering how Rosberg would want to remain at Mercedes beyond 2015, aside from giving up what is clearly the best car on the grid. Aside from being second to the rest of the field, there would appear to be nothing for him to gain while...