Search results

1. normdouglas

Forrest Festival 2012 - Offical Thread

Entries open tomorrow. There is an extra stage added for 2012. All details here > www.forrestfestival.com.au
  2. normdouglas

2012 Forrest 6 Hour - Entries now open

Here we go again. Entries opened this morning at 9am. We have a brand new major partner in Bicycle Superstore. Entries are capped at 400 riders, same awesome course (including the solo loop), same great venue, same amazing prizes... same fantastic little club. ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON...
  3. normdouglas

Forrest Festival 2011

Just 4 weeks to go, rider info packs will be emailed out shortly. Contrary to some rumours going round, our event is NOT yet sold out. So still time to get your entries in. www.forrestfestival.com.au
  4. normdouglas

Forrest Festival 2011

Looking for an awesome 2 day stage event? Forrest Festival is now deep in the planning. Entries will open in approx 20 days. Further details here > www.forrestfestival.com.au
  5. normdouglas

Giant Australia RIDE WITH JESS competition - 2011 Forrest 6 Hour

There is still time to enter the Giant Australia RIDE WITH JESS competition. Some lucky girl will get flown from anywhere in Australia to the 2011 Forrest 6 hour, kitted out in Giant stuff that they get to keep, then ride with the 2010 World 24 Hour champion Jess Douglas at the Forrest 6 hour...
  6. normdouglas

Forrest 6 Hour - June 5 2011

Check out our website > www.forrest6hour.com.au for full details. Same awesome course, same great atmosphere, same great little club to support. It's our major event for the year, and we have increased the rider cap to 400. The trade off is that we can only accept 100 solo riders in TOTAL...
  7. normdouglas

Giant Demo Day #2 Feb 5th 2011

Just letting all Victorians know that Giant will be holding their 2nd demo day at the You Yangs. All details are on their official site > www.giantrealriders.com.au Also, you can get to ride with DH legend Jared Rando. See full details on the site. Giant Demo Days
  8. normdouglas

VIC It's a good day for Forrest

Today marks a significant day in the Forrest Trail network. After 3 years of patiently talking with and trying to work with DSE, the Forrest MTB & Cycling Club are conducting a working bee on a section of trail. These works have the blessing of DSE. This will be the first time in the Forrest...
  9. normdouglas

Downhillers smash themselves at 6 Hour Enduro

Just a quick shout out to Aiden Wyber and Ryan Da La Rue. These two awesome riders came along to our 6 hour on the weekend at Forrest and proved that DH'ers can certainly ride "normal" bikes too. They came a very credible 19th overall, and just outside the top 10 in the Male Pairs. I chatted...
  10. normdouglas

For Sale - Entries for 2010 World 24HR Solo Champs - Genuine sale

I have two entries to sell. Obviously you need to have already qualified first. Entries as below. 1. Standard Entry, includes basic entry fee (max value $400) 2. Deluxe "with the lot" entry. This includes Marquee, heater, flooring, tables, chairs, power and lights (max value $1200)...
  11. normdouglas

2010 Forrest 6 Hour - Entries now OPEN!

With a cap of just 350 riders, we have now officially opened entries for the 2010 Forrest 6 Hour. Last years event sold out well before the event, so don't delay head over to our site now and get your entry in. $1000 1st place up for grabs in the Solo Male and Solo Female. Solo entries will be...
  12. normdouglas

Forrest Victorian State XC Round 4 20-March-2010 Entries Now Open

Entries are now open for Round 4 of the series. We have arranged a seriously FAST course, with just enough climbing. Full details can be found at http://www.rideforrest.com.au/victorian-state-xc-round-4 Look forward to seeing everyone there... please come and support XC racing in...
  13. normdouglas

Brand new Cycling show on Foxtel - Power to the Pedal

Attention Foxtel and Austar subscribers. Starting March 2010 on CH 183 on Foxtel and Austar, you will be able to see Australia's newest dedicated cycling TV show. Along with segments about all types of cycling, there will also be Norm and Jessica Douglas in a weekly "Skills Segments" on the...
  14. normdouglas

Forrest State XC Round 4 20-March-2010 Entries Now Open

Entries are now open for Round 4 of the series. We have arranged a seriously FAST course, with just enough climbing. Full details can be found at http://www.rideforrest.com.au/victorian-state-xc-round-4
  15. normdouglas

What would you do to fix this.

Just looking for some ideas from experienced trail builders, on how they might fix this. Cheers
  16. normdouglas

I want to race

Just looking for some advice... I'm thinking of racing some DH this coming year. I've been saying for a little bit now, that this will be the year of my comeback. Being eligible for the Master cat now, I figure I could have some fun. My questions are. As a general rule, will a 5" travel bike...
  17. normdouglas

What MTB is all about! - A few thoughts.

Recently spent a weekend at MT Buller, and I live in Forrest. I love modern MTB trail design, I raced BMX heaps as a kid, and I love to jump. However, the best trail I have found in recent times is the "River Spur" at Mt Buller. No berms, no rockgardens, DEFINITLEY NO WOODWORK, and barely...
  18. normdouglas

Womens Skills Camp - Forrest - Sep 26/27 2009

Just a quick note that there are a few remaining spots available at our upcoming Womens only skills camp. Full details here Cheers
  19. normdouglas

Light weight UST tyres

Looking for the best light weight UST tyre on the market. Suitable for damp conditions. Opinions?
  20. normdouglas

Geelong Ring Road is FINALLY open

Why is this MTB news you ask? Because this means that the driving time from Melbourne to Forrest has just been reduced by approximately 40 mins. In fact during peak times, this could be as much as 1 hour! All the more reason to get over to www.forrest6hour.com.au and sign up. Travelling...