Search results

1. S

Any downhill/freeride trails S/E melbourne, Mt Dandenong/Kalorama/Olinda area?

I'm trying to get back into riding after a couple of years out of it. I haven't been to king lake for a while but that used to be good if you had someone to shuttle with. I normally make the trip over to the you yangs though. There's a few good tracks there for all skill levels. I'm keen to find...
  2. S

Drop With DJ3's?

If your worried about your forks bottoming, u've got like 300mm of suspension in your arms and legs. Just build up2 it start off small and work your way up.
  3. S

BMX or Mountain bike

BMX is good for tech tricks and stuff. There also strong as and need little maintenance. It's also a lot easier to grind with pegs than pedals. I'm sellin my mtb to get a bmx.
  4. S

Spraying, Devalued?

Do you plan on selling it? If u do a shit job you can just strip it off and redo it until you get it how you want it. Very time consuming but you'll be happy in the end.
  5. S

South Croydon

Yeah it's a tiny double and really rough too. It's been there for a fair while now i noticed it last year. Dunno who made it.
  6. S

sick of single speed

How much money do you have? I met a guy a couple of months ago who was fairly happy with 'marzocchi 4x world cups'
  7. S

cheap gold labels

I bought my Gold Label 2's off ebay brand new, with a ditch witch laced to some generic 20mm and a hussevelt stem. $294 it cost me. The guy that was selling them owned a bikeshop and had managed to get them cheap so he was selling them on the side for beer money.
  8. S

what are the strongest cranks on the market

I know a bmxer that has snapped them, he bought them offline and had no problems claiming the warranty.
  9. S

Places to ride

SKATEPARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! concrete is hard whether it's wet or dry, make sure you dry the coping when it's wet, and ride concrete ramps not steel or you'll stack hard.
  10. S

skatepark tips

It's a good idea to go early in the morning. Make a list of things you want to do before you get there. Make sure you pad up and just have fun. Who cares if you fall on your ass, everyone does it at some stage or another. Another thing you can do is hang around with bmxers. Most of the time when...
  11. S

...Best Bike DVD...

NWD 6 & 7, best movies ever, probably some of the best soundtracks too.
  12. S

Goofy vs Natural Footed

I'm left handed but throw a ball right handed. I kick a football left footed and soccerball right. But i ride skateboard right foot forward and bike right foot forward.
  13. S

Right Foot or Left Foot Foward?

If you have your right foot forward you spin to the left, and vice versa. Some people spin the same direction as there lead foot but it's much more difficult. But practise makes perfect, so find yourself a decent sized bowl and just keep trying to spin out until you get it (or stuff your back...
  14. S

Lysterfield Park

I rode there the night they had the trials for the 2006 commonwealth games, it was awesome. Went back a month later and the track was stuffed, ruts and holes all through it. It would be a good track if it was designed better or better maintained. Fairly challenging rock garden and a really fun...
  15. S

Sr Suntour

HAHA quite possibly the world's worst forks. Tried riding at the skatepark with some DuroD's and I nearly killed myself trying to air a quarter. I snapped mine trying to 360 a concrete tabletop and chocking the front wheel. Snapped in the middle of the crown.
  16. S

Sr Suntour

HAHA quite possibly the world's worst forks. Tried riding at the skatepark with some DuroD's and I nearly killed myself trying to air a quarter. I snapped mine trying to 360 a concrete tabletop and chocking the front wheel. Snapped in the middle of the crown.
  17. S

Norco Ryde...Need help with parts... DJ bike

I'd get some stronger rims. Singletracks buckle too easily, and there's no point having a really light bike with weak parts because they'll break and you won't be able to ride anyway.
  18. S

What kind of gloves to buy?

I have fox digits, they're about 3 months old and they're nearly stuffed. The seams along the thumbs are splitting, the second layer of the palm is coming off and there are holes on nearly every finger tip. They are comfortable just not really that durable. I don't know if it was just a dodgy...
  19. S

Tailwhips

You don't use your legs much at all. To learn you can stand on the ground with the bike beside you, pick up the bike, and use your arms to spin it around in front of you. It is hard to tailwhip on bikes with big frames or which are really heavy, so it is easier to learn on a bmx or a really...
  20. S

In The Market

Haro thread 8 is a nice feeling frame. I snapped my thread 1 doing a disaster and got it replaced on warranty. Really light too, but where the chainstays meet the bb it looks pretty weak.