Search results

1. J

VIC 29" Boxxer or similiar

Item: 29" Boxxer or another fork like a dorado than I can reduce travel to 180mm Location: Wangaratta but will buy from anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Let me know what you have. Anything from near new to well used considered Extra Info: Building up a dual crown Forbidden so need to be...
  2. J

VIC 27.5 DH frame

Item: DH frame 27.5 L-XL Location: Wangaratta Vic but will buy from anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on model/condition Extra Info: Looking for a frame upgrade for my 2016 Giant glory which I haven't really gelled with. Thinking Commencal, V10, demo etc. Size needs to be Large to...
  3. J

VIC WTB Dirt jump frame

Item: 26" dirt jump/pump track frame to build up while I figure out how to remove a broken and seized alloy post from my last raffnix Location: Wangaratta but will pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to a few hundred depending on what it is Extra Info: Looking for something lying...
  4. J

27.5 non boost wheelset

Item: 27.5 non boost wheelset Location: Wangaratta but will buy from anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends what you have but not looking to spend heaps given its an outdated standard Extra Info: Looking for a set of reasonably robust trail/enduro wheels to replace my crossrides. 15mm...
  5. J

VIC 26" 1"1/8 Forks

Item: Good XC/trail forks to upgrade my partners hardtail Location: Wangaratta but happy to have posted Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Extra Info: Looking at Rebas,Recon,Pikes,Tora, Fox 32 anything really thats decent quality. Bike is currently qr but looking at...
  6. J

VIC Cheap 26" QR XC/Trail forks

Item: Cheap 26" QR XC/Trail forks Location: Wangaratta but will buy from anywhere Price and price conditions: Depends what you have Extra Info: Looking for something with decent damping (set of old Rebas, R7 or something)
  7. J

Carbon cranks vs shuttle trailer

Hi All, This has been covered before I know but keen to know the 2017 consensus as carbon cranks have been around for a while now... Got a predicament with my new DH bike. On past bikes with alloy cranks I've just put a bit of tape/tube on and accepted the inevitable gouges 3/4 of the...
  8. J

AM/Trail bike

Item: AM/Trail bike Location: Naracoorte SA but will buy from anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to and around 2k Extra Info: Medium or Large 26 or 27.5, not too fussed on brands. 4.5-6 inch travel. Will also consider 26" frame and forks only
  9. J

Outdated technology - IH Sunday

Maybe... Haven't done enough riding on newer bikes to know if they're really faster. Anyway its the result of not buying a new bike since 2007. It was this then and through a process of replacing one part at a time (some second hand from here, some from shops). I've ended up with this. Specs...
  10. J

2 days in Cairns - Where to ride?

I'm Heading up to Cairns for a week off next week and have decided to take the DH bike with me. Will probably only be able to convince the other half to shuttle me for parts of 2 days, so what should I hit up? I know about Kuranda and Smithfield (world cup track?) but not much else...
  11. J

Avid lever blade compatibility/ Xt for downhill

Hey all, Just a quick query re: compatibility of avid levers between juicys, codes, elixirs? I bought straitline levers many years ago when juicys were the new thing. My brakes are now pretty outdated and shagged but I still reckon the lever blades are the best I've ever used. Looking at...
  12. J

New Falls creek downhill track?

Hey all, I was going to be in Mt Beauty this weekend anyway but noticed a promo on the falls creek website about a new DH track built by World trail opening this weekend. Has anyone heard anything about this? Is anyone heading up or is my time better spent doing shuttles down the mountain...
  13. J

32 mm Boxxer flat crown

Item: 2006-2009 32mm top flat Boxxer crown Location: Naracoorte SA but will buy from anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Extra Info: Must be direct mount compatible. Im pretty sure they all were though.
  14. J

SA Cheap DJ forks and wheel if 20mm

Item: Any DJ, 4x or trail fork that can take a bit of abuse (Gold labels, pikes, argyles, minutes, anything really). Will be needing a wheel or at least a hub if theyre 20mm Location: Naracoorte, Geelong sometimes and Melbourne Item Condition: Must be structurally good, ill see what you guys...
  15. J

Mt Gambier DH?

Hey everyone, I've just moved to Naracoorte for work and am re-assessing my dh riding. Will probably end up racing a few SA series races as well as getting back over to vic. I remembered reading about a state series race run a Mt Gambier a few years ago, and after a search I gather the...
  16. J

Cheap DJ/4x/Trail forks - QR or 20mm

Item: Cheap DJ/4x/Trail forks - QR or 20mm Location: Geelong or Melbourne but will buy from anywhere Price range/Willing to Pay: Around or under $100, depends on what you have Extra Info: Looking for some structurally sound forks to make do with for now. Don't mind if they are scratched up...
  17. J

Leatt DBX ride.

Hey everyone, It's time I stopped feeling stupid at the races due to not owning a neck braces, and worrying I'll break my neck every run. I need a neck brace, but don't want to pay heaps. The Alpinestars ones don't fit, even an extra small. I've heard the EVS ones are terrible. This means...
  18. J

WC #3 - Leogang

Well theres still no thread for this so I'll put one up. Qualifiers are in, looked pretty muddy. Blenkinsop in first, good to see Bryn and Shaun O'Connor up there. Coverage tonight looks like it starts at 9:20 on freecaster.
  19. J

New DJ frame ideas?

Hey guys, As an end of uni year present to myself I want to get a new hardtail frame. I mostly ride DH but like to muck around with some dirt jumps and street. Currently I have a Da Bomb Cr8 which has treated me well but they get such poor reviews when it comes to geometry that I'm wondering...
  20. J

Grip or other Bike carrier

Item: Gripsport DH carrier for 2 bikes or maybe another brand. No top tube clamping racks though Location: Geelong/Melbourne Price and price conditions: Depends on item